DTV and 5-year driver's license

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can you post detail of what docs you supplied.

Supplied copies of my pink ID, yellow tabien baan, passport info page, visa page, and stamp page. Showed the QR code from their elearning course, and handed in the original doctor's approval that says I do indeed have a pulse.

I then played the silly colors and sticks games, took a photo, paid the fee, and was finally provided with a shiny new DL that will expire in Sep 2030.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moana said:

Supplied copies of my pink ID, yellow tabien baan, passport info page, visa page, and stamp page. Showed the QR code from their elearning course, and handed in the original doctor's approval that says I do indeed have a pulse.

I then played the silly colors and sticks games, took a photo, paid the fee, and was finally provided with a shiny new DL that will expire in Sep 2030.

Which transport office? 

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which transport office?

Nan provincial office.

12 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Don't you think maybe the fact you already had a 5 year licemce, a pink ID card and a yellow book were the main reasons you got a 5 year re-newal?

I certainly do know that if I were to renew the license while on a VE or TR visa it would've been a 2 year license, regardless of any other paperwork I may have possessed.

I agree that a newbie without any additional paperwork is likely to incur more scrutiny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, thanks for report.

In particular did you obtain certificate of residence. 

The certificate of residence is my worry also since I want to buy a new car in the next few months.  The OP used his pink card which most of us don't have. Happy for him but wish he had a certificate of residence 🙂

Edited by atpeace

2 minutes ago, atpeace said:

The certificate of residence is my worry also since I want to buy a new car in the next few months.  The OP used his pink card which most of us don't have. Happy for him but wish he had a certificate of residence 🙂

First up ..

Q1 what is your status in Thailand.

.meaning tourist visa or ....? 

Q2 where are you located? 

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

First up ..

Q1 what is your status in Thailand.

.meaning tourist visa or ....? 

Q2 where are you located? 

Have a non-o based on retirement and live in Ubon.  I used up my last re-entry stamp last week and am leaving for America next month.  Debating going to Vientiane next week without a re-entry stamp which will cancel my Non-O.  Then apply for a DTV.  I go to sporting events (Marathons) around Thailand throughout the year and I'm guessing this will meet the requirements.  If not I can always re-apply for a Non-O.  The 500k savings is not an issue.

Edited by atpeace

15 hours ago, moana said:

Nan provincial office.

I certainly do know that if I were to renew the license while on a VE or TR visa it would've been a 2 year license, regardless of any other paperwork I may have possessed.

I agree that a newbie without any additional paperwork is likely to incur more scrutiny.

Did you have a 2 year license before and just renewed it for 5?

If so then it is normal.

On 9/13/2024 at 7:34 PM, DrJack54 said:

OP, thanks for report.

In particular did you obtain certificate of residence. 

Think it's 500,000 baht bank account last six months tied to a foreign western company heard a employment letter from your company to employ you helps 

W passport and need to do at embassy in Vietnam Cambodia or Laos Thai Embassy 

Cro everything I see it's awesome visa just had friend get last week in Vietnam 12k baht