Pigeon Feeding Blamed for Thai Man’s Lung Illness

webfact

A guy from my hometown recently died from this in his 70s, he was a lifelong pigeon-fancier and breeder and also used to race them.

He died of a respiratory disease, and also pneumonia, I think it was pigeon-fanciers lung or something like that.

Why cant they move?

Obvious this has been going on for a while of course we are talking Thailand but the owner didnt  disclose this fact

I managed an apartment building back home can attest to this birds basically rat with wings. They nest and <deleted> everywhere until I found the solution I was shoveling their <deleted> up to clean area for tenants I had to get a good face mask after the first time I could feel the toxin.

Edited by thailand49

30 minutes ago, impulse said:

Is the law against feeding pigeons just a Bangkok thing? 

I see signs all over warning of a 20,000 baht fine for feeding pigeons.

It is against the law in Hong Kong.

The government gazetted amendments to the Wildlife Protection Ordinance on August 1 to extend feeding bans to cover wild pigeons and introduce a HK$5,000 fixed penalty system

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe to pay the medical bills they can kidnap a few of them like in Taiwan last year:

Taiwan Police Arrest Gang of Pigeon Kidnappers

Group threatened to torture the birds if owners failed to pay ransom

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/news/4921630

🤣🤣🤣

Edited by mushroomdave
  • Haha 1

Have a few around the house, but none seem to have settled in and used the house as a perch.   Have drones JIC they do decide to hang out here.

Brother had to give up racing pigeons, as got an lung infection, and couldn't shake it while still having the pigeons.  Birds can be quite the dirty vermin at times.

• Agree 1

Pest birds such as pigeons should be periodically culled. Okay, I feed sparrows and mynah birds sometimes, but they don't congregate, they don't bother other people, they don't <deleted> all over the place, and they don't carry diseases harmful to humans. Pigeons and crows are pests and a health danger and should be treated as such. Crows you can at least reason with but I hate pigeons.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1