Pick-up Truck Swerves to Avoid Motorcycle, Crashes into School Van: Six Injured, Phetchabun

IMG_6391.jpeg

Na Chaliang Police Station received a report at 16.40 on October 4, of a collision between a pick-up truck and a school van at kilometre marker 184 on the Saraburi-Lom Sak Road in Huai Pong sub-district, Nong Phai district, Phetchabun. The accident resulted in five injuries in the school van.

At the scene, authorities found a damaged school van belonging to Kuladis Wittayanusorn School. The rear of the van showed clear signs of being struck, with the rear wheels dislodged. Among those injured were the van driver and four students, who were rushed to Nong Phai Hospital.

Nearby, a black pick-up truck with registration number from Phetchabun was found heavily damaged at the front. Additionally, a motorcycle was found at the scene, also severely damaged. The motorcyclist, identified as Mr. Phada (surname withheld), aged 67, was found unconscious and was immediately taken to Nong Phai Hospital for emergency care.

Initial investigations revealed that the motorcycle had abruptly cut in front of the pick-up truck, forcing the driver of the truck to swerve. The pick-up then lost control, colliding with the rear of the school van. The impact caused the van to veer off the road, cross the median, and crash into a tree. Police have called in both the pick-up and van drivers for questioning as they continue their investigation into the exact cause of the accident.

Dr. Bundit Kruthangka, head of Kuladis Wittayanusorn School, stated that he rushed to the scene upon hearing the news. After visiting the hospital, he reported that most of the injuries were minor, though one student suffered a broken arm. He noted that the accident occurred after the students had finished their final exams, and the van was en route to drop the last four students at their homes.

One of the parents, Mrs. Jaruwan (surname withheld), aged 35, shared her distress. “I was waiting for my child to come home when I received a call about the accident. I was in shock, especially since I was still shaken from a recent bus fire incident. Seeing the state of the van broke my heart, but fortunately, my child only sustained minor injuries. After speaking with them and seeing they were responsive, I felt a little relieved,” she said.

Authorities continue to investigate the incident to determine legal action.

Picture from responders.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-05

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

image.png

2 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Police have called in both the pick-up and van drivers for questioning as they continue their investigation into the exact cause of the accident.

Maybe they should wait until the motorcycle guy who cut in two close to the pick-up can attend.