Your Girlfriend's Average Sandwich Quota

Chris Daley

18 minutes ago, NowNow said:

@jippytum do provide a link to the Condensed Milk that you claim is sold in Thailand. Try to do so without adding abuse, in so we can have a normal discussion.

Its impossible not to be 'somewhat' responsive to such a basic request borne out of laziness... 

If you don't understand something - how can you not google it yourself ???? doing so is actually a lot faster than the back and forth with the bickering you trigger... 

HERE >>>  The very first hit of a very simple google search: 

Villa Market - Link:

BigC - Link:

Google is your friend - Link:

...and as you may be too lazy to click the links... Here in a pretty picture !!! 

image.thumb.png.05708544d8eb1ac3445745e8b55d33c5.png

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its impossible not to 'somewhat' responsive to such a basic request borne out of laziness... 

If you don't understand something - how can you not google it yourself ???? doing so is actually a lot faster than the back and forth with the bickering you trigger... 

HERE >>>  The very first hit of a very simple google search: 

Villa Market - Link:

BigC - Link:

Google is your friend - Link:

...and as you may be too lazy to click the links... Here in a pretty picture !!! 

image.thumb.png.05708544d8eb1ac3445745e8b55d33c5.png

I don't see any links or pictures of Condensed Milk. Do you?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Poison in a can, sweet milky muck

It's actually not milky at all. That's the point these quite 'hasty' people are missing. Quick with the abuse and sarcasm, but not too hot on the reality.

No one has yet produced a link nor a picture of condensed milk sold in Thailand.

• Confused 2

Just now, NowNow said:

That was not my question to you.

I just made it easier to end a fruitless argument. I know many here don't know what Thailand has or doesn't have, including myself. When I saw Carnation after I moved here I was thinking at least they have some foreign food.

6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I just made it easier to end a fruitless argument. I know many here don't know what Thailand has or doesn't have, including myself. When I saw Carnation after I moved here I was thinking at least they have some foreign food.

What's the fruitless argument? Do you think your links show Condensed Milk? I notice you left the word milk out of your description. I asked why.

9 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

It's not an argument. One of us is in possession of the facts, whilst others have jumped to conclusions.

How people reply or react says more about them.

If a quiz question was posted here, would they react in the same way?

I made a simple statement which happens to be true. 

4 minutes ago, NowNow said:

What's the fruitless argument? Do you think your links show Condensed Milk? I notice you left the word milk out of your description. I asked why.

4 minutes ago, NowNow said:

https://th.ninelife.com/products/carnation-evaporated-milk-holiday-desserts-unsweetened-condensed-milk-pumpkin-pie-97-fl-oz-286-l?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpqfCyJHHiAMVKalmAh2LThS_EAQYBSABEgIFnvD_BwE

Just now, NowNow said:

It's not an argument. One of us is in possession of the facts, whilst others have jumped to conclusions.

How people reply or react says more about them.

If a quiz question was posted here, would they react in the same way?

I made a simple statement which happens to be true. 

You said no one has produced a link showing condensed milk sold in Thailand. I showed 2 and Richard the header for many stores. Carnation evaporated milk is condensed milk. Maybe I'm missing something somewhere?

• Agree 1

My wife doesn't make or eat sandwiches although many years ago she made toasties on rare occasion.

About as close as she gets to western food is making me red spaghetti sauce and air frying garlic chicken.

Since I'm in Thailand and married to Thai I eat Thai food. Decent food in AC food court is b60-80. The extent of my western food is random tuna or ham sandwich, home made pickles, youghrt

Lately I've been rebelling and asking for omelette cooked in butter or olive oil. If I'm feeling really feisty I'll cut in half and melt cheese on top and eat it with ... hold on .. wheat toast. Another rarity might be her bringing home baked goods.

She will eat pizza a few times a year. She eats half small and I eat one and a half

We only eat together weekends.

She will not eat non-bakery bread, beans, dill pickles, tinned tuna, pasta (rare), potatoes.. really any western food that is not meat.

She loves blue cheese.

I'm a firm believer in eating same time as possible and same food. Sleeping same bed/room

Edited by Chadnik

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

Is that a Thai product or even a product sold in Thailand? A bit ridiculous, coming up with a product costing 4,000 baht that is obviously an imported product.

What happened to "Shopee, Villa, Makro, Tops and others..."? 😉

• Confused 1

There's condensed milk AND sweetened condensed milk. The former is unsweetened. Coffee shops always use the sweetened. Hope this helps.

I'm not a big Western food shopper especially condensed milk, but I've never seen simply condensed milk it's always sweetened condensed

Edited by Chadnik
  • Confused 1

Just now, NowNow said:

Is that a Thai product or even a product sold in Thailand? A bit ridiculous, coming up with a product costing 4,000 baht that is obviously an imported product.

What happened to "Shopee, Villa, Makro, Tops and others..."? 😉

This is your original statement...........They don't have condensed milk in Thailand. I and Richard showed that they do indeed sell Carnation condensed milk in Thailand, at at least 4 places, and I saw it at coffee shops as soon as I moved here. No one said it was a Thai product, but it is sold here.

7 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

You said no one has produced a link showing condensed milk sold in Thailand. I showed 2 and Richard the header for many stores. Carnation evaporated milk is condensed milk. Maybe I'm missing something somewhere?

