TRAMADOL

Badrabbit

6 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

How did you do it?

You didn't read my post? Just cut out the statement where I got rid of the inflammation? 

20 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I struggled with chronic pain for years, and it was stress related inflammation. At once I got rid of inflammation, I got rid of the chronic pain. And funny it was a huge enviroment change moving to that relived all my struggles. Thailand with its  climate and beaches  got me symptoms free. 

Swimming, walking the beach every morning, massage and also a new positive relation with healthy food. 

4 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

I've had many Ct scans all with contrast, no have not had my appendix out.

I can not afford to keep going to Hospital for expensive tests especially when each time they say " we can't find anything,  stay in hospital for tests" yea right I wish I had bottomless pockets.

Shuttling between clinics is not going to get good answers either, unless you get lucky.

You might start looking for an internist, a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of adult diseases.

A natural painkiller is kratom, legal in Thailand. Like opioids, it is addictive. You may be able to alternate between it and tramadol.

2 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

It was just stress? Walking on the beach and healthy food? That was it?

I had L4 and L5 problems and still have, but for the last 8 years symptomfree. 

Small chronic issues that combined with inflammation gives great pain

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I struggled with chronic pain for years, and it was stress related inflammation. At once I got rid of inflammation, I got rid of the chronic pain. And funny it was a huge enviroment change moving to that relived all my struggles. Thailand with its  climate and beaches  got me symptoms free. 

Swimming, walking the beach every morning, massage and also a new positive relation with healthy food. 

Inflammation can be really bad, and also seem to be one of the key drivers for aging

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Shuttling between clinics is not going to get good answers either, unless you get lucky.

You might start looking for an internist, a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of adult diseases.

A natural painkiller is kratom, legal in Thailand. Like opioids, it is addictive. You may be able to alternate between it and tramadol.

Possibly a useful idea for pain management.

1 hour ago, Badrabbit said:

I've read in the last few days that Tramadol is considered a dangerous medication, I've been taking Tramadol for the last approx 3 years, I only take 1 50mg tablet for pain, recently it's been 1 tablet every 6 hours, if I don't take it the pain becomes unbearable so Tramafol has been a life saver for me.

I've been to every hospital on Phuket,had many many tests including CT scans, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, X Ray's, blood tests, EKG's you name I've had it, Doctor says "we can't find anything wrong, it must be sensitive nerves".

My GF is constantly worried about me taking Tramadol, what would be the best alternative for me to take instead of Tramadol?

Right dont shoot the messenger

You've got (I'd say 95%)  Fibromyalgia something that I've had for 22 years (or diagnosed at that point) and almost certainly for years previous

I too had every test going around 2002 and finally when everything else was ruled out I was labelled with FM (sensitive nerves was mentioned)....once you've got it you've got it for life....Dr explained it was akin to faulty gene that everyone has but something normally "sets it off"

I take Tramadol 1 in the morning 100mg (Modified release) and 1 50mg at night (normal capsule)

FM disappeared as regards pain literally overnight and I only get reminded of it should I forget to take the morning dose

The warmth of Thailand will make you feel better that I find

I drink normally in Thailand before anyone asks

Edited by Chivas

48 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Tramadol is an INSIDIOUS drug.

Tramadol, due to its dual action, seems to be able to cause problems of addiction and dependency, far worse than just a traditional opioid.

In other words, Tramadol might add on the complications similar to a benzodiazepine addiction.

Let's keep in mind, for example, what happened to that prof from Canada, Peterson.

It might be OK to take Tramadol for up to a week, post op, for example.

However, this is a drug which is not OK for daily use, unless one might be in an end-of-life disease situation.

IMHO....only....

Fortunately bearing in mind my previous post it is only "IMHO"

34 minutes ago, Wanderer555 said:

While it is always best to try to resolve any medical issues, not all medical problems cannot be resolved and only managed, including chronic pain. 

For those with incurable diseases or injuries that result in serious chronic pain, medications such as Tramadol can be life-changers and allow the patient to have a higher quality of life. 

My experience not everybody can or are willing to resolve their problems. 

