How to treat the sudden full flow of urine without warning, farang male

scorecard

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

That is a PSA tedt.

Does not tell you if prostate is enlarged. Just makes it unlikely you have a clinically significant cancer of the prostate. Lots of men have benign enlatgement and this is one of several possibilities in your case. 

Dr. Sheryl, thanks for your post which, as usual, is very informative on this subject and I have gained some valuable knowledge.

Soon I will get some further exploration. Is there a specific 'test' / investigation I should take and can you please recommend what hospital to visit in Chiang Mai.

Thanks again. 

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Hospital is nto important, doctor is.

As previously mentioned, suggest this doctor at Bangkok Hosp https://www.bangkokhospital-chiangmai.com/en/doctor/dr-wittawat-rawiyotai-m-d/

Bring the blood test report with you. He will take your full history, do a physical exam and advise what if any further investigations he thinks are needed.

Thank you.

On 9/14/2024 at 9:25 AM, scorecard said:

Thanks for the information.

Are you aware of a pharmacy in Chiang Mai which sells Ditropan tablets?

Thanks again.

Try Fascino. They are about half price of BK Hospital. 

You need a prescription from a doctor.

On 9/13/2024 at 12:23 PM, mfd101 said:

Saw Palmetto pills can help (not fix). In Thailand called 'Sametto', available at any pharmacy.

Other than that, greatly reducing your sugar intake (in all forms) makes a big difference.

I already take 2 Saw Palmetto tabs around midday (as advised by a doctor at Suan Doc (Chiang Mai Uni Medical School) hospital to reduce the number of times I need to urinate during the night.

Been taking Saw Palmetto for about one month and the number of time I need to urinate in the night time has reduced, now down to twice or even once per night (always with the feeling of 'need to pee' / never just sudden unwarned outflow in the bed).

But sudden without warning outflow of urine (day time) has not reduced and is intermittent, sometimes once a day (yesterday whilst shopping at Makro Superhighway outflow suddenly started without warning, had to run to upstairs toilet leaving a trail of urine.)  And sometimes 2 times per day (daytime only). 

Yesterday (22 Sept '24) I went to 3 big pharmacies and 2 smaller shops n Chiang Mai. All said DITROPAN tabs out of stock and date of resupply unknown. And I discovered DITROPAN tabs quite expensive.

Thai adult Son called the pharmacy at Suan Doc hospital, DITROPAN out of stock but pharmacist mentioned when in stock and prescribed by Suan Doc doctor less than half the price of outside pharmacies. Arrival date of new stock unknown. 

So looking for any other suggestions of medication instead of DITROPAN for sudden urine outflow without warning. 

Any suggestions / advice much appreciated. 

Edited by scorecard

I had a similar issue once, and it turned out to be a temporary thing related to stress. I’d definitely recommend chatting with a doctor, though. They can help figure out what’s going on. In the meantime, I found that cutting back on caffeine and staying hydrated helped a bit. Have you considered pelvic floor exercises? They helped me strengthen those muscles when I needed it. 

I'm in similar age range to most others on this topic.

I self-medicated for this problem ... with great success.

I won't say "cured", but can confidently say, problem resolved.

Confident enough to throw away my last package of adult diapers.

I no longer swallow any of the "medical religion" or their pills or their procedures.

Since the covid hoax, I refuse to go near any hospital (unless for something "mechanical" like a broken arm).

I will do whatever I can on my own, without trusting a government-licensed medical worker.

For this problem (and several others), that approach has been working just fine; surprisingly well, actually.

I did my own research on the Internet, and I tried several remedies (including the saw palmetto), before I was able to get the problem fixed.

Now I am sleeping thru the night without getting up every 90 minutes.

Washing dishes without having to run to the toilet.

Standing up after a long spell at the computer, without a stream of urine starting.

Riding several hours in a car without any "emergencies".

And when I do urinate, it is a steady stream with a satisfying emptying of my bladder.

What a relief!

Never consulted any doctor.

My purpose in posting is to say that you may find a solution to the problem on your own, with careful research.

Operative word is "may".

No, I will not post my self-remedies here on a public forum.

Just the fact that I did it myself, without "official" medical sanction, will start the angry bees buzzing on this thread.  Posting actual remedies would push them "over the top".

And if I get banned here for "heresy of medical religion", that's no problem at all.  "Burner" emails are easily available.

In summary, I encourage doing one's own research, and trying some of the many self-remedies available.  You may be pleasantly surprised.  I was.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old Curmudgeon said:

I'm in similar age range to most others on this topic.

I self-medicated for this problem ... with great success.

I won't say "cured", but can confidently say, problem resolved.

Confident enough to throw away my last package of adult diapers.

I no longer swallow any of the "medical religion" or their pills or their procedures.

Since the covid hoax, I refuse to go near any hospital (unless for something "mechanical" like a broken arm).

I will do whatever I can on my own, without trusting a government-licensed medical worker.

For this problem (and several others), that approach has been working just fine; surprisingly well, actually.

I did my own research on the Internet, and I tried several remedies (including the saw palmetto), before I was able to get the problem fixed.

Now I am sleeping thru the night without getting up every 90 minutes.

Washing dishes without having to run to the toilet.

Standing up after a long spell at the computer, without a stream of urine starting.

Riding several hours in a car without any "emergencies".

And when I do urinate, it is a steady stream with a satisfying emptying of my bladder.

What a relief!

Never consulted any doctor.

My purpose in posting is to say that you may find a solution to the problem on your own, with careful research.

Operative word is "may".

No, I will not post my self-remedies here on a public forum.

Just the fact that I did it myself, without "official" medical sanction, will start the angry bees buzzing on this thread.  Posting actual remedies would push them "over the top".

And if I get banned here for "heresy of medical religion", that's no problem at all.  "Burner" emails are easily available.

In summary, I encourage doing one's own research, and trying some of the many self-remedies available.  You may be pleasantly surprised.  I was.

i agree wholeheartedly ................

but most will not have the skill to learn themself , 

that is why they blindly follow others.