Spreaders of Conspiracy Theories: Unmasking the Motivations Behind the Lies

Social Media

On 10/8/2024 at 12:12 PM, bradiston said:

I said since October 7th, right?

Yes, you did, but you also included the aftermath of 9/11.  

On 10/7/2024 at 11:24 PM, bradiston said:

It's Arabs and Muslims who have borne the brunt of hate crimes since October 7th, just as they did after 9/11. 

You are still mistaken in both cases.  Hate crimes against s and Muslims surged after 9/11 and Oct. 7, but still lagged behind the number of  hate crimes committed against Jews

In 2001,  anti-Islamic hate crimes against skyrocketed to 481 from 28 the year before,  still less than half the 1,043 anti-Jewish hate crimes.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/statistics-on-religious-hate-crimes

hate.png.b403121706f8871227f3d2b13862d888.png

The FBI wrote in the Uniform Crime Reports for 2001:

"Another noticeable increase in 2001 was among religious-bias incidents. Anti-Islamic religion incidents were previously the second least reported, but in 2001, they became the second highest reported among religious-bias incidents (anti-Jewish religion incidents were the highest), growing by more than 1,600 percent over the 2000 volume. In 2001, reported data showed there were 481 incidents made up of 546 offenses having 554 victims of crimes motivated by bias toward the Islamic religion."

It also stated:

"A breakdown of the 2,118 victims of hate crimes motivated by religious bias showed that the majority of victims were Jewish, 56.5 percent.  Anti-Islamic bias accounted for 26.2 percent of victims of hate crimes motivated by religious bias, anti-Catholic bias accounted for 1.9 percent, antiProtestant 1.7 percent, and anti-atheism or antiagnosticism 0.2 percent. Biases directed at members of other religious groups and those directed at groups made up of individuals from various religious faiths accounted for 11.1 percent and 2.5 percent of the victims, respectively."

https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2001

The pattern was the same in the aftermath of the Oct. 7.  As the figures in my previous post indicated,  hate crimes against Muslims rose during the final three months of 2023, but nevertheless fell far short of hate crimes against Jews.  It's also important to note that these figures cover actions that meet the definition of hate crime in the U.S.  There have been thousands and thousands of unpleasant actions aimed at Jews which don't meet that definition.

"Since October 7, antisemitic hate speech has appeared online and offline, in countries around the world, and on occasion has been voiced by influential figures. Similarly, antisemitic threats, harassment, discrimination and violence have also been documented around the world. While the perpetrators of some of these antisemitic incidents appear to have been motivated primarily by events in Gaza, some incidents have been opportunistic and committed by actors who are taking advantage of widespread anti-Israel sentiment to propagate hateful stereotypes and conspiracies and calls for violence against Jews. 

"The emblematic examples of antisemitic hate speech, discrimination, and violence documented below are only a small subset of incidents of antisemitism that have occurred since October 7, 2023."

https://www.ajc.org/reports-and-emblematic-examples-of-antisemitic-hate-speech-and-violence-since-october-7

Edited by Evil Penevil

Galileo was considered a 'conspiracy theorist' until he was proven right.

Italian astronomer Galileo Galilei stood trial against the Catholic Church in the seventeenth century for promoting the heliocentric (globe) model of the universe.

At the time EVERYONE KNEW the earth was flat.

Galileo was pventually put to death in 1633 for continuing to insist the world was round.

In 1992 the church finally admitted he was right:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg13618460-600-vatican-admits-galileo-was-right/

Tonnes of examples of this sort of thing - even to this day.

I could bring up a list of probably incorrect received 'wisdom' but it would be against forum rules.

On 10/7/2024 at 3:47 AM, Cory1848 said:

Graphic novelist Alan Moore put it best: “The truth is, that it is not the Jewish banking conspiracy, or the grey aliens, or the twelve-foot reptiloids from another dimension that are in control"

Also Alan Moore:

"LSD was an incredible experience. Not that I'm recommending it for anybody else; but for me it kind of – it hammered home to me that reality is not a fixed thing. That the reality that we saw about us every day was one reality, and a valid one – but that there were others, different perspectives where different things have meaning that were just as valid. That had a profound effect on me.

— Alan Moore (2003)

Not sure if he's jewish or not but he's written a gay jewish character into his work before.  Either way, he's a very spooky guy.