The best toasted ham and cheese Panino sandwich in Bangkok?

Has anyone found a really good proper place for a nice, hearty ham and cheese Panino sandwich in Bangkok where the sandwich is toasted with a nice, generous amount of thinly-sliced ham and some nice, gooey melted cheese dripping out of the sides of the sandwich? 

I'm expecting people are gonna say go to 7-Eleven because their grilled ham and cheese sandwiches gained a lot of notoriety and have become a thing, but I'm looking for the real deal. Nothing processed or made with fake cheese from trans fats, but something authentic, with some nice bread and both quality ham and cheese. 

I assume there are some places that do it right and really specialize in it, but I wouldn't know where they are. Dean & Delucca perhaps? 

If you found any good ones that are worth the effort to track down and devour then please share your insight and experience on the quest for a finely toasted ham and cheese. 

I found the following list of 4 places as possible venues for a really good toasted ham and cheese sandwich, but I'm not personally familiar with any of these places:

1. Maison Eric Kayser

2. Rocket Coffeebar

3. Baker Gonna Bake

4. Casa Lapin

1 hour ago, FriscoKid said:

Has anyone found a really good proper place for a nice, hearty ham and cheese Panino sandwich in Bangkok where the sandwich is toasted with a nice, generous amount of thinly-sliced ham and some nice, gooey melted cheese dripping out of the sides of the sandwich? 

Bangkok is a BIG place, might help if you provide your area.

Meanwhile, Silom Soi 5 has a place called FAT.P Eatery ... the little woman works in that area and brings them home occasionally.

I also like the grilled sandwiches on sourdough at Bartels, live fairly close so get them delivered on Grab.

Now you've gone and made me hungry ... :biggrin:

9abcdaaf_OGQ4NDBiMDUucG5n.webp.eeb2ba8f705afaf0625d3ec64fae78e0.webp

image.jpeg

Edited by expat_4_life

Au Bon Pain is a small chain, and they do decent sandwich.  You could always as for extra meat/cheese.

I like making my own ... and like the suggestion, to get your own press

image.png.a085efbff2835ddba7572941556484d8.png

If you want to at home ...

(pressure cooking to speed things up on cooking part)

Edited by KhunLA