Nr one problem, they can not make lifestyle and lifechanging changes, because of work and family, and most is not willing to give up their bad habits, and put in the hard work it takes, but as you point out and others, you get quite desperate while looking, and gets blind during your search to find a good solution. 

Im allergic and react to tramadol, so for me it was not an option, even they tried to put me on a heavy coctail to get the tension in my body down. Stresslated and chronic pain is a dead end, if you can not adjust unfortunate, and lower your life quality dramatic. 

anyway, all I can do is sharing my experience. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badrabbit said:

I couldent tell you, I stopped drinking Alcohol when I started getting this pain, I don't smoke, I'm fine continuing with the Tramadol but if it gets regulated then it might become unavailable.

If it's working 100%, I'd stock a little extra just in case and file that under "stuff I'll worry about when it happens"

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I had L4 and L5 problems and still have, but for the last 8 years symptomfree. 

Small chronic issues that combined with inflammation gives great pain

What treatment did you have for L4 and L5 problems? I have similar problems. How did you

become symptom free? Thanks.

Tramadol is worst pain reliever I've ever taken.  Have a script, and lifted something I shouldn't have last week.  Strained tendon or ligament in shoulder, and tramadol didn't give any relief at all.

Diazepam or beer & doobie, or all 3 :cheesy: would have worked much better :coffee1:

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Tramadol is worst pain reliever I've ever taken.  Have a script, and lifted something I shouldn't have last week.  Strained tendon or ligament in shoulder, and tramadol didn't give any relief at all.

Diazepam or beer & doobie, or all 3 :cheesy: would have worked much better :coffee1:

Sorry to hear that, it's the best pain killer for me, not tried anything else though.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, looplaw said:

What treatment did you have for L4 and L5 problems? I have similar problems. How did you

By time, and adopt to the situation. Prolapse dries out by time, and if you do some exercises and stretches after you dealed with inflammation which often is the biggest problems for minor damages to your spine.

As said, environment change, lifestyle, diet, exercises. 

I had alot of stress and tension in my life back then, with a broken marriage, a couple of businesses  I sold, and got rid of every responsibility that created negative stress in my life.

Started walking the beach, massage, swimming, and from there to now lifting as much as I did at 28 years old. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, looplaw said:

Decent physio to begin with, then keep concentrating on your core a few times a week.

2 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

I've read in the last few days that Tramadol is considered a dangerous medication, I've been taking Tramadol for the last approx 3 years, I only take 1 50mg tablet for pain, recently it's been 1 tablet every 6 hours, if I don't take it the pain becomes unbearable so Tramafol has been a life saver for me.

I've been to every hospital on Phuket,had many many tests including CT scans, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, X Ray's, blood tests, EKG's you name I've had it, Doctor says "we can't find anything wrong, it must be sensitive nerves".

My GF is constantly worried about me taking Tramadol, what would be the best alternative for me to take instead of Tramadol?

200mg per day, everyday is a lot. You’ve quite possibly already developed a physical dependency for that drug. This means, whenever you do try to come off it, it could be difficult and lead to even worse physical withdrawal symptoms.

Also, with any opioid, even a synthetic opioid like tramadol, its effectivity is reduced over time, which then requires the user to increase the dosage in order to get the same effect. What this means is that, if you’ve been taking the same dose for three years, and you feel that it’s still having the same effect as before, then it’s possibly placebo at this point. 

Thus, there is a good chance you are suffering from something known as Tension Myoneural Syndrome (TMS). Read a book by Dr. John Sarno called “Healing Back Pain”. It could be a life changing experience for you. 

See more here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tension_myositis_syndrome

27 minutes ago, Hummin said:

By time, and adopt to the situation. Prolapse dries out by time, and if you do some exercises and stretches after you dealed with inflammation which often is the biggest problems for minor damages to your spine.

As said, environment change, lifestyle, diet, exercises. 

I had alot of stress and tension in my life back then, with a broken marriage, a couple of businesses  I sold, and got rid of every responsibility that created negative stress in my life.

Started walking the beach, massage, swimming, and from there to now lifting as much as I did at 28 years old. 

