Seasoning of Funds

For the Visa extension for RETIREMENT, one of the conditions is to have 800,000 Baht (or a foreign device equal the amount) in a Bank Account.
This amount needs to be seasoned at the bank 3 moths PRIOR to the extension and 2 months AFTER the extension.
If the extension is granted, the account may not drop below 400,000 Baht.
The "exact wording" doesn't change the original question, so refrain of all the posts about that (if possible at all).

My question is: , 
From the moment you do the first 90-days report after the extension to the 3 months prior to the next extension Immigration has no knowledge about the amount at the bank account. So, if the account drops below 400,000 baht, what would be the implications?
The bank book shows every year only the Balans at the day I update the bank book. No detail of any movements in between.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

(or a foreign device equal the amount)

12 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

The bank book shows every year only the Balans at the day I update the bank book. No detail of any movements in between.

Your bank book will show it dropped below 400k surely, and your statement.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

For the Visa extension for RETIREMENT, one of the conditions is to have 800,000 Baht (or a foreign device equal the amount) in a Bank Account.
This amount needs to be seasoned at the bank 3 moths PRIOR to the extension and 2 months AFTER the extension.
If the extension is granted, the account may not drop below 400,000 Baht.
The "exact wording" doesn't change the original question, so refrain of all the posts about that (if possible at all).

My question is: , 
From the moment you do the first 90-days report after the extension to the 3 months prior to the next extension Immigration has no knowledge about the amount at the bank account. So, if the account drops below 400,000 baht, what would be the implications?

Your first 90 day report could be a week after your Extension. The two are NOT connected datewise.

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

As @DrJack54 indicated, for your first application, you only need two months of seasoning before applying.

However, after that, it will be three months before and after.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, timendres said:

As @DrJack54 indicated, for your first application, you only need two months of seasoning before applying.

No it won't. 2 months before and 3 months after always

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, timendres said:

Not sure which immigration has that rule, however it's 800k for 2 months prior to extension and maintained for 3 months after and not below 400k in the other months. 

That is ongoing. Does not change. 

43 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Your first 90 day report could be a week after your Extension. The two are NOT connected datewise.

Unless your using Jomtien. My first 90 day report is due 90 days after the issue of my 12 month extension

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, timendres said:

NO RELATION TO MY QUESTION!!!

I didn't asked for the usual nose pickers.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Unless your using Jomtien. My first 90 day report is due 90 days after the issue of my 12 month extension

It's only for the first extension that sets the clock....

"The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days."

After the first extension 90 day reporting has nothing to do with extensions.

As usual some immigration offices play their own game and  do a TM47 when you apply for extension.

My understanding is Jomitien does not and certainly CW does not. 

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Your bank book will show it dropped below 400k surely, and your statement.

I don't have a bank book.

My bank gives me 3 monthly sheets of my bank balance and a confirmation of the balance (Euro account) at the date of my application for visa extension (UOB).

This has been accepted already more than 10 years.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

That's a very rude reply. 

You stated .....

"This amount needs to be seasoned at the bank 3 moths PRIOR to the extension and 2 months AFTER the extension."

That is clearly incorrect and the poster was helpful in pointing out your error.

As I have done along with others

Was not asked!!!!

The original question was to know what the implications was if the account dropped below 400k and how immigration would know.

I an not interested in the usual nose pickers about the visa details 

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That's a very rude reply. 

You stated .....

"This amount needs to be seasoned at the bank 3 moths PRIOR to the extension and 2 months AFTER the extension."

That is clearly incorrect and the poster was helpful in pointing out your error.

As I have done along with others

3 months prior and 2 months after is required by immigration korat

10 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

My bank gives me 3 monthly sheets of my bank balance and a confirmation of the balance (Euro account) at the date of my application for visa extension (UOB).

And how many of those 3 monthly sheets do you have to show ? Is it more than 2 ?

Edited by brianthainess

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

And how many of those 3 monthly sheets do you have to show ?

1 per month, showing the balance of that month.

I need to apply for my extension in April of each year. Thus I get 3 sheets signed and stamped by the bank:

January, February and March.

I receive each month a sheet showing the balance for the past month.

Edited by Confuscious
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Confuscious said:

1 per month, showing the balance of that month.

I need to apply for my extension in April of each year. Thus I get 3 sheets signed and stamped by the bank:

January, February and March

And that will show your funds dropped below 400k will it not ?

17 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I don't have a bank book.

This has been accepted already more than 10 years.

OP has done it for 10 years already.  Let him continue doing it.  Why ask and disagree with helpful responses?

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

And that will show your funds dropped below 400k will it not ?

Not if the amount gets back to 800k in December.

The month December would be outside the 3 months.

Just now, Confuscious said:

Not if the amount gets back to 800k in December.

The month December would be outside the 3 months.

Jeez what am I missing here but the month November will ! I'm out of here bye.

3 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

OP has done it for 10 years already.  Let him continue doing it.  Why ask and disagree with helpful responses?

Which "helpfull" responses would that be?

The usual nose pickers about the visa in every thread?

Why not stick to the question?

Edited by Confuscious
  • Sad 3