Money changers in Pattaya

Briggsy

6 years ago (a lifetime in ever-changing Pattaya) I used to use the money changer on Soi Buakhao near the bends as you come from Central Road opposite Witherspoons. It was an independent and very reliable. Conveniently just round the back there was a branch of Siam Commercial. From Google Maps, it looks like both have gone.

Can anybody suggest a money changer in Pattaya, preferably but not necessarily close to a Siam Commercial. Reliability is the key.

Independents used to offer slightly better rates than the bank booths.

I just had a look at their website. It looks like there is a branch in Big C Central Pattaya which would suit me perfectly.

Do they all offer the same rates or am I better going to the Head Office in Na Kleua?

Just now, champers said:

Beware of exchange booths in yellow and black which look very like TT ones but aren't. Their rates are higher.

How do these copies badge themselves up?

18 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

I just had a look at their website. It looks like there is a branch in Big C Central Pattaya which would suit me perfectly.

Do they all offer the same rates or am I better going to the Head Office in Na Kleua?

I don't think there's one in Central but there is one on corner of soi 8 and 2nd road, so about 20 meters from central.

They normally all have same rate as they publish it on Facebook every morning around 10-11 am (but do update during the day if big changes)

https://www.facebook.com/share/SdejgSyaCzdXyfkx/

Edited by Pattaya57

34 minutes ago, BigStar said:

No, the rates can vary slightly according to branch. 

Yeah but it only differs by a very small amount that a Tourist shouldn't really care about.

I walk beach road, 2nd road and bukhao most days and for some reason the TT near the Avenue is always highest. But we're talking only 5 baht on A$100, like 22.20 vs 22.15 (so about 20 cents difference on A$100)

Edited by Pattaya57