Notifications not working properly

CallumWK

Usually when you receive a notification of a reaction or reply to a post, you would click on the notification, and it would take you to the post in question.

Lately when clicking on the notification it will take you to anywhere in the thread, but certainly not to your post

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Yep same here....very annoying.

Also the TOPICS feed is now on the LHS of the screen....have I switched that over by accident?

Yes this change seems to have happened today.......probably just have to get used to it......:whistling:

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lately when clicking on the notification it will take you to anywhere in the thread, but certainly not to your post - YES, same here. Very inconvenient.

TOPICS feed is now on the LHS of the screen - Does not really bother me. In fact, seems better.

Like the Green up arrow, cant we have a down arrow too?

Edited by ravip

8 minutes ago, ravip said:

Like the Green up arrow, cant we have a down arrow too?

Use the cursor buttons on your keyboard = much easier. Or mouse on the grey rectangle on the rights, same as any Windows page.

The Green button is HOME ie. back to the top. HOME on your keyboard does the same.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Use the cursor buttons on your keyboard = much easier. Or mouse on the grey rectangle on the rights, same as any Windows page.

The Green button is HOME ie. back to the top. HOME on your keyboard does the same.

Thank you. Fn+End too does the same job - but one click on an arrow, is easier! :wink:

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, ravip said:

Thank you. Fn+End too does the same job - but one click on an arrow, is easier! :wink:

All depends on whether you prefer to use the mouse or keyboard.  The Green arrow only takes you back to the top, HOME, no good if you want t se a previous post a bit further up the page. Mouse wheel does the same as cursor.

Fn+End takes you to the bottom of the page.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Agree 1

On 10/10/2024 at 7:15 AM, CallumWK said:

Usually when you receive a notification of a reaction or reply to a post, you would click on the notification, and it would take you to the post in question.

Lately when clicking on the notification it will take you to anywhere in the thread, but certainly not to your post

I don't have this problem.

In the notification, be sure to click on the topic title, not on the day or the date or the time below the notification.

8 hours ago, Puccini said:

I don't have this problem.

In the notification, be sure to click on the topic title, not on the day or the date or the time below the notification.

I think the entire notification is just one link - it does not matter where you click on a particular notification.

Just hover on one notification, you will see the entire notification highlight (Please correct me if I am wrong).

This problem still exists.