Are You A Sexpat Or Do You Ride The Backwards Morality Train?

2 minutes ago, NowNow said:

One such woman offered me a price of one baht to have sex with her. Her foreigner partner provided an apartment in Jomtien. Obviously he wasn't around.

You have a point. I know this Thai lady a popular beach town with a Danish boyfriend who bought her a tailor shop and a restaurant.

When the chap is not around, the tailor shop is rarely open, the work poorly done and service is average.

When he is around sitting inside the shop keeping an eye on things, the work is done seriously and in time,  the shop is open as she is not recovering from the previous night's party hangover or even boumboum who knows.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, NowNow said:

One such woman offered me a price of one baht to have sex with her. Her foreigner partner provided an apartment in Jomtien. Obviously he wasn't around.

Ridiculous.

• Agree 2

48 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You do know what promiscuous means, right?

Fair to say bargirls are promiscuous.

many of them in the thousands. 
There are plenty of desperate men that will pay them to be a full time “girlfriend”

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, NowNow said:

So she was a disease free virgin.....?

Edited by Will B Good
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I don't agree with this. Many people are in legitimate relationships. 

Legitimate relationships which include sex with a local woman.

Those who do the locals and don’t live here are called sex tourists.

Many start of as sex tourists and get caught up and move to the full time sexpat status.

Many are in denial that they are either.

Edited by MalcolmB
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I don't agree with this. Many people are in legitimate relationships. 

As opposed to illegitimate relationships ?   And just who decides whether a relationship is legitimate or not?

Oh silly me , that would be you presumably.  

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

As opposed to illegitimate relationships ?   And just who decides whether a relationship is legitimate or not?

Oh silly me , that would be you presumably.  

I mean a relationship that actually IS a relationship. Rather than just choosing someone you can afford.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Those who do the locals and don’t live here are called sex tourists.

Many start of as sex tourists and get caught up and move to the full time sexpat status.

Many are in denial that they are either.

Are there not some who upon reaching advanced years , throttle back a bit and act in a part time capacity. I would hesitate to claim full time status,  modesty forbids

15 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Of course she does, you support her financially.

I have a girlfriend. I don't need to 'pull women', but I still meet new women all the time, but say no. You wouldn't understand. Women can see certain things in men if the men have that quality. 

It's very rare women are NOT supported financially, either in Thailand or otherwise. It's just considerably less expensive here.

If I had 1000 baht for every keyboard warrior claiming to have "game" or whatever term is used w.r.to women, I'd be driving the current 7 series BMW. Or Tesla, in a bow to the EV enthusiasts.

But keep on meeting these tens, and knocking them back. You've already excused yourself from posting photos as proof.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

What is wrong with that? Again, if a Thai man goes to England and marries and Englishwoman, has he become a sexpat?

Your minds become so corrupted that you no longer have balance.

2 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I mean a relationship that actually IS a relationship. Rather than just choosing someone you can afford.

Any prolonged interaction with another person could be classed as a relationship, whether one can afford it or not.  In fact it begs the question , how do you know whether you can afford it or not if you have no idea of the price?

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

It's very rare women are NOT supported financially, either in Thailand or otherwise. It's just considerably less expensive here.

If I had 1000 baht for every keyboard warrior claiming to have "game" or whatever term is used w.r.to women, I'd be driving the current 7 series BMW. Or Tesla, in a bow to the EV enthusiasts.

But keep on meeting these tens, and knocking them back. You've already excused yourself from posting photos as proof.

No, it is not very rare. That's just your world and your experience. You made poor choices You obviously have not ever had a German nor Scandinavian partner. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Any prolonged interaction with another person could be classed as a relationship, whether one can afford it or not.  In fact it begs the question , how do you know whether you can afford it or not if you have no idea of the price?

I connect with people on a different level than "how much?"

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, 123Stodg said:

How many judgmental posts have I read here on AN where one poster accuses another of being a sexpat, a monger, trying to get a leg over, etc. 

Really? All these people judging others from their glass houses. So petty. Who cares what other people do and what they come to Thailand for? You do you and forget the rest. 

When I first came here everyone was either a drunk, a shagger, a spook, a teacher, a backpacker, a property agent, a fugitive, an arms dealer, a movie producer or all of the above wrapped into one. Nobody cared what anyone else did. If you called someone in Bangkok a sexpat back in the eighties then they probably would have been flattered. It wasn't even a word!

