Thai Airways soars with ‘plane’-tastic gourmet menus for all classes

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, watchcat said:

If i want good tasting food, I'd stay at home and eat what the missus is cooking, or go to a reestaurant. Who the heck take a flight to eat, the world have certainly gone mad !

No one is booking a flight to have a meal. It's about improving their in-flight service which is a good thing. If you have two flights, equally priced, but one is served by an airline with great in-flight service and one is served by one with bad food, bad service, which one are you going to choose?

On 10/8/2024 at 5:27 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Hmm... nothing good to say at all eh....

Thai Airways food in Eco and Business class is 'meh'... or as per expectations. 

As far as Business on Qatar Airlines - food is excellent (I was at 35,000 ft eating in QR - Q-Class as recently as last week)

IMO - there is very little difference between EK and QR from a food or service perspective. 

Q-Suites are outstanding...

As car as Caviar on a flight - thats a little opulent. I was served that in First (free upgrade) a year or so ago on Qatar Airways...   the 'air-lounge' or bar or whatever you want to call it is a nice novelty and EK is better, but I don't even bother sitting in the bar part anymore anyway, its always full of drunks trying to start a conversation !!!...

I don't have high expectations of Airlines (even in business class) - as long as the food is decent, tastes nice etc...   then I'm happy - I don't expect the food to be Michelin star levels no matter how the airlines wax lyrical about the culinary wonders...  

Perhaps thats the difference between our replies, my expectations of airline food are not as high as yours. 

I don't even bother about the food. I sleep. Comfort of flatbed is important. For this Omanair suits me.

2 minutes ago, Letseng said:

I don't even bother about the food. I sleep. Comfort of flatbed is important. For this Omanair suits me.

I tend to agree...  the importance of comfort and space by far exceeds food IMO.

Thats why those angled flat beds were the worst designed business seating ever. 

As for Eco - 6 footers just need a bit of 'knee space' thats... and I'm sure most of us will be happy making the price compromise...

As for food - its not necessary on any flight under 3 hours IMO, but it does break up the flight. 

But then again, so does dropping a xanax and lying flat for xx hours !!!! 

• Agree 1

On 10/9/2024 at 12:04 PM, daveAustin said:

Needs it! The last few long haul flights I've had with them have been especially off. On the one flight, most people around me seemed to have just a nibble and then pushed it away. First meal: chicken or garlic prawn; next meal 6-8hrs later: prawn or chicken pasta. Out of literally hundreds of flights, it was right up there with the worst I can recall. Very surprising.

THAI should just stick with what they do best and serve up Thai fare -- it is a Thai carrier after all -- and avoid doing other cuisines beyond basic breakfasts, which rarely works out well at the lower end. Perhaps stuff like khao man gai and straightforward pork dishes etc, and a basic fried rice to fall back on. Anyway, looks like they heeded my scathing feedback. 😛

Do people fly for a food & drink experience? 

I fly to get from A to B. Never need a meal on a night flight.

6 hours ago, watchcat said:

If i want good tasting food, I'd stay at home and eat what the missus is cooking, or go to a reestaurant. Who the heck take a flight to eat, the world have certainly gone mad !

in that case tell the missus I'll be around at 7.00 for dinner ...