@looplaw Agree with everything @Hummin has stated, especially the lifestyle (retirement), stress free part, as once here & retired, my back issues diminished to almost non existent, unless I did something stupid to aggravate it.

T12-L1 & L4 & 5 issues, actually herniated and had surgery, only to aggravated it again enough for them to suggest surgery again.   No thanks, once was enough, and instead of treating the symptoms, let's treat the cause ... I retired.  24 years later, and no major issues 👍  Without the suggested surgery, that they thought was mandatory to have.

For maintenance, when I'm motivated, the obvious, keep the weight off, but exercise is key, keep back & stomach muscles toned.   Back is stretching, basically push-ups with knees on the ground, and raise chest as high as possible with groined pushed down as far as possible.  Concave back as much as possible, then convex on the return, sitting back on you knees, chest as low as possible.  A little boom booming the floor.  Do about 3 sets of 10 of those.

For stomach, stomach crunches (NOT sit-ups as worst thing you can do).  Simply lay flat on back, cross you arm on chest, raise legs & chest, hold as long as possible.   Do till you tire or it hurts .... :cheesy:

Feel free to add some twist at the waist exercises, but with extreme care, as too much and you will aggravate your disc.

Muscles build best when tired, so do any aerobics before floor exercises.  I preferred low impact stationary bike, 20 mins mixed hard riding / cruising.  Work up a good sweat.  No need to kill yourself.   If overweight, do this 1st thing in morning and the metabolism boost will stay with you most of the day.

Then don't be stupid, pay people for the heavy lifting in the future.  Oh year ....

.... RETIRE ASAP

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, sungod said:

Decent physio to begin with, then keep concentrating on your core a few times a week.

Every strenght exercises even swimming and rowing machine is core exercises. Crunches and specific core exercises is not necessary. The most important is good form and posture when exercising. 

The most important is to deal with inflammation and make sure that is gone first with light exercises and movements.

Diet also important and maybe supplements like this can help to. But I did not use that while I healed, I ate alot of spices food though, especially curry.

20240924_152757.thumb.jpg.3afc332653452bbc720f77741e788619.jpg

Edited by Hummin

2 hours ago, Wanderer555 said:

While it is always best to try to resolve any medical issues, not all medical problems cannot be resolved and only managed, including chronic pain. 

For those with incurable diseases or injuries that result in serious chronic pain, medications such as Tramadol can be life-changers and allow the patient to have a higher quality of life. 

Spot on !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

It would also be worth watching this documentary with Dr. Sarno, which was shot shortly before he died:

Also, play the video below and watch from 11:20 onward for the next 5 minutes that follow:

Edited by RSD1

11 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

Also, with any opioid, even a synthetic opioid like tramadol, its effectivity is reduced over time, which then requires the user to increase the dosage in order to get the same effect. What this means is that, if you’ve been taking the same dose for three years, and you feel that it’s still having the same effect as before, then it’s possibly placebo at this point. 

Isn't google a wonderful thing

Completely wrong as regards increasing dose

22 years ago I was on 200mg a day (100 morning 100 evening)......4 years ago we tried to reduce the evening dose to 50mg and it was successful with no obvious side effect

We then tried removing (the remaining 50mg) at night relying on just  the 100mg modified release in mornings only

Every symptom of 22 years previous started returning. We changed it back to the  50mg at night and all good again

In short 200mg of 22 years ago is now only 150mg where it will remain doubtless to I drop off my mortal coil

• Sad 1

^^

I have absolutely no idea why anyone would be sad about my above post 😁.....Tramadol for me an absoliute life saver

Doubtless he'll now return with the regular confused emoji instead 😁

3 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Ultracet? 37.5 mg tramadol 500 mg paracetamol. Tramadol is a wonderful drug, what is she worried about?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Ultracet? 37.5 mg tramadol 500 mg paracetamol. Tramadol is a wonderful drug, what is she worried about?

Tramadol has unfortunately suffered fron another of the internet myths spawned this last 25 years to instead become now an internet fact that its dangerous

Always should be taken under supervision nonetheless