Thai Airways rolls out discounts for students, seniors, and monks

Screenshot-2024-09-25-134817.png

Thai Airways (THAI) is rolling out jaw-dropping discounts for select travellers, making it the perfect time to pack your bags and fly for less. The national carrier just announced special fares for students, senior citizens, and religious travellers, with massive savings on both domestic and international flights. But hurry, the sale ends on September 30.

Students under 25 can now jet off to top international destinations like London, Tokyo, Paris, and more, with unbeatable discounts on economy and business class tickets. A valid university or student card is all you need to score these deals. Whether it’s a gap year adventure or an academic escape, this offer lets you travel in style without breaking the bank.

On the domestic front, students aged 18 to 24 can also grab cut-price tickets to popular spots like Chiang Mai, Phuket, and Hat Yai. It’s a golden opportunity to explore Thailand on a budget.

Thai citizens aged 60 and above aren’t left out. With this exclusive deal, seniors can fly anywhere within Thailand at discounted rates. It’s never been easier for older travellers to visit family, see the sights, or relax on a tropical beach—all while enjoying huge savings on economy flights.

Monks, maechees, priests, and other religious leaders can now travel both domestically and internationally at a special fare. With flexible class options, from economy to first class, and no travel date restrictions, this deal is a blessing in disguise for spiritual travellers, reported Travel and Leisure Asia.

By Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of Thai Airways X via Travel and Leisure Asia

Source: The Thaiger

-- 2024-09-25

news-footer-3.png

image.png

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Monks, maechees, priests, and other religious leaders can now travel both domestically and internationally at a special fare. With flexible class options, from economy to first class, and no travel date restrictions, this deal is a blessing in disguise for spiritual travellers, reported Travel and Leisure Asia.

Great these monks have money to travel init, with first class options to-boot, guess they will use their nice new smart phones too, to get the ETA code. 

• Like 1

Let me guess...  Is the discount against some ridiculous list price that nobody except gub'ment officials on a boondoggle would ever pay?  Like you could go onto Agoda and get an even bigger discount no matter who you are?

Like the shopping malls that offer an 80% "discount" against a price that they jacked up by a factor of 5 yesterday. 

Or, my favorite sign:   Up to 80% off.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I was just in Poland for a month (I'm US citizen), in which time I was denied a senior discount in museums, on trains, etc. only once or twice out of dozens of entries and rides of many kinds. Thailand and Thai Air need to catch up with the world.