Honda ADV 160 (2025) – Stiff Suspension: Should I Upgrade?

vento

15 hours ago, shdmn said:

Smaller diameter wheels give a better turn radius and help lower the center of gravity.  Both of those make them better in town.  Larger diameter tires are better at highway speeds.

If I remember OP problem, it was stiff suspension? Smaller diameter wheels, gives shorter travel for suspension, and harder to satisfy the op even by changing the suspension with an aftermarket to a softer one, he risk to bottom out the suspension. 

Compromises is hard on such small wheel bikes. 

What is OP weight? As said before, the Asian suspension is set for an average weight of 75kg, 

13 hours ago, Hummin said:

If I remember OP problem, it was stiff suspension? Smaller diameter wheels, gives shorter travel for suspension, and harder to satisfy the op even by changing the suspension with an aftermarket to a softer one, he risk to bottom out the suspension. 

Compromises is hard on such small wheel bikes. 

What is OP weight? As said before, the Asian suspension is set for an average weight of 75kg, 

Says who?  Just because they can make it shorter does not automatically mean they do.

Edited by shdmn

On 10/7/2024 at 10:57 AM, Mavideol said:

am with you, was thinking about changing my click 160 to the ADV for a so called "good/soft" ride but this is another poster  complaining about the ride, will keep my click for now, as you I did change the suspension as u did unfortunately didn't felt any difference, only get better over some bumps with slightly deflating the tires

NMAX...plush