No, you have not. You are wrong on just about everything you have asserted. Fail. 😊

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

This is your original statement...........They don't have condensed milk in Thailand. I and Richard showed that they do indeed sell Carnation condensed milk in Thailand, at at least 4 places, and I saw it at coffee shops as soon as I moved here. No one said it was a Thai product, but it is sold here.

They sell neither Evaporated Milk nor Condensed Milk in Thailand 😉

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NowNow said:

No, you have not. You are wrong on just about everything you have asserted. Fail. 😊

Actually I've been right all along. If you'd like, I can go to the nearest coffee shop, 6 kilos away, and take a picture of the Carnation condensed milk they use. It's the same as all the links and pictures we've shown here. You can't say someone is wrong when they're showing proof. What are these pictures and links of if it isn't carnation condensed milk? This from Villa in Thailand....https://shop.villamarket.com/product/5400?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_IOs3pLHiAMVz6RmAh1eNCNjEAQYAiABEgKVsfD_BwE

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, jippytum said:

Thai female companions learn  very quickly how to make good western food

Agreed and a good take.

4 hours ago, jippytum said:

Never known sandwiches  to be popular. However bread coated in sweet unheathy condensed milk always a winner. 

But then you contradict yourself. 😄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Actually I've been right all along. If you'd like, I can go to the nearest coffee shop, 6 kilos away, and take a picture of the Carnation condensed milk they use. It's the same as all the links and pictures we've shown here. You can't say someone is wrong when they're showing proof. What are these pictures and links of if it isn't carnation condensed milk?

Would you really like to do that? It would be like me taking candy from a child 😊

I would prefer to let you off the hook.

There really is no Evaporated Milk or Condensed Milk sold in Thailand. An even cursory glance at any of the products in the shops and restaurants will confirm. None of them will state Condensed Milk or Evaporated Milk alone.

Marketing. It has pretty much everyone fooled. But you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Would you really like to do that? It would be like me taking candy from a child 😊

I would prefer to let you off the hook.

There really is no Evaporated Milk or Condensed Milk sold in Thailand. An even cursory glance at any of the products in the shops and restaurants will confirm. None of them will state Condensed Milk or Evaporated Milk alone.

Marketing. It has pretty much everyone fooled. But you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

Would you rest easier if I had said sweetened condensed milk? Or milk "product", seeing it has only 2 ingredients, milk and sugar ? It's still condensed milk to I and most of the rest of the world. I used to drink unsweetened condensed milk when I was young, but I can't remember the brand name. I did drink carnation, as well as cook with it, and it's the same thing sold and used here. A play on words doesn't detract from everyone looking at it as condensed milk. I'm not sure if they sell evaporated milk, as in dried powder, although someone said they did, in Thailand. This is from Wiki.....................Condensed milk is cow's milk from which water has been removed (roughly 60% of it). It is most often found with sugar added, in the form of sweetened condensed milk, to the extent that the terms "condensed milk" and "sweetened condensed milk" are often used interchangeably today.[1] Sweetened condensed milk is a very thick, sweet product, which when canned can last for years without refrigeration if not opened. The product is used in numerous dessert dishes in many countries.[2]

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Would you rest easier if I had said sweetened condensed milk? Or milk "product", seeing it has only 2 ingredients, milk and sugar ? It's still condensed milk to I and most of the rest of the world. I used to drink unsweetened condensed milk when I was young, but I can't remember the brand name. I did drink carnation, as well as cook with it, and it's the same thing sold and used here. A play on words doesn't detract from everyone looking at it as condensed milk.

But it DOESN'T have just two ingredients. You are just making that up without actually checking beforehand; a practice often undertaken by many of our 'esteemed' members 😊

Just for you, as you played along nicely:

Since you are from the USA, we'll use that as a starting reference.

https://www.nestleprofessional.us/nestle-carnation-evaporated-milk-6-x-97-fl-oz

Evaporated Milk ingredients: MILK, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, CARRAGEENAN, VITAMIN D3.

Compare that to the product to which you linked: https://www.tops.co.th/en/carnation-unsweeted-condensed-milk-405g-8850124018205

Ingredients: Milk Powder 12.5%, Maltodextrin 8.3%, Palm Olein Oil 5.6%.

Not even closely related and we won't ask about the remaining 75.6%. That is their equivalent of your Evaporated Milk, not Condensed Milk.

Now let move to Condensed Milk(we'll use UK for this one): 

https://www.carnation.co.uk/products/condensed-milk-and-caramel/condensed-milk-tin

Ingredients: 

WHOLE MILK, SUGAR. Usually 55% milk and 45% sugar.

Sold in Thailand : https://www.tops.co.th/en/carnation-plus-sweetend-condensed-milk-product-380g-8858705607350

Ingredients: Sugar 47%, Skimmed Milk Powder 9.9%, Palm Oil 8.1%, Whey Powder 2.47%, Vitamin 0.009%.

Edited by NowNow
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, marin said:

I have posted up the Carnation Instant Milk for you NowNow. How about a video as well. Famous vendor here in BKK.

What is the last thing drizzled on the banana roti?

What is Carnation Instant Milk and what does it have to do with Evaporated or Condensed Milk?

Did you read the label of what she poured or were you somehow distracted?