Thai Baht is ruining my retirement

Jerry777

On 9/27/2024 at 10:08 PM, GinBoy2 said:

Well you live overseas away from your home country income source and you live with it.

Not a lot you can do but tighten your belt when things get tough, then splurge when things get good

Sure the baht per $ is down in part because of drop in US interest rate. But because of the drop in US interest rate I can live with this:

image.png.eab3af4ef34da0372926001a0eb8d783.png

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

When you do your forecasts and budgeting, calculate at different exchange rates to see whether you can afford to live here

It is possible that, depending  how owns finances are structured stateside, to be net ahead with $ dropping against the baht and the S&P at records highs.

1 minute ago, jerrymahoney said:

It is possible that, depending  how owns finances are structured stateside, to be net ahead with $ dropping against the baht and the S&P at records highs.

Not only possible, it's entirely probable. 

• Agree 1

On 9/26/2024 at 8:55 PM, Jerry777 said:

How can I plan a dam thing when the currency here is completely out of control?

By obviously planning retirement better.  You didn't really think the THB was going to stay in the 36-37-38 range or go higher ... did you ?  :cheesy:

Better Research = Better Retirement

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

By obviously planning retirement better.  You didn't really think the THB was going to stay in the 36-37-38 range or go higher ... did you ?  :cheesy:

Better Research = Better Retirement

Plan for a better retirement... why didn't they think about that? 

Unfortunately for a lot of people their retirement funds are more or less thrust upon them 

Edited by Mike Teavee