Thailand digital wallet handout falls short: Woman gets only 4,000

17 hours ago, it is what it is said:

yea, isn't that a good thing? removing a potentially costly debt?

The bank did not take interest on the loan? Taking 6000 sounds like no interest is taken so maybe the father should be grateful. Just saying...

19 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

Why are they surpised?  If you have a debt at the bank of course they will first take care of the shortcoming and if something is left you will get the remaining part. that is how it works.  Instead of being happy she now has less debt complaining about the missing 6000 baht?  Bizar and weird.

She's withdrawing cash from her father's account therefore she must have his ATM card and know his PIN. ........"Paw ka, it only gave me four thousand"......😋

20 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Yes, but it wasn't her father's debt. It was debt of his son, her brother. So they should not have deducted from the father unless he was guarantor for her brother, which from his financial situation he was probably not.

It was: " to cover an existing debt her father owed on behalf of her brother"

13 hours ago, Gobbler said:

All of you are wrong. 

Full stop. 

This 10,000 baht scheme is paid out in credits, not Baht. You get 10,000b in credit which you can only spend in certain places. 

NO ONE gets cash they can withdraw.  She took out 4000b of her own money. 

All transactions are done through the app, which is a backdoor for Thailand to become a cashless society. 

Thank the WEF and the muckety mucks who have attached themselves to the entrails of Klaus Schwab.

You are wrong, the first 14 million people get it in cash this year, the others next year through the App.

Just now, FritsSikkink said:

Read the news from the last couple of months.

No. You asserted it to be accurate! Prove your assertion.  It's not up to me to prove your nonsense to be true. Grow up.

2 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

No. You asserted it to be accurate! Prove your assertion.  It's not up to me to prove your nonsense to be true. Grow up.

Thai PBS World   "The prime minister and her cabinet presided over a ceremony at the Government House today, to trigger the long-awaited first payments of the 10,000 baht cash benefit under the scheme. The first group of 14.5 million disabled people and state welfare card holders will receive the money via transfer to their bank accounts from today until the end of this month."

Can you stop spreading BS now.

• Like 1

The prime minister and her cabinet presided over a ceremony at the Government House today, to trigger the long-awaited first payments of the 10,000 baht cash benefit under the scheme. The first group of 14.5 million disabled people and state welfare card holders will receive the money via transfer to their bank accounts from today until the end of this month.

Now I believe it. The media has not given this much attention in the past months. 

33 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Thai PBS World   "The prime minister and her cabinet presided over a ceremony at the Government House today, to trigger the long-awaited first payments of the 10,000 baht cash benefit under the scheme. The first group of 14.5 million disabled people and state welfare card holders will receive the money via transfer to their bank accounts from today until the end of this month."

Can you stop spreading BS now.

I spread nothing. I asked a question. 

GetYou can gyour facts straight. Now prove the spread of disinformation. Go ahead, I dare you. 

48 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

I spread nothing. I asked a question. 

GetYou can gyour facts straight. Now prove the spread of disinformation. Go ahead, I dare you. 

Read your own post, you said there weren't cash payments which in not true.

46 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Read your own post, you said there weren't cash payments which in not true.

The scheme is to be rolled out for ALL Thais, which is true. I have never heard about giving cash to seniors or infirm.  

You 're mistaken  The media has paid little attention to seniors. 

They are not going to give everyone cash.  It will be a digital credit.