Renewing retirement visa obtained inside Thailand?

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Renewing your retirement visa?

What are you referring to.

Thinking obtain a 12 month extension to current permission of stay permit.

Applying for extension can be made up till date of expiry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm on extension on retirement visa oa yes, so I guessed I could do it the last week. Good to have a few extra days, just in case they have som new requirements that will make me have to return another day.

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

And what if someone applies for an extension, thinking that 2 weeks would be enough, but then Immigration builds up obstacles that makes it impossible to go through a process within the time left?

18 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I'm on extension on retirement visa oa yes, so I guessed I could do it the last week.

No problem.

Just don't leave it till last day and you are missing something that the io wants. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

And what if someone applies for an extension, thinking that 2 weeks would be enough, but then Immigration builds up obstacles that makes it impossible to go through a process within the time left?

Most likely the issue would not be with immigration.

More likely poor preparation.

I advised the OP to not go last day.

Last week or two is a good plan.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Immaterial; op asked what is the last day and the last day is the last day as Jack says. If people are worried about requirements, go to the immigration site/LINE account for their immigration or phone them up. But, yes, avoid leaving it till the last day. 🙄

2 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

What obstacles are these. I have never encountered them.

2 weeks is more then enough time.

First extension they did not require the pictures of us outside the house with house number, kitchen, and dining room, second year they wanted it again, and last year they wanted two originals of my embassy letter, but it was a new oa, not extension because I did come back in time for the renewal. So always something. 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I'm on extension on retirement visa oa yes, so I guessed I could do it the last week. Good to have a few extra days, just in case they have som new requirements that will make me have to return another day.

Are you sure you're on an OA Visa only thread title says "Retirement Visa Obtained Inside Thailand" and you can't get an OA Visa inside Thailand. 

Doesn't matter for your question (Can extend up to last day of expiry to current permission to stay date & usually 45 days before that though an agent can help you get it 3 months in advance) but will matter to your requirements when extending in that you'll need to add Health Insurance on top of the normal Non-IMM O requirements.  

20 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Are you sure you're on an OA Visa only thread title says "Retirement Visa Obtained Inside Thailand" and you can't get an OA Visa inside Thailand. 

Doesn't matter for your question (Can extend up to last day of expiry to current permission to stay date & usually 45 days before that though an agent can help you get it 3 months in advance) but will matter to your requirements when extending in that you'll need to add Health Insurance on top of the normal Non-IMM O requirements.  

I'm on Non O, since I obtained it via visa exemption I guess? 

Sorry for my ignorance, but my wife fix everything, I just sign the papers 🧐

She was going to call on Monday, but I found good priced tickets this morning. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Renewing your retirement visa?

When is the latest you can apply?  Found tickets I want to buy now. I'm not on a 90 day report, so no consequences there. 

Bualang Thanakin open end fund the same as a bank account just can only put a minimum deposit of 5000 can withdrawal when ever you want. A lot better than having it in a savings account

17274836598901206793871110211137.jpg

• Confused 2

59 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Most likely the issue would not be with immigration.

More likely poor preparation.

I advised the OP to not go last day.

Last week or two is a good plan.

Not worth explaining.

The blame is already in the mind of people

Edited by Andre0720
Useless post
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, arick said:

Bualang Thanakin open end fund the same as a bank account just can only put a minimum deposit of 5000 can withdrawal when ever you want. A lot better than having it in a savings account

17274836598901206793871110211137.jpg

Thank you, I get income letter from my embassy. 

34 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

I went to see my Visa Agent, explained that I would be going home for 3 months, and asked what I should do about transferring my regular 70,000 bahts monthly, which by the way I have been doing for 5 years, during the pandemic.

Don't even understand need for agent or email to immigration you went on about.

You were taking a 3 month trip out of Thailand. That's all.

Continue your monthly transfers using eg WISE with internet banking.

Seems even with an agent you have not prepared correctly.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

I did prepare for some 6 months.

I went to see my Visa Agent, explained that I would be going home for 3 months, and asked what I should do about transferring my regular 70,000 bahts monthly, which by the way I have been doing for 5 years, during the pandemic.

After some 10 days of waiting for a reply from Immigration, I asked again for the Agent to get a reply from Immigration.

Particularly sine I would be coming back with a re-entry permit, allowing me about 17 days to obtain my retirement extension, after re-entry. Which she did. The reply was: 'Oh mai bpen rai', only 2 or months without transfers. Then the Agent said that an Embassy letter might be required. Which is no longer a mai bpen rai.

So I ended up not transferring for 2 months, and obtained a bank letter from my country, certifying my income, and with a sworn statement from the municipal government. Along with Pension income certification from my pension authority, copies of bank deposits for 3 months in my country.

Prepared all the documents with he help of the Agent, who sent the request to Immigration.

The reply was: 'Need an Embassy letter, to prove my income.

