I Voted Today

Yagoda

3 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I watched quite a lot of that speech.It was a bizarre rambling stream of semi consciousness, at his most lucid moments it was simple abuse!

There weren't many people there either - apparently the Secret Service had put a cap on the attendance because they were otherwise committed protecting the President of Iran! Still s he told us, the crowds outside were massive, bigglier than those which greeted Charles Lindbergh when he returned to the US after his epic flight!

He has lost it big time.......imagine if he wins!!!!.....what state will he be in in four years.....and what havoc will he have wreaked with his new found immunity, courtesy of a loaded SCOTUS.

• Like 2

Review of poll of polls......US election.....

As of late September 2024, polls show that Harris holds a significant lead, with 50% of support compared to Trump’s 45.8%. 

Looks like these Trumpettes........ panicking to send in their votes........ are wasting their time.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2024 at 7:31 PM, Yagoda said:

I voted today, via electronic absentee ballot, for the next President of the USA, Donald J. Trump. I am registered in a battleground state and would love to see Trump win my State by one vote.

Americans, dont forget to vote!

Done and dusted. Downloaded and printed out the ballot, verification statement and envelopes (internal "Security envelope for the ballot to be sealed in), and then the outer mail envelope, signed across the back. As my state does not allow electronic voting, my ballot was placed in the vote box at the door of the US Consulate here in Chiang Mai. the ballots will be placed in the "Diplomatic Pouch" for direct delivery to the USA. From the USA port of entry, the "Franked" (no postage needed) ballots will move through the US Postal System for delivery to the local voting district. I will be informed by email when my Absentee mailed in ballot is received. Absolutely vote, our participatory democracy is facing a clear and present danger by Trump and his Project 2025 ilk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Wrwest said:

Done and dusted. Downloaded and printed out the ballot, verification statement and envelopes (internal "Security envelope for the ballot to be sealed in), and then the outer mail envelope, signed across the back. As my state does not allow electronic voting, my ballot was placed in the vote box at the door of the US Consulate here in Chiang Mai. the ballots will be placed in the "Diplomatic Pouch" for direct delivery to the USA. From the USA port of entry, the "Franked" (no postage needed) ballots will move through the US Postal System for delivery to the local voting district. I will be informed by email when my Absentee mailed in ballot is received. Absolutely vote, our participatory democracy is facing a clear and present danger by Trump and his Project 2025 ilk.

Glad I read that right through to the last line......you had me worried for a moment.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Wrwest said:

In time too. 20 days for the pouch to get to the USA.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Are you voting from overseas?

If Trump looses the election you will be blamed.

Overseas voters are the latest target in Trump's false narrative on election fraud.

Donald Trump this week falsely accused Democrats of cheating their way to a win in November, using a bipartisan 1986 act to claim without evidence that anyone overseas can get a ballot emailed to them, even if they’re not eligible to vote.

By Melissa Goldin, Associated Press

September 26, 2024

Even if Trump wins the big lie will continue

MAGA would say he did not win by enough, and the systematic voter suppression efforts will continue.

Let’s support every voters right to participate, R or D, by mail, electronic or in person without false narratives of “election frauds”

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Captain Monday said:

Even if Trump wins the big lie will continue

MAGA would say he did not win by enough, and the systematic voter suppression efforts will continue.

Let’s support every voters right to participate, R or D, by mail, electronic or in person without false narratives of “election frauds”

Agreed. Lets stop having the press and DOJ and intelligence agencies also stop their efforts to influence elections too. Lets make ID necessary to vote too.

2 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Agreed. Lets stop having the press and DOJ and intelligence agencies also stop their efforts to influence elections too. Lets make ID necessary to vote too.

....and fake electors don't forget...oh and mobs at the Capitol.

15 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

....and fake electors don't forget...oh and mobs at the Capitol.

Cant control the honest rage of the people, right? Otherwise the National Guard would have been shooting in Minnesota. Riots and election lawfare are only OK when Dems do it obviously

• Sad 1

Just now, Yagoda said:

Cant control the honest rage of the people, right?

Cant (sic) control the (honest?) rage of the people, right?

No, but irresponsible people in positions of power can do an awful lot to invoke rage and then stoke it.......right?

