Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

Inderpland

50 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

so how about the 'conspiracy theory' that the areas affected by the hurricane (Asheville) sits on or near huge lithium deposits, thats is something i have seen popping up a couple of times over the last week

OK go on, what about it?

BTW, do you know that the hurricane also affected several huge waste disposal sites? What have you got to say about that?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, impulse said:

If you mean by not attacking Ukraine on Trump's watch, I can live with that.  I like peace.

No, I didn't mean that. Trump is Putin's lapdog. A few files/vids nicely tucked away in Moscow has seen to that coupled with the fact that fake flattery will get you everywhere with weird old Donald.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, impulse said:

So the technology isn't perfect.  They missed by a few miles.

You won't find me claiming the Dems caused or steered the hurricane, but I have to give them grudging acknowledgement that they don't let a perfectly good catastrophe go to waste.

First you say 'they' missed by a few miles' and then you say you won't claim the Dems caused or steered the hurricane. Then who are 'they'?

You seem utterly confused and I don't blame you one bit. With all the conspiracy drivel getting pumped out by the loony right it must be hard to keep track of what to say.

• Like 1

More on Trump's never-ending barrage of lies.

“I’m sick and tired of this crap": Officials debunk Trump's "truly dangerous" Hurricane Helene lies

'“He’s been calling the president, hasn’t been able to get him,” Trump said last week, referring to Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, a Republican who soon clarified that Biden had, in fact, called him.

“He offered that if there’s other things we need, just to call him directly,” Kemp said, adding that he’s had a “great relationship” with FEMA, which has deployed nearly 7,000 personnel and provided upwards of $137 million in assistance to survivors of the destruction wrought by Hurricane Helene.'

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Please list the left-wing 'ideas' equivalent to space lasers, weather control, Pizzagate etc that has gotten mainstream acceptance through manipulation?

"Please cherry-pick things that support my argument and don't mention things that prove me wrong."

Suuure...  🙄

42 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

OK go on, what about it?

BTW, do you know that the hurricane also affected several huge waste disposal sites? What have you got to say about that?

you seem to follow these conspiracies more than id do, enough to make a thread over it. 

3 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

More on Trump's never-ending barrage of lies.

“I’m sick and tired of this crap": Officials debunk Trump's "truly dangerous" Hurricane Helene lies

'“He’s been calling the president, hasn’t been able to get him,” Trump said last week, referring to Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, a Republican who soon clarified that Biden had, in fact, called him.

“He offered that if there’s other things we need, just to call him directly,” Kemp said, adding that he’s had a “great relationship” with FEMA, which has deployed nearly 7,000 personnel and provided upwards of $137 million in assistance to survivors of the destruction wrought by Hurricane Helene.'

no need to read any further

Screenshot 2024-10-08 at 18.00.10.png

38 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

No, I didn't mean that. Trump is Putin's lapdog. A few files/vids nicely tucked away in Moscow has seen to that coupled with the fact that fake flattery will get you everywhere with weird old Donald.

there is a conspiracy right there. i suppose left conspiracy= good/truth, right= bad/fake

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, frank83628 said:

A few files/vids nicely tucked away in Moscow

Yes where are those pee pee tapes ?  hidden away with the JFK files

don't worry they will (maybe) released in the next 100 years !!!

10 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

"Please cherry-pick things that support my argument and don't mention things that prove me wrong."

Suuure...  🙄

You're free to prove you point and instead your reply is this??

Suuuure....😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

The post was about conspiracies, and those are two things labelled "right-wing conspiracies" which turned out to be true, which counter the opinions given in the original post.  Things that you don't like about Donald Trump don't affect that fact (as much as you wished they did).

What right-wing conspiracy turned out to be true?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

there is a conspiracy right there.

Absolutely, that is my personal conspiracy theory and I can in no way prove it (other than what I've seen with my two eyes).

Are you ready to admit the same about the conspiracy theories you believe in?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, johng said:

The story was by Politico  not me  I have not spoken about MTG

are there space lasers  yes of course  remember Ronald Reagan ?

https://www.history.com/news/reagan-star-wars-sdi-missile-defense

I just asked you a simple question; In your opinion did the Dems/'they' create and control this hurricane?

