Hua Hin Immigration Office - Retirement visa one year extension: Change after October 2023?

Fortean1

I did my 90-day check in on 1 October.  I saw a stack of information in Thai on one side and in English on the reverse.  The reverse had the heading "RESIDENT NOTIFICATION DOCUMENTS".  It lists House register, The National ID card, If you bought a house, the land title must be notified as well, T.M. 28/T.M. 30: If renting, fill out the T.M. 28 form. If you are the host yourself, fill out the T.M. 30 form; PASSPORT and a copy of the latest information page and arrival stamp; In the event the host submits for another person on his behalf, a power of attorney must be attached."

I fill out the forms myself, that is, the T.M. 7 and T.M. 8.  The lady in the room in back of the main HHIO building has in the past made all the copies, taken and/or attached my photos, passport pages, and I take to the main building.  This listing of RESIDENT NOTIFICATION DOCUMENTS! is new to me.

My wife is Thai and co-owner of our house as our daughter in law in Las Vegas who is Thai.  My only proof of residence for my retirement NON-B is a slip of paper inside my passport dated December 2015.  When renewing my driving license I have gotten a Proof of Residence letter.  The first one in 2015 cost me 1,000 baht and the second one in 2020 cost me 500 baht.

Has anyone encountered difficulty in getting their retirement visa extended in the past year?  I did my last one in October 2023.

Terry W. Colvin

( a few miles south of Hua Hin )...

8 minutes ago, Fortean1 said:

I did my 90-day check in on 1 October.  I saw a stack of information in Thai on one side and in English on the reverse.  The reverse had the heading "RESIDENT NOTIFICATION DOCUMENTS".  It lists House register, The National ID card, If you bought a house, the land title must be notified as well, T.M. 28/T.M. 30: If renting, fill out the T.M. 28 form. If you are the host yourself, fill out the T.M. 30 form; PASSPORT and a copy of the latest information page and arrival stamp; In the event the host submits for another person on his behalf, a power of attorney must be attached."

I fill out the forms myself, that is, the T.M. 7 and T.M. 8.  The lady in the room in back of the main HHIO building has in the past made all the copies, taken and/or attached my photos, passport pages, and I take to the main building.  This listing of RESIDENT NOTIFICATION DOCUMENTS! is new to me.

My wife is Thai and co-owner of our house as our daughter in law in Las Vegas who is Thai.  My only proof of residence for my retirement NON-B is a slip of paper inside my passport dated December 2015.  When renewing my driving license I have gotten a Proof of Residence letter.  The first one in 2015 cost me 1,000 baht and the second one in 2020 cost me 500 baht.

Has anyone encountered difficulty in getting their retirement visa extended in the past year?  I did my last one in October 2023.

Terry W. Colvin

( a few miles south of Hua Hin )...

I did my Ret non -O- extension last week, and used my yellow book (as always), and no issues.  Other paperwork was PP & Bank info (monthly deposits), and that map of course :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I did my Ret non -O- extension last week, and used my yellow book (as always), and no issues.  Other paperwork was PP & Bank info (monthly deposits), and that map of course :coffee1:

Good info.  No yellow book for me.  I might bring the house blue book and my wife's national ID card.  Yes, PP and bank info (balance at 800K plus and statement), bring passbook with me.  Oddly, no map requested in several years.  I recall once or twice map was needed since 2008.

On 10/2/2024 at 9:18 PM, Fortean1 said:

Good info.  No yellow book for me.  I might bring the house blue book and my wife's national ID card.  Yes, PP and bank info (balance at 800K plus and statement), bring passbook with me.  Oddly, no map requested in several years.  I recall once or twice map was needed since 2008.

I did mine last week and took photocopy of lasty 2 pages of passbook going back to May 24. The lady at the front checking docs before you go up insisted I had to copy 2 more pages going back to Oct 23. Just a heads up, copy all pages of bank book since your last visa renewal.

On 10/2/2024 at 2:29 PM, Fortean1 said:

When renewing my driving license I have gotten a Proof of Residence letter.  The first one in 2015 cost me 1,000 baht and the second one in 2020 cost me 500 baht.

Yet More corruption paying for a free service. It's never ending.  

13 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

I did mine last week and took photocopy of lasty 2 pages of passbook going back to May 24. The lady at the front checking docs before you go up insisted I had to copy 2 more pages going back to Oct 23. Just a heads up, copy all pages of bank book since your last visa renewal.

I took for granted he already knew that, since extending last year.

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Yet More corruption paying for a free service. It's never ending.  

Not if you get an official receipt for the payment, which HH Imm does issue.  Same with transfer of visa to new PP.

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not if you get an official receipt for the payment, which HH Imm does issue.  Same with transfer of visa to new PP.

None of those you will get a receipt for as I said both are a free service. 

I tried once with Trat IO to get the "Express" service, they wouldn't have a bar of it, "can not come back in 3 days", so another return trip on the ferry from KC. Cost me 500b and hours of wasted time. 

Extension transfer to new PP was no problem, free and same day as I applied for my extension. 

15 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

None of those you will get a receipt for as I said both are a free service. 

I tried once with Trat IO to get the "Express" service, they wouldn't have a bar of it, "can not come back in 3 days", so another return trip on the ferry from KC. Cost me 500b and hours of wasted time. 

Extension transfer to new PP was no problem, free and same day as I applied for my extension. 

... and yet 

28 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

33 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

How do you know it's an actual official receipt ? please post a picture. The last one someone posted looked like a restaurant receipt. Easy for them to have a 'spare receipt book' init.

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

How do you know it's an actual official receipt ? please post a picture. The last one someone posted looked like a restaurant receipt. Easy for them to have a 'spare receipt book' init.

After 24 years, I think I know the difference, and it's returned with the extension receipt, as once done at the same time.

That was 2 extensions ago, so doubt if I still have, not that I would bother to find and post.  Believe me or not, as I could give a rat's.

Your just being silly, as usual.   Have a Nice Day

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Your just being silly, as usual.   Have a Nice Day

No I'm being realistic, there is nothing stopping them from having an extra 'official' receipt book. If I could be bothered I could ring 1178 on Monday and ask but as it not my problem. 

21 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

No I'm being realistic, there is nothing stopping them from having an extra 'official' receipt book. If I could be bothered I could ring 1178 on Monday and ask but as it not my problem. 

If you followed the subject matter, then you'd already know, TH Imm leaves it up to the individual offices now to charge for service, that may be free elsewhere.   If you google, you my even find a news blip stating such.  I know I've seen & read it myself, years ago.

As a contentions issue quite some time ago.  I refused myself one time to pay to have visa transferred at another office, since no receipt would be issues.  I told the bi-atch to keep it/PP, and I'll come back Monday and get it from your boss, who wasn't there at the time.   On return, he asked the wife to explain to the ding dong farang, the Thai way.  She told him, when you steal from him, you steal from me.

Here's your PP, and have a nice day.  :cheesy:

Also been told many years ago, when getting a CoR, 600 baht ... say what, do I get a receipt .... no ... if want a receipt, takes one week & 300 baht :cheesy:

I needed it now, so paid, but then reported it to the corruption office in town.  As did more than a few others, about both fees, for CoR & transfer of vis to new PP.  As they were free services at the time.   Quite the stink in town and on local forum at the time.

Low & behold, some time afterwards, they release that news blip I read, stating up to Imm offices if they wish to charge or not for some services.  What a coincidence. 

Apparently more than a few complaints filed about charges in a few provinces, hence the policy change.

Do try to keep up :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA