Sebastian Stan Defends Trump Film: 'He Should Be Grateful' for Its Complex Portrayal

Social Media

5 hours ago, bendejo said:

"I hate Obamacare, I want absolutely nothing to with it!  This ACA (Affordable Healthcare Act) sounds pretty good."

This is the sentiment of a lot of DT supporters.  It doesn't make sense to you?  Ah, then you are not a MAGA fan.

The cheapest obamacare health insurance, a bronze plan, would have cost me $1,200.00 a month, could have only been used in 5 states, I needed permission from the insurance company before I could see any doctor, had a $12,000.00 yearly deductible, and would have only covered me and not my wife.   The bronze health insurance plan did not cover medication.  That would have been an extra monthly cost.

So I kept the insurance I had when I retired, which I am now paying about $850.00 a month for, which covers my wife and I anywhere in the world, for any illness.  My wife can see any doctor she wants, any time she wants, without getting permission from the health insurance first.   I forget what the deductible is and my wife has a copay of about $25 -$30.00 per visit.    

I am covered by Medicare first and my health insurance second, but only in the United States.   I use my health insurance in Thailand as does my wife.    I pay nothing for medical treatment, just the monthly payments.  If Medicare does not pay for it, then the health insurance does.   

The health insurance also covers medication.   A three month supply of a prescribed medication costs me $10.00 for meds and $10.00 for shipping when sent to me from the mail pharmacy.   That includes a medicine that cost me $350.00 for a 14 day supply when I forgot to renew it through the health insurance mail pharmacy.   If I were living in Thailand, the mail pharmacy would charge me more than $10.00 for shipping I think.