White Culture

JimTripper

On 9/29/2024 at 12:08 PM, MalcolmB said:

I would put forward that nearly all major contributions to mankind have come from white men. 
credit where credit due Freddy. 

Fine to be friendly with women and people from other races. They have overall benefitted from our inventions, electricity, planes, trains and automobiles etc and advances in modern medicine that has increased life expectancy for all.

Unfortunately jealousy rears its ugly head and we don’t get the credits and accolades we deserve. 

A big Thankyou to the white men and all you have done for us. 

"Our inventions"...  I imagine a sore loser, consuming another glass of beer at 10AM at some dirty Pattaya bar and writing this. Hahaha.  Do I respect Henry Ford? Surely I do. Should I equally respect some alcoholic with pedophile tendencies just because he supposedly belongs to the same race as H. Ford? I don't think so.

Edited by Hellfire
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Exactly.  That isn't what you are talking about.  Dominant as in it is favoured and followed more than any other single culture is.  E.g.  "Dominant opinion" means the opinion that most people have, not an opinion that can beat up other opinions...

I'm not sure why you're trying to conflate something being physically strong.  You're not really making any sense.  🤷‍♂️

Let me explain this way, the American culture is the most dominant today in soft culture. Do you think this would be the case if the US had not won WWII?

Clearly it would not be the case. The reason why the American culture today is dominant is not because Megan Thee Stallion is superior to Richard Strauss, but because for political, military and economic reason the US ascended to this position of cultural dominance. 

It is not a result of the culture itself, but of brute force, do you see what I'm saying?

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I think he forgets that we're not actually talking about the physical toughness of a culture.  One culture doesn't beat up another culture to become dominant.

I'm not sure he's got a clue what the heck we're talking about.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

The Thais you see who don't want to be like drunken expats do actually copy their clothes, their education system, their architecture, and a lot of them would like to have their democracy.

All those are quite universal these days and not American culture , clothes are clothes and they are all pretty much the same the World over , along with buildings and education and food 

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I think he forgets that we're not actually talking about the physical toughness of a culture.  One culture doesn't beat up another culture to become dominant.

No, I think you forget, or rather don't realise, that the soft cultural power you have in mind is a by product of the West having beaten the rest of the world on the head with a big hammer for the last few hundreds of years.

It is NOT a result of the superiority of the culture itself, but rather a result of centuries of war, annihilation, genocide, purposeful starvation and similar events.

25 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

That isn't what is being discussed.  We're talking about the strength of a culture.  That doesn't require any force, now.

That's obviously wrong. In the case of the West, it did and still does.

The global appeal of US culture is unthinkable without the US having emerged victorious from WWII, or having won the Philippines war, or still being ready to send naval forces into the South China Sea to asssit the Philippines.

In the case of the West, soft culture appeal and military strength are linked.

13 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I think one of the problems you get when talking about "White/Western culture", is that it is so dominant that people don't even notice it.  It's basically just become "normal".  So people wear Western clothes, use Western inventions, speak Western words, eat Western food, live in Western houses, but they think this is just "normal".  Then say that there is no Western culture.

It's more American culture that has become dominant, American clothes, American inventions, American food, the rest of the West not so much.

And again, the reason that is the case is very much linked with military, political and economic reasons that led to this being the case, it was not the result of a "superior" culture forcing itself to the fore. Rather it was an accident of fate, the fantastic size of the USA, its resources, and immigration, then the events leading to WWII, these are the real reasons Western culture is so widespread.

Not a cultural superiority inherent in the culture itself.

25 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Let me explain this way, the American culture is the most dominant today in soft culture. Do you think this would be the case if the US had not won WWII?

WWII involved a lot of White countries.  Also, American culture isn't as dominant as Western culture.

26 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

All those are quite universal these days and not American culture , clothes are clothes and they are all pretty much the same the World over , along with buildings and education and food 

Who's talking about American culture?  Maybe re-read the thread. 

They're universal, but they are still largely based on Western culture.  You can't just say, "Oh, they might have come from Western culture, but everyone has them now, so they aren't Western culture anymore".

What you're basically picking up on, is the fact that Western culture is so dominant, that people don't even realise it's Western culture.  It still is, though.

Edited by BangkokReady

20 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

That's obviously wrong. In the case of the West, it did and still does.

It doesn't.  People want to follow Western culture.  It doesn't need to be forced on anyone.  In fact, in many cases, non-Western governments have to fight their own people in order to prevent them from embracing and living a Western cultural lifestyle.

18 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

It's more American culture that has become dominant, American clothes, American inventions, American food, the rest of the West not so much.

No.  1, American culture is Western culture.  2, American culture isn't specifically dominant.

29 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

No, I think you forget, or rather don't realise, that the soft cultural power you have in mind is a by product of the West having beaten the rest of the world on the head with a big hammer for the last few hundreds of years.

Not really.  It might have been around longer or appeared in more places because of this, but when someone sees Western culture and wants to live in that way, there is no coercion involved, they simply like that culture.

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

Who's talking about American culture?  Maybe re-read the thread. 

They're universal, but they are still largely based on Western culture.  You can't just say, "Oh, they might have come from Western culture, but everyone has them now, so they aren't Western culture anymore".

What you're basically picking up on, is the fact that Western culture is so dominant, that people don't even realise it's Western culture.  It still is, though.

What exactly are we talking about when we say "culture" ?

2 hours ago, Hellfire said:

"Our inventions"...  I imagine a sore loser, consuming another glass of beer at 10AM at some dirty Pattaya bar and writing this. Hahaha.  Do I respect Henry Ford? Surely I do. Should I equally respect some alcoholic with pedophile tendencies just because he supposedly belongs to the same race as H. Ford? I don't think so.

What has it got to do with pedophiles? 

And there is nothing wrong with beer either. Another great invention by white man.

Refrigeration.