24 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Agreed. Let’s stop having the press and DOJ and intelligence agencies also stop their efforts to influence elections too. Let’s make ID necessary to vote too.

You have been gaslighted and propagandized to believe in things that are false and problems that do not exist. The hallmark of the deplorable. I’d prefer to limit my exposure to such nonsense to what I must endure from FOX and   Newsmax in the public space 
Welcome to the ignore list 

BTW, I have shown photo  ID every time I have voted in the US in my life. Another trope. 

• Agree 1

On 9/28/2024 at 9:12 PM, KhunLA said:

Voted in 1 presidential election out of 12 available.  I won't be voting in this one either.  President is appointed by electors of the Electoral College (EC).  He/she is not elected by popular vote.

You don't even vote for the electors of the EC.   Electoral College is the group of presidential electors that is formed every four years during the presidential election for the sole purpose of voting for the president and vice president.  Each state appoints the electors.

With that ... what's the point of voting for the President.   I have better things to do, than waste my time, going through the motions, doing something, that affects, absolutely nothing.

4 times the EC appointed the unpopular candidate ...

D Trump (2016)

G Bush (2000)

B Harrison (1888)

R Hayes (1876)

I didn't vote in the 1888 or 1876 elections either, thank the gods

On 9/28/2024 at 9:12 PM, KhunLA said:

Voted in 1 presidential election out of 12 available.  I won't be voting in this one either.  President is appointed by electors of the Electoral College (EC).  He/she is not elected by popular vote.

You don't even vote for the electors of the EC.   Electoral College is the group of presidential electors that is formed every four years during the presidential election for the sole purpose of voting for the president and vice president.  Each state appoints the electors.

With that ... what's the point of voting for the President.   I have better things to do, than waste my time, going through the motions, doing something, that affects, absolutely nothing.

4 times the EC appointed the unpopular candidate ...

D Trump (2016)

G Bush (2000)

B Harrison (1888)

R Hayes (1876)

You apparently don't understand how the voting process works as your statement is inaccurate. The EC of your state cast their vote for the winner of the popular vote of your state so you voting indirectly for the President and VP. Your statement implies the EC just picks whoever they want to win which isn't correct. Here's some reading  material for you.

https://www.lwv.org/blog/one-person-one-vote-how-does-electoral-college-work

On 9/28/2024 at 10:56 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

You mean: Americans should not forget to not vote for Harris, is what you should have said.

That word-salad woman gives me the creeps.

If anyone knows about word salad it would be you

1 minute ago, Dan O said:

You apparently don't understand how the voting process works as your statement is inaccurate. The EC of your state cast their vote for the winner of the popular vote of your state so you voting indirectly for the President and VP. Your statement implies the EC just picks whoever they want to win which isn't correct. Here's some reading  material for you.

https://www.lwv.org/blog/one-person-one-vote-how-does-electoral-college-work

I understand how it works.   And only 2 states, Maine and Nebraska, aren't winner takes all.

Just think if the 'people' picked the president and the 10-15yrs of invade & occupy that could have been avoided, along with doubling the deficit to finance it.

Along with all the lives lost, destroyed and or displaced.  In the end, no victories for anyone.  Well, except defense contractors.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I understand how it works.   And only 2 states, Maine and Nebraska, aren't winner takes all.

Just think if the 'people' picked the president and the 10-15yrs of invade & occupy that could have been avoided, along with doubling the deficit to finance it.

Along with all the lives lost, destroyed and or displaced.  In the end, no victories for anyone.  Well, except defense contractors.

Your reply makes no coherent sense and has nothing to do with the Presidential voting process.

Im guessing here, but your comments seem to be directed at who is selected by each party to run in the election representing that party. Thats a different process and you should learn the difference and address your comments correctly.

The people did vote for the president and VP.  

2 hours ago, Yagoda said:

In time too. 20 days for the pouch to get to the USA.

Maybe during Covid and the lack of air transport. I seriously doubt that our Embassies and Consulates take 20 days for their diplomatic mail to arrive in the USA. Moving through the US Postal System would be a different matter. Tell you what. I will post when I am notified of arrival. Went back and checked 2022 Absentee Ballot arrival in Kentucky. You are probably correct from that timing ("probably" only because I do not have a breakdown of Diplomatic Pouch travel time versus USPS travel time)..

