British Man Arrested for Smuggling £1M Cannabis from Thailand

I see someone wrote Probably the dumbest smuggler well he might be British but he's not the dumbest one about 2 months ago another idiot from England showed up with a bag of white powder that was identified as Cocain at passport control here in Thailand,,well that moron won't be seeing any tea and crumpets for a long time 

• Haha 1

His ears were probably clapping when he passed all the processes in the Thai airport. In his mind, he one-upped the Thai authorities and even thinking they are dumb. Little did he know, he's a Darwin awardee the moment he stepped in the airport.🤗🏆 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Nathaniel Benson, a 44-year-old from Leeds, West Yorkshire, was arrested at Heathrow Airport after allegedly attempting to smuggle £1 million (44 million baht) worth of cannabis from Bangkok, Thailand. The arrest occurred on Wednesday, September 18, soon after Benson arrived with his two young children.

Border Force officers discovered 160 packages of cannabis distributed across five suitcases, with one bag reportedly checked under a child’s name.

The National Crime Agency (NCA) weighed the drugs at over 100 kilograms, with an estimated street value of £1 million. Benson was charged with importing Class B drugs following an extensive interrogation by the NCA.

Benson appeared in Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court on Friday, where he was remanded in custody. He is set to reappear at Isleworth Crown Court on October 24. A 41-year-old woman traveling with the family was also arrested but has since been released on bail.

Ian Truby, NCA senior investigating officer, warned, “Working with Border Force, we’re clamping down on drug smuggling. If you’re caught, a prison cell awaits.”

In August, the NCA issued a warning to travelers from cannabis hubs like Thailand, Canada, and the US, highlighting the severe penalties for smuggling drugs into the UK. Cannabis seizures have risen significantly this year, tripling last year's figures.

In a related incident, professional footballer Jay Emmanuel-Thomas was charged with attempting to smuggle £600,000 worth of cannabis through Stansted Airport.

The 33-year-old Greenock Morton striker was arrested by NCA officers in Inverclyde and later dismissed from the Scottish Championship club.

TOP: File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-23

news-footer-3.png

image.png

Another (Brit) low class, brainless, zero IQ, useless idiot. Hang him, at least nick him.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

100kg poorly packaged.

Yeah, amateur.

if it was me I would put it all in condoms and inserted it up my clacker

That is the only way to do it successfully these days with all the screening.

It takes a bit more time but worth it in the end

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Yeah, amateur.

100kg? I think not. Even a few ounces (50g) of weed would bring tears to your eyes, I'm sure. And getting visas for 20 ladyboys...

1 hour ago, moe666 said:
3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Sorry, but the guy is a right nincompoop.

Smuggling drugs and trying to use two young kids as cover?

Hopefully, the 41 year old woman is their mother.

He played football for arsenal

No, he didn't, the one travelling with two children and the 41-year old is named 'Benson'.

1 hour ago, lordgrinz said:

I mean they scan luggage for people smuggling more than 200 cigarettes, correct? Did they honestly believe luggage stuffed to the brim with marijuana would go unnoticed?

You’d be surprised how much do get through . Remember we only hear about the captures . 

Edited by goldenbrwn1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Why would Thai customs do anything, cannabis is legal here.

I think Thai immigration has put up warning signs regarding the export and import of weed from and to Thailand, and that though it might have been decrimmed in Thailand, the same doesn't necessarily apply at your point of origin/destination. You have been warned.

16 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Yeah, amateur.

100kg stuffed up your ass might get a bit tight. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:
4 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Nathaniel Benson, a 44-year-old from Leeds, West Yorkshire, was arrested at Heathrow Airport after allegedly attempting to smuggle £1 million (44 million baht) worth of cannabis from Bangkok, Thailand. The arrest occurred on Wednesday, September 18, soon after Benson arrived with his two young children.

Border Force officers discovered 160 packages of cannabis distributed across five suitcases, with one bag reportedly checked under a child’s name.

The National Crime Agency (NCA) weighed the drugs at over 100 kilograms, with an estimated street value of £1 million. Benson was charged with importing Class B drugs following an extensive interrogation by the NCA.

Benson appeared in Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court on Friday, where he was remanded in custody. He is set to reappear at Isleworth Crown Court on October 24. A 41-year-old woman traveling with the family was also arrested but has since been released on bail.

Ian Truby, NCA senior investigating officer, warned, “Working with Border Force, we’re clamping down on drug smuggling. If you’re caught, a prison cell awaits.”

In August, the NCA issued a warning to travelers from cannabis hubs like Thailand, Canada, and the US, highlighting the severe penalties for smuggling drugs into the UK. Cannabis seizures have risen significantly this year, tripling last year's figures.

In a related incident, professional footballer Jay Emmanuel-Thomas was charged with attempting to smuggle £600,000 worth of cannabis through Stansted Airport.

The 33-year-old Greenock Morton striker was arrested by NCA officers in Inverclyde and later dismissed from the Scottish Championship club.

TOP: File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-23

news-footer-3.png

image.png

Expand  

Another (Brit) low class, brainless, zero IQ, useless idiot. Hang him, at least nick him.

That's not his so he may not be that much of a "low class, brainless, zero IQ, useless idiot"...he may at least  be able to read!

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

Which begs the question of how did he finance it?

He's obviously not the sharpest tool in the box, smuggling through major airports, with Cannabis having an unmistakable odor.

Gofundme?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

a 44-year-old from Leeds, West Yorkshire,

He has been remanded in custody for a month until a suitable translator can be found after customs could not understand what he was saying in his native t'Yorkshire accent. 😁

"Sir, we have found 100 kgs of illegal substances in four of your suitcases including those of your children".

"Eyup, nay, thems wernt mine, must av been put theeir bah tuther lad, no me, nay not me, thas daft sayin that".