Former C.I.A. Officer Sentenced to 30 Years for Sexual Assault and Drugging Women

Social Media

image.png

Brian Jeffrey Raymond, a former C.I.A. officer, has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for drugging, sexually assaulting, and photographing more than two dozen women. His actions, carried out while he served in various international posts, came to light after years of abuse, according to federal prosecutors. 

image.png

Raymond, 48, of La Mesa, California, pleaded guilty in a U.S. District Court in Washington to four of the 25 charges against him. These included sexual abuse, abusive sexual contact, coercion and enticement, and transportation of obscene material. His sentence reflected the maximum punishment prosecutors had requested. "When this predator was a government employee, he lured unsuspecting women to his government-leased housing and drugged them," said U.S. Attorney Matthew M. Graves. "After drugging these women, he stripped, sexually abused, and photographed them."

Prosecutors revealed that the assaults took place between 2006 and 2020 across multiple countries where Raymond had worked. During that time, he drugged and photographed or filmed 25 women while they were nude or partially nude. "Many of the recordings featured Raymond touching and manipulating the victim’s bodies when they were unconscious and incapable of consent," prosecutors added. When Raymond became aware of the investigation, he tried to delete the explicit images and videos.

The most recent of Raymond’s crimes occurred in Mexico City between 2019 and 2020, where he was stationed at the American Embassy. Prosecutors said he raped six women while in Mexico, each assault following a similar pattern. He met his victims through dating apps, communicated in Spanish, and presented himself as a "high-level embassy employee in whom the government had reposed special trust."

The investigation into Raymond began in May 2020 after authorities in Mexico responded to a report of "a naked, hysterical woman desperately screaming for help" from the balcony of his apartment. The FBI and State Department subsequently launched a probe into his actions.

During his sentencing, several of Raymond’s victims shared the traumatic impact of his actions. One woman said, “My body looks like a corpse on his bed,” recalling a photo of herself. "Now I have these nightmares of seeing myself dead." Raymond addressed the court, acknowledging his actions. "It betrayed everything I stand for, and I know no apology will ever be enough. There are no words to describe how sorry I am. That’s not who I am, and yet it’s who I became," he said.

The C.I.A. issued a statement condemning Raymond’s actions, saying, “We take any allegations of sexual assault or sexual harassment extremely seriously and have taken significant steps to ensure we maintain a safe, inclusive, and respectful environment for our workforce. There is absolutely no excuse for Mr. Raymond’s reprehensible, appalling behavior.”

In addition to the 30-year prison sentence, Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly ordered Raymond to be on supervised release for life and to pay $260,000 in restitution to his victims. He will also be required to register as a sex offender.

Credit: NYT 2024-09-21

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

image.png

Something wrong with this mans head. In a position to get all those women willingly. Yet feels he needs to drug them so he can do what he wants. I am curious though if he is CIA why he is an Embassy worker and able to get the trust of all these women? 

5 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

Something wrong with this mans head. In a position to get all those women willingly. Yet feels he needs to drug them so he can do what he wants. I am curious though if he is CIA why he is an Embassy worker and able to get the trust of all these women?

Embassy worker is the usual "cover" for low level intelligence agents. I say "cover" because it hardly fools anyone.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1