PM Appoints Pol. Gen. Kittirat as Acting Chief of Police Effective 1 October 2024

image.jpeg

In an urgent development, the Prime Minister has signed an appointment order assigning Pol. Gen. Kittirat Phanphet as the new acting Chief of Police. The decision comes as the current Commissioner-General, Pol. Gen. Torsak Sukwimol, is set to retire on 1 October 2024.

The announcement was made on 27 September 2024 by Pol. Lt. Gen. Yingyos Thepjamnong, Commander-in-Chief of the Central Investigation Bureau. The memorandum was sent to key officials within the Royal Thai Police hierarchy, including the Deputy Commissioner-General, Provincial Police Region 7, and other equivalent positions.

Pol. Gen. Kittirat will assume his duties as acting Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police effective from 1 October 2024, stepping in to maintain stability and continuity in the leadership of the police force. This appointment is part of the Prime Minister's Office Order No. 335/2560, dated 26 September 2024, reported Siam Rath.

This swift and decisive move ensures that there will be no disruption in the Royal Thai Police's top leadership, enabling the organization to continue its critical work seamlessly.

Picture courtesy: Siam Rath

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-28

news-footer-3.png

image.png

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I wonder if Surachate Hakparn (Big Joke) supports this appointment - unlikely I would say.

Anyone know what he is up to these days??  No news for a while now.

They were in direct competition for the top job. I boldly predict big joke won’t be making a comeback this time round 

2 minutes ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

They were in direct competition for the top job. I boldly predict big joke won’t be making a comeback this time round 

I agree. But in a few years I reckon he will be back. He was previously 'demoted' before and then made his comeback. I think he will do it again in a few years. 

1 hour ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

Can the police chief be appointed without Royal Endorsement?

I believe he was appointed by the National Police Commission whose Chairman is the Prime Minister.

The NPC is not a PM Cabinet position that requires Royal endorsement. But PM position does.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol. Gen. Kittirat will assume his duties as acting Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police effective from 1 October 2024, stepping in to maintain stability and continuity in the leadership of the police force.

So no improvements then?

• Agree 1