All of that while immigration have on file 5 years of monthly income transfers from my country.

But ok then, so I send an e-mail to my country embassy in Bangkok, which went without reply for 10 days.

So the Agent then chose another route to try to obtain the extension of my retirement visa, which was to use another immigration office in Thailand.

Then I forwarded my initial e-mail to the Embassy, asking why I never got a reply to my first e-mail.

This time I got a reply, asking for more and more papers, that had to be notarized in Thailand. Which would take a few more days. And the reply from the Embassy, indicated that there was a delay of one to two weeks for processing.

The Agent then said that the US embassy does not provide such a letter, and said that for Switzerland, if I recall correctly, it can be done in a few days, obtaining that letter.

So I asked what will happen since it got impossible to go through the process in the remaining time.

Well, the use of another immigration office, at a higher price, became the only option, and option available only through an 'Agent'.

But I did try. But facing an immigration procedure that is based on 'papers' and more 'papers', rather than on ascertaining beyond a reasonable doubt that a person has enough funds or not to be welcomed in Thailand.

So the immigration procedure leaves no room for any type of 'decision making', just enough room to file more and more papers in Immigration storage.

You screwed up with not making the transfers for 2 months. It has nothing to do with Imm. You visa agent should have known the answer and given it to you with first call to her. Bet she got paid anyway but blames Imm

• Thumbs Up 2

38 minutes ago, Dan O said:

You screwed up with not making the transfers for 2 months. It has nothing to do with Imm. You visa agent should have known the answer and given it to you with first call to her. Bet she got paid anyway but blames Imm

I was following the advice given by an 'Immigration officer', sir...

Please read before commenting please....

21 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

No, he's right - you screwed up.

Why were you using a visa agent if you were making monthly? I was advised that the agent could only arrange retirement extensions based on money in the bank NOT using the income method.

12 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Why were you using a visa agent if you were making monthly?

Agents offer two different options.

a) cover the financial requirements 

b) just organization (hand holding) 

If it's a) then method would be money in bank method 

If it's b) then can be either money bank or income tax 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

First extension they did not require the pictures of us outside the house with house number, kitchen, and dining room, second year they wanted it again, and last year they wanted two originals of my embassy letter, but it was a new oa, not extension because I did come back in time for the renewal. So always something. 

That sounds like a Marriage extension not a retirement.  

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Agents offer two different options.

a) cover the financial requirements 

b) just organization (hand holding) 

If it's a) then method would be money in bank method 

If it's b) then can be either money bank or income tax 

False.

A and B above I have, certified.

But the only paper immigration would accept, is an Embassy letter.

Embassy letter that some countries do not provide, just to add to the complexity.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

100% sure it is retirement, we have not registered our marriage in Thailand 

The only IO I have heard of that requires photos for a retirement visa is Trat, and you said 'US' outside the house, why does your wife need to be in the photo

if it's for retirement ? that is strange.

1 hour ago, Andre0720 said:

No you were following what the agent told you, which was wrong.  Any competent agent would have told you don't miss the 2 deposits. The issue about the letter from your embassy is correct,  if you country still issues them, but most don't. All that other paperwork was just a waste of time as its not what they call for. You shouldn't have missed the 2 deposits.  You should at least know the regs so you can do the correct thing in the future. Hope you didn't pay the agent extra fees as it sounds like she scammed you

Edited by Dan O
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

The only IO I have heard of that requires photos for a retirement visa is Trat, and you said 'US' outside the house, why does your wife need to be in the photo

if it's for retirement ? that is strange.

Sometimes you just get the feeling, they just F with you on purpose. As they did when they required two originals of my embassy letter, which my embassy never had experienced before. But they where nice to me, and just produced a new one, and sent it asap express with no extra cost. 

Im pretty sure pictures was on the list for retirement gained in Thailand since I used my yellow housebook as confirmation/proof of adress. 

Roundtrip Emigration 186km 

Roundtrip Bangkok 700km 

Edited by Hummin

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Sometimes you just get the feeling, they just F with you on purpose. As they did when they required two originals of my embassy letter, which my embassy never had experienced before. But they where nice to me, and just produced a new one, and sent it asap express with no extra cost. 

Im pretty sure pictures was on the list for retirement gained in Thailand since I used my yellow housebook as confirmation/proof of adress. 

Roundtrip Emigration 186km 

Roundtrip Bangkok 700km 

What Immigration office was this ?

12 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

False.

A and B above I have, certified.

But the only paper immigration would accept, is an Embassy letter.

Embassy letter that some countries do not provide, just to add to the complexity.

You are not understanding various replies.

UK, USA, AU embassies do not provide "income letters" 

If using income method then immigration will want to see 12 monthly transfers of 65k for retirement OR 40k for marriage.

You mentioned going home for 3 months .....just continue with the the transfers. 

You did not prepare properly, even with agent 😔