Then the place started to gentrify around Y2K, the morality police showed up in the form of Westerners that saw it fitting to start calling other foreigners names and attaching labels. Back then nobody even pretended to be in Thailand for the temples, the markets, the elephants, the culture, etc. Couldn't be arsed, nor did anyone have anything to hide. 

So now you got lots of desperados on AN that are tarring others with a dirty brush when they in fact might be doing even worse things themselves. Or maybe they are hoping to, but can't because they made the mistake of getting married too quickly. A sack of armchair critics who get a kick out of trolling others to see if they can trigger someone by calling them a sex tourist whenever anyone admits to enjoying the night life in Thailand. 

Give it all up already FFS. Don't be one of those minging geezers who can's stop himself from judging others for what they choose to do with their own bodies in the hub of nightlife.

You completely miss the point.There never was any problem with expatriates taking full advantage of the sexual delights that Thailand had to offer.We remember the 1960's and 1970's with pleasure.

The term "sexpat" arose in the 1990's to describe a particular type of  foreigner.Distinguishing features (not always present in same person) : ill-educated, obese, culturally deficient, tattooed , fat, ugly provincial accent, football loving, beer swilling, Pattaya obsessed.

Sound familiar?

12 hours ago, 123Stodg said:

came here everyone was...

When did you come, because I don't 'fit' any of your list. I came here on a work contract... I met my future wife after being here 1-1/3 year. We married 2-1/2 years later. Quit generalizing and worrying about what people do or don't do here.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I can send you privately if you promise to not share and to delete promptly afterwards. But would it make you feel better? I think you would feel even worse.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jayboy said:

You completely miss the point.There never was any problem with expatriates taking full advantage of the sexual delights that Thailand had to offer.We remember the 1960's and 1970's with pleasure.

The term "sexpat" arose in the 1990's to describe a particular type of  foreigner.Distinguishing features (not always present in same person) : ill-educated, obese, culturally deficient, tattooed , fat, ugly provincial accent, football loving, beer swilling, Pattaya obsessed.

Sound familiar?

The term "sexpat" was almost certainly coined by a man hating bull dyke of a western feminist.  It applies to anybody travelling abroad for the purpose of having sex with a foreign woman

The "distinguishing features" you mention were not part of the original description.   those adjectives have been added by other sexpats ( like @NowNow)    in a pathetic attempt to set themselves up on their  moralising soapbox . and distance themselves from others who actually have more in common with him than he cares to admit 

human beings are not rabbits.

we need emotional connections and bonds with people.

not just sex.

the worst though is fake marriages, people who get married only for money.

P4P is one step above that.

but try to find love if you can. 

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

The term "sexpat" was almost certainly coined by a man hating bull dyke of a western feminist.  It applies to anybody travelling abroad for the purpose of having sex with a foreign woman

The "distinguishing features" you mention were not part of the original description.   those adjectives have been added by other sexpats ( like @NowNow)    in a pathetic attempt to set themselves up on their  moralising soapbox . and distance themselves from others who actually have more in common with him than he cares to admit 

I don't have anything in common with filthy sexpats who inhabit bars. What evidence do you have that I'm a sexpat? You have nothing. Just a perfect example of you trying to drag people down to your level.

• Haha 1

Just now, save the frogs said:

human beings are not rabbits.

we need emotional connections and bonds with people.

not just sex.

the worst though is fake marriages, people who get married only for money.

P4P is one step above that.

but try to find love if you can. 

That's the point. These people have burned their bridges and don't have any emotional connection with anyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, NowNow said:

That's the point. These people have burned their bridges and don't have any emotional connection with anyone.

maybe most of the girls are like that.

maybe if you have sex with too many people, you lose the ability to have any emotional bond.

5 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I don't have anything in common with filthy sexpats who inhabit bars. What evidence do you have that I'm a sexpat? You have nothing. Just a perfect example of you trying to drag people down to your level.

The  evidence  about you is there for all to see, ie your continual and pathetic denials.  Now perhaps in the great legal tradition, you would like to disclose the evidence you have regarding me and everybody else you feel fit to criticise,