If cost is zero consideration: What is the very best clinic for dental implant in CM?

GammaGlobulin

1 hour ago, jaywalker2 said:

That depends on the type of bone graft. We had a dentist on this forum who claimed most bone grafts are a waste of money because they fail to integrate well. When I had my implants done all but one dentist recommended a bone graft. Two recommended a sinus lift, the third a major bone graft that would have taken eight months.

1 hour ago, jaywalker2 said:

That depends on the type of bone graft. We had a dentist on this forum who claimed most bone grafts are a waste of money because they fail to integrate well. When I had my implants done all but one dentist recommended a bone graft. Two recommended a sinus lift, the third a major bone graft that would have taken eight months.

Thanks.

I will look into this idea of bone graft failure, and ask my dentist to address it.

15 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Thanks.

I will look into this idea of bone graft failure, and ask my dentist to address it.

Bone grafts are a common procedure in the US, Euro land, and Thailand with many implants. 

There are 5 or 10 excellent dental clinics in CM. Grace Dental usually gets the most praise and one of the higher price ones,

I have used Dental for U on Thapae for over a decade, including root canal, an implant, cavities cleaning etc. I believe the women is a UCLA grad, not that that makes a difference but likely can talk you through your anxiety.

Now time to walk away from the keyboard in your box and get it done .... or next week as half the town is flooded.

Bloody heck everything is a Golgotha, a literal Calvary with you GG. 

1 minute ago, Dcheech said:

Bone grafts are a common procedure in the US, Euro land, and Thailand with many implants. 

There are 5 or 10 excellent dental clinics in CM. Grace Dental usually gets the most praise and one of the higher price ones,

I have used Dental for U on Thapae for over a decade, including root canal, an implant, cavities cleaning etc. I believe the women is a UCLA grad, not that that makes a difference but likely can talk you through your anxiety.

Now time to walk away from the keyboard in your box and get it done .... or next week as half the town is flooded.

Bloody heck everything is a Golgotha, a literal Calvary with you GG. 

Thanks for this....REALLY !!!

Just now, GammaGlobulin said:

I have heard, from my long-time driver....that flooding in CM is particularly bad at this moment.

How bad is it?

Do you think the floods will subside by mid-October?

I will begin my therapy soon as transportation improves.

I have heard that the traffic now is horrendous....but I have not seen it....

• Haha 1

Not in Chiang Mai, but Adenza in Pattaya is perhaps the best dentistry in Thailand if not in Asia. If cost is no issue, a flight down and a short 1 -2 night stay in Pattaya is well worth it. 

Just now, retarius said:

Not in Chiang Mai, but Adenza in Pattaya is perhaps the best dentistry in Thailand if not in Asia. If cost is no issue, a flight down and a short 1 -2 night stay in Pattaya is well worth it. 

Tks.

I will contact...if for nothing more than additional info...

Nimmaen is not flooded (well according to this mornings news)  -Grace dental has a clinic there. 
Thapae has 6 inches of water ....  unprecedented but likely no damage to Dental 4 U
You likely could start next MONDAY ... BUT many Docs might not be coming in as taking care of their house.

Just got to start calling. It is up to you GG. No one call help you beyond this point. You have to make the call. 

As always our hopes and prayers are with you.  

34 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

Nimmaen is not flooded (well according to this mornings news)  -Grace dental has a clinic there. 
Thapae has 6 inches of water ....  unprecedented but likely no damage to Dental 4 U
You likely could start next MONDAY ... BUT many Docs might not be coming in as taking care of their house.

Just got to start calling. It is up to you GG. No one call help you beyond this point. You have to make the call. 

As always our hopes and prayers are with you.  

Thank you for your kind wishes.

I always hate it when everything is completely left up to .... just me.

Manning up on those dental issues...

The main thing you want to look for at the consultation is any type of impatience or rushing by the implantologist.

That's a lot of what skill is, other then technique, knowledge and training. Taking the time to do the job correctly.

Listen to how long they take to explain the procedure. If it's too brief or rushed, that's what they will be doing to your jawbone as well.

It's hard to evaluate doctors because they usually have a good deal of social skill, being at least in school for a good time. You need to look at personality factors under that, like rushing/impatience, etc. Also, watch how they use their hands. Do they drop anything talking to you? Fumble with notes or papers? There's your drill, you get the idea...Most people can't fake body language cues.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Haha 1

Have not had implants done by them but have been using them since 2006:  The Grace Dental Clinic.

http://www.gracedentalclinic.com/

They were recommended to me first by an American couple who came to Thailand three months in each year, partly for medical and dental treatments.

Then in 2006 they were recommended by the Pakua Clinic at Tao Garden (near Doi Sakhet), who suggested I go there for removal of my older amalgam fillings (since several years before I had insisted that all new fillings be non-amalgam).

you might want to look for anyone who will do IV sedation , go to dentist , fall asleep, wake up few hours later  all done, lovely stuff, only found one place in Thailand that will do it and that's in BKK and they use the teacher from the local hospital anesthesiology dept to administer it.

Had 2  implants done May 27th 2011  (in the UK)just checked the email from my UK dentist. No problems with either. Density of  bone decides what type  of  implant is  used, some people have bone like oak others like styrofoam, my dentist said mine was like styrofoam when he did it. I would NOT opt  for a "done in a  day" type procedure, mine took  about 6-8 months whilst they waited for the bone to grow  around the implant before final fitting of  crown. Was  totally painless  but then I was off my head on drugs and remember nothing. No pain when I had recovered from that either.

12 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I would NOT opt  for a "done in a  day" type procedure, mine took  about 6-8 months whilst they waited for the bone to grow  around the implant before final fitting of  crown.

Correct, as I also stated in a previous comment... about 10 months total...from extraction to completion.

Also, I once had a bone density scan....DEXA scan.....  The results of that were good.

They told me that my bones were so dense that....

Possibly they had been fossilized.