PS. So the space (Jewish or otherwise) lasers are actually deployed?

Edited by Inderpland

2 hours ago, frank83628 said:

so ignore the rest of the comment.  care to elaborate on the video clip i posted? 
this clearly relates to what MTG has said. (although i have not seen everything she has said)

A clip?  Seriously?  What about some scientific articles?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

I just asked you a simple question;

I can niether confirm or deny both of those questions/theories/accusations. :tongue:

However (later after considerable pressure to actually answer a simple question)

I doubt the first  and highly suspect the second.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Whomever controls the narrative (the press and internet) decides who is talking about "conspiracy theories" and who is talking about "real things that we should all be worried about". 

Think we all know in our hearts it's a certain group 👃who favour mass gimmigration.  They own both parties though so it's a bit dispiriting - esp as we're not allowed to speak about these things openly.

The blowback in the future from suppressing the obvious will be one for the ages if history is anything to go by.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, johng said:

I can niether confirm or deny both of those questions/theories/accusations. :tongue:

However (later after considerable pressure to actually answer a simple question)

I doubt the first  and highly suspect the second.

OK, thanks for that. I appreciate getting a straight answer.👍

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Absolutely, that is my personal conspiracy theory and I can in no way prove it (other than what I've seen with my two eyes).

Are you ready to admit the same about the conspiracy theories you believe in?

Good point.  Many lack balls to speak up.

As Dave Collum Professor, Cornell University said

I am a conspiracy theorist. I believe that men and women of wealth and power, conspire. If you don’t think so, you are what is called “an idiot

If you believe stuff but fear the label, you are what is called “a coward.”.

6 minutes ago, BruceWayne said:

Think we all know in our hearts it's a certain group 👃who favour mass gimmigration.  They own both parties though so it's a bit dispiriting - esp as we're not allowed to speak about these things openly.

The blowback in the future from suppressing the obvious will be one for the ages if history is anything to go by.

Oh wow, here we go. This must be a whopper of a 'theory'! Be careful what you write, the Men In Black might whip up their 'memory stick' if you do!!

BTW, Alfred is looking for you, it's way past your bedtime.

Edited by Inderpland
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Another false MAGA talking point.

Kamala Harris's parents split when she was 5 years old and her father, the economics professor, wasn't closely involved in her upbringing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/04/us/politics/kamala-harris-father.html?unlocked_article_code=1.Qk4.dd-T.c0jgE4gdvfjZ&smid=url-share

And who owns the NY Times?

Is it an aussie Jewish guy called Rupert Murdoch who also owns the UK Times, Sunday Times, Fox, 20th Centrurt Fox, The Australian and so on?

You wanna fact check that too or??

Nice spin on this but facts are facts

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/harris-father-marxist-economist/

Screenshot 2024-10-08 at 13.04.56.png

2 minutes ago, BruceWayne said:

Is it an aussie Jewish guy called Rupert Murdoch who also owns the UK Times, Sunday Times, Fox, 20th Centrurt Fox, The Australian and so on?

So there's a Jewish cabal, is there?

There was this Austrian guy with a mustache that caused a bit of a to-do in Europe in the last century. I guess he still has friends.

Harris was raised by her mother after age 5. Her father did not play a significant role in her upbringing.

4 minutes ago, BruceWayne said:

Little as I don’t want to wade into “Yankee” politics I must correct the above. 

Rupert Murdoch (formerly Australian but now a Citizen of The United States) to my knowledge is not Jewish.  In fact his father, Sir Keith Murdoch who founded the media empire, was the son of a Presbyterian Preacher and was born in the then British Colony of Victoria which became part of the Commonwealth of Australia on the 1st of January 1901 (no blood spilled). 

Sir Keith made a name for himself during the First World War when he reported on the horrible conditions faced by Australian Diggers (soldiers) at Gallipoli and the the Western Front.   After the war he returned to Australia and formed the genesis of the company Rupert inherited. 

Whilst I’m no fan of the Murdoch Empire I find it incredulous to believe that the Grandson of a Presbyterian Preacher is Jewish.  

• Like 1