Edited by Wrwest

On 9/29/2024 at 10:05 AM, mdr224 said:

I agree, im interested to see how many votes she gets as an indication of how far gone this country is

Did see the Poll that Trump is doing well with males ... without an education.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2024 at 10:34 AM, brianthainess said:

How does that make the world better, when/if he wouldn't help out, just proves what an Ahole he is. America had never won a war that it has started. 

Hmm, Mexican war, Spanish American War. The Japanese may claim the USA started a war with them by cutting off US exports of steel and petroleum ... (I reflect here of the USA plans to invade the Middle East  oil fields during the embargo in the early 1970s).

On 9/29/2024 at 10:37 AM, mdr224 said:

Shes there because shes a woman of color. And thats it

In your mind, but not based on her factual achievements.

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

The people did vote for the president and VP.  

And the majority of people voted for 4 candidate, that they didn't get.   Two of those, in this century, half the presidents in this century :coffee1:

4 presidents, and 2 didn't get the popular vote, in this century.  Let that one sink in :cheesy:

Edited by KhunLA

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

And the majority of people voted for 4 candidate, that they didn't get.   Two of those, in this century, half the presidents in this century :coffee1:

4 presidents, and 2 didn't get the popular vote, in this century.  Let that one sink in :cheesy:

You need to work on your writing skills so people can understand what your talking about. Your taking things out of context and presenting them as your position.  Each state has EC that vote based on their state vote. Only 2 are not winner take all but thats not new. You are trying to add up total votes and combine them  not how the voting guidelines are set for each state. Learn how it works and stop spreading your inaccurate views as facts 

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Cant (sic) control the (honest?) rage of the people, right?

No, but irresponsible people in positions of power can do an awful lot to invoke rage and then stoke it.......right?

Exactly. Like the dude busted on the golf course looking to murder Trump with a notebook full of Democrat and Joe Biden hate rhetoric....

Looks like my voter registration has been purged.

I have been waiting for my mail ballot. 

Checked the online site today. Not eligible, no idea why iO will call the registration office but not sure there is time to get this illegal suppression of a likely Harris voter amended. M

The right -wingers who control the state process do not like my name, they don’t like my foreign birth and 

probably not my voting history 

IMG_5142.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Dan O said:

You need to work on your writing skills so people can understand what your talking about. Your taking things out of context and presenting them as your position.  Each state has EC that vote based on their state vote. Only 2 are not winner take all but thats not new. You are trying to add up total votes and combine them  not how the voting guidelines are set for each state. Learn how it works and stop spreading your inaccurate views as facts 

You do realize, all you did was repeat what I stated, though don't know why.

I'm just saying, many people surely are thinking ... "Why'd I bother", as 4 presidents, since 2000, and 2 didn't get the popular vote.  If I voted for gore or clinton, I don't think I'd ever vote again.

That's pretty simple to understand, and nothing taken out of context.

Have a Nice Day

I hope the OP wasn't the victim of one of these insidious plots:

Right-wing Twitter troll convicted of interfering in 2016 election through deceptive vote-by-text meme.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/right-wing-twitter-troll-convicted-of-interfering-in-2016-election-through-deceptive-vote-by-text-meme/

That phone number led to a real line, and the thousands who followed the instructions did not immediately receive error messages.

That is just sad...

I registered on-line and got the voting materials emailed to me but I am required to mail in my ballot, which I have ready to go.  It would be great if all states allowed voting by email, without having to actually go to the post office and mail in a paper ballot.  

My state makes registering and voting needlessly complex, in my opinion.  My first registration by email was rejected.  They required my last address where I lived and I was able to come up with the street address but I neglected to include my unit number, which I couldn't remember as I had moved so many times with condo flips.  So, rejected; I had to research what the last condo number had been and submit the registration again.

Accepted this time.  Voting is also more complex than it needs to be with my state.  There are numerous  steps involved, from printing the ballot to filling it out to putting it in an envelope to printing a voter statement to fill out and sign to pasting the voter statement to the envelope to sealing the envelope to putting that envelope into another envelope to printing the voter address to send the second envelope to pasting the voter address to the second envelope to sealing the second envelope to--finally--mailing it.  Phew!