Feel sorry for AN posters who bought electric

39 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Had my 1997 Nissan Big-M pickup for 14 years, paid 150kbht ...... now worth 50kbht.

So less than 10kbht depreciation per year.

@KhunLA How much do you think it's price will plummet next year?

Ptetty good....

Vs Atto3 that loses 500,000 baht a year apparently 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Had my 1997 Nissan Big-M pickup for 14 years, paid 150kbht ...... now worth 50kbht.

So less than 10kbht depreciation per year.

@KhunLA How much do you think it's price will plummet next year?

That's a keeper as a spare, and shopping large items.   Only reason we kept our Honda Wave 125i so long, as only drove it to put air in the tires and top it up.   But, JIC the car was down, still have transport.

And the Neta, is used, and possibly up to 75k kms on it, made 2022.

image.png.82edaa39fda3f0125f00df2e99ba0305.png

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

310kbht for a NETA PLUS 

If that was in a showroom near me, I'd probably buy it.

If I go electric, that will be my price range.  Perfect. Get's ya from point A to point B?  Good enough!

19 minutes ago, connda said:

If I go electric, that will be my price range.  Perfect. Get's ya from point A to point B?  Good enough!

Easy Rider ... 😎

image.png.95a7af0abaccf77b21bc77b16815ad79.png

One the subject of scooters, they've also come down.  Not price war, as actually MSRP is up, but govt incentive of ~18,000, on DECO make/models at least.

Ours was (2021)  ฿73,900

Upgraded now    ฿63,640 (82,900 - 19,000+)

image.png.ff2e00df08757a52aac59308a7dee9f9.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NoDisplayName said:

Nio is partnering with Sinopec to install battery swap stations at Sinopec petro stations throughout China.

Other YouTube video shows a Nio battery swap station in Netherlands, so these vehicles meet Europa safety standards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU5D4lvsnww&ab_channel=NIONederland

Would need to get a similar partnership set up with PTT here.

It's NIO not NEO. Thank you. And yes, the article was about the same - apparently NIO is opening a factory in Hungary to build these battery exchange stations.

• Thumbs Up 1

Off topic, I know.  I was at an Ice Cream Machinery trade show in China this week, and this one piqued my interest.  Not a model that I'd go for, but the concept is of interest.  Portable electricity, to run an ice cream freezer, a coffee truck, etc.  Probably not enough portable juice to run a pizza truck all day, but...

I spoke to the guy (in broken English) and he said the truck will power the freezer all day, with plenty of power to cross town to get home at the end of the day.  I can see this genre changing the street vendor landscape.  His company (Hiron) made the freezers, not the truck, which is a Wuling Brand.  (Pretty good history)  It's one of their micro-vans.  I'd hope they also make bigger platforms.

IceCreamTruck.jpg.e0086fcd99d857c0ba4fad8d79fdbb49.jpg

Edited by impulse
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

And that's before you account for the fact that most electricity that charges EV comes from fossil fuels, so you're not really significantly helping pollution either. The only way it might be greener is if you have a solar/wind/etc charger and used it instead of the grid - which owners don't do.

Do yourself a favor and read this Australian article about ev V ice emissions/charging.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-05-27/comparing-electric-cars-and-petrol-cars/103746132?utm_source=abc_news_app&utm_medium=content_shared&utm_campaign=abc_news_app&utm_content=link

Your current beliefs are real cool but not even remotely factual.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1