Cannabis Extracts Face Stricter Controls Amid Regulatory Shift

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai Public Health Ministry announced plans to tighten regulations on cannabis and hemp extracts, which are classified as Type 5 narcotics. This move, approved by the cabinet, aims to regulate the production, import, export, sale, and possession of these substances more stringently.

More like stay as they are... buy what you want on every street corner for personal use.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. The "burgeoning" in the "burgeoning sector" worth billions of baht is NOT in the "medical, commercial, industrial and scientific research...." area. It's in the recreation use market. This is Thaksin. Thailand will be much better off when this man dies.

100% agree with the 'This is Thaksin' and the next bit about dying. No recreational marijuana and I will be returning to Laos and Cambodia where it is readily available for my winter break next year. How to bugger up a country!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

More like stay as they are... buy what you want on every street corner for personal use.

I think recreational use needs to be legal but regulated. Not difficult. Same goes for vapes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spock said:

100% agree with the 'This is Thaksin' and the next bit about dying. No recreational marijuana and I will be returning to Laos and Cambodia where it is readily available for my winter break next year. How to bugger up a country!

It was, and will be, readily available in Thailand. The only difference is the legality issue. And as far as I understand this article is about extracts, not flowers.

1 hour ago, Spock said:

For reference:

Make no mistake about it. Smoking marijuana is illegal in Cambodia. If you do it publicly, you're liable to get stopped by police, and probably be charged a hefty fine.

March 2024 

A police crackdown resulted in 400 fresh marijuana plants being discovered on a remote cashew plantation.

Yes, cannabis may be available on the streets but not every street corner these days. There is a very proactive anti-drugs campaign at the moment ordered by the new PM Hun Manet.

"Prime Minister Hun Manet commended the proactive efforts of law enforcement, relevant institutions and authorities in the ongoing fight against drug-related crimes, citing notable achievements. 

He made these remarks while presiding over the launch of the ninth campaign against drug crimes, spanning from January 1 to December 31, which officially began on January 11. (2024)

https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/2024-drug-crime-campaign-prioritises-national-wellness