Taylor Swift Shines in Poll, Surpassing Expectations Against Trump and Harris

Social Media

image.png

A recent New York Times poll suggests that Taylor Swift could hold her own if she ever decided to enter the political arena, specifically in a race against political heavyweights like Donald Trump and Kamala Harris. The pop superstar was pitted against the two political figures in a nationwide survey to gauge her appeal among voters, and the results were unexpectedly strong. According to the poll, Swift received a 44 percent favorability rating among likely voters, which was just below Trump's 47 percent and Harris's 48 percent.

image.png

What was even more striking, however, was how much better Swift performed in terms of unfavorable ratings. Only 34 percent of respondents had an unfavorable view of Swift, compared to Trump’s 51 percent and Harris’s 49 percent. This shows a more positive public perception of Swift, with many viewing her as a less polarizing figure compared to the two politicians.

Swift's support was notably strong among Democrats, with 70 percent viewing her favorably. This wasn’t too surprising given Swift’s open endorsement of Kamala Harris following the presidential debate. In contrast, only 23 percent of Republicans had a favorable opinion of Swift, while 60 percent viewed her unfavorably. Among Democrats, a mere 11 percent had negative views of the pop star.

Independents, who often play a crucial role in elections, were also more favorable toward Swift than many might have anticipated. Forty-one percent of independents viewed her positively, while 32 percent had unfavorable opinions.

The poll, which was conducted by The New York Times, Philadelphia Inquirer, and Siena College between September 11 and 16, took place before Swift publicly announced her endorsement of Harris. On Instagram, Swift praised Harris for being a strong leader who fights for causes she deeply believes in. “She fights for the rights and causes I believe need a warrior to champion them. I think she is a steady-handed, gifted leader and I believe we can accomplish so much more in this country if we are led by calm and not chaos,” Swift wrote in her endorsement.

Unsurprisingly, the endorsement didn’t sit well with Donald Trump. In a reaction posted on his platform, Truth Social, Trump stated, “I HATE TAYLOR SWIFT!” Despite the heated political environment, Swift still managed to find a good chunk of support. However, 22 percent of voters didn’t seem too concerned with the pop star either way, with many of that group being males over the age of 65, who either didn’t know much about her or didn’t care.

Though Taylor Swift has never expressed any real interest in running for political office, her massive influence over her fan base has led some to imagine what might happen if she did. Her song lyrics from "The 1" could reflect the thoughts of her most ardent supporters: “It would have been sweet if it could’ve been me.”

Credit: Daily Beast 2024-09-21

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

image.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Is the fix in for 2028?

While she is a pretty singer of pretty songs, does she have any political experience, does she have any international experience?

The US could do worse than Swift as POTUS. If Harris can be, Swift should be a shoo in.

Does not really matter about having any experience anymore. Presidents just need to win the minds of the idiots in the country who want so hard to believe them that they believe anything said. I say let her run for President next elections. She has a good chance to win and can sway voters with her songs haha. Experience is not a pre-requisite any more. Just look how Harris and Trump are doing with their limited experience. If Reagan can win, then Swift could win also. Even Arnold Schwarzenegger was a politician who won simply because people liked him and his wife had connections in political circles. 

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, jippytum said:

Silly poll. Taylor Swift has millions of young girls as her fans. However the 'swifties ' are not old enough to vote so pretty pointless exercise. 

Incorrect, as has been shown many times. They're old enough to vote.

But agree, silly poll.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jippytum said:

Silly poll. Taylor Swift has millions of young girls as her fans. However the 'swifties ' are not old enough to vote so pretty pointless exercise. 

You dismissed the poll as silly based upon your own assumptions. Please refer to the information at the bottom of the graphic;

image.png.442c9d84185319cca460fe43e509e724.png

Based on ........polls of  2,437 VOTERS NATIONWIDE and 1,082 VOTERS  in Pennsylvania............   I trust that you will agree that a voter must be at least 18 years of age. As such, dismissing the participants as not old enough to vote is not a reasonable position.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Drumbuie said:

No experience?

Harris has two degrees, had a successful career as a lawyer and was elected Attorney General of California ( a state with an economy so large it would rank as #9 in the world if it were a separate country) despite not being either white or a man. AG is a position of considerable responsibility and is often  a pathway into politics. 

Trump has managed to lose most of his inherited wealth ( hence his desperate merchandising ) and was the host of a TV show. 

None of which gives her international experience.

Trump WAS the POTUS for 4 years, in case you forgot. 4 years during which the US didn't declare war on any country, in case you forgot.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

None of which gives her international experience.

Trump WAS the POTUS for 4 years, in case you forgot. 4 years during which the US didn't declare war on any country, in case you forgot.

Trump had no experience in 2016, which was a positive in your opinion.  I really can't see any reason for her to run in 2028, but if she were, trump would not be her opponent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd have to know who would be pulling her strings before I'd agree with that. We don't know who has been pulling Biden's strings and look at the disaster that is the US today.

Having said that, she would make presidential events much more worth watching. She might even break into song on occasion.

Lord spare us...

All the Republicans who are insulting and demeaning her would be loving her if she bent down and kissed the ring of their emporer. End of story. All the whining and insults are all about she won't support our guy. Too bad. He is too unlikable and too slimy. 

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

4 years during which the US didn't declare war on any country,

America has not declared war on any country since 1942.
"does she have any political experience  ?
Trump didn't and still doesn't.