Welcome To Our Newest Sponsor

Buckwheat

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats great!

No more "Villa Runs" to Bangkok!

There are 6 of us who took turns going 1 time per month each to stock up.

Will they do phone in orders in Pattaya with delivery, same as they do in Bangkok?

Welcome to the Pattaya Forums newest sponsor Villa Market

Villa will be opening soon on Second Road and all who were making trips to Villa Bangkok for those "hard to get" items will have them right here in Pattaya.

Welcome to Villa Market!

Where exactly on second?

Any idea when it will open?

Cheers

According to Villa, the current plan is for the grand opening by mid-September.

Also, the current plan is to have call in orders with delivery service within the local Pattaya area.

Villa representatives are monitoring this thread and have received the request for grape Nuts cereal too!

Yippee! Thanks for the heads up Buckwheat.

Grape nuts check

Woody's cooking sauce I can only hope

Maker's Mark Bourbon I can only pray

orange flower water that would be great

Rosa Rita refried beans now I am dreaming

Dried Pasilla and Ancho can dreams come true?

Laura Scudder's Natural Peanut Butter long shot

until mid sept, I will dream a little dream for me

kdf

She who runs with scissors just came in with a partial list of her requests:

B&M baked beans

Wheat Thins

Walnuts

Cheerios

Of course grape nuts

Koon Chee Hoisen Sauce

Bremner Wafers

hope springs infernal

I especially like the vast selection of Mexican food items to be found in that store. Taco shells in a bubble pack that you cant get anywhere else (no breakage), taco sauces unavailable in any other store, good sour cream (not the foremost crap), all kinds of tortillas (corn and flour), mixes for guacamole, mexi rice, enchiladas, salsa, quesadillas. I could go on and on. Nobody has this stuff: not Foodland, Tops, Carre Four, Tesco, Big C. I mean nobody

How about jalepeno peppers.

Barry

Welcome Villa Market! So happy to have you here.

Important Note to Villa Market Managers:

Please stock the classic American breakfast cereal GRAPE NUTS CEREAL (not grape nut FLAKES).

I guarantee you will sell lots of it. Posters in Bangkok claim they have seen this product in your stores there. I have checked many times and never see it. So either they are mistaken, or you don't stock enough of it on your shelves (people grab it up).

post-37101-1186380815_thumb.jpg

I count myself lucky to live in Sukhumvit Soi 6 in Bangkok, and therefore almost equidistant from TWO branches of Villa. Having a place in Pattaya too, I'm delighted they're opening up down here. Still can't find any indication of a date . . . . oops, see it now - mid-September!

I can confirm - they DO stock Grape Nuts cereal.

G

Edited by grtaylor

OK, I doubt this will happen, but Thailand needs MATZOHS! (Unleavened Jewish ceremonial "bread")

We already have BURRITOS, so MATZOHS are the logical next step, nu?

They are not just for that special holiday. They are wonderful tasting low fat crackers for year round (great with peanut butter and/or jelly on top) and also for matzoh brei, a breakfast food (you soak in egg and fry em).

post-37101-1186850082_thumb.jpg

post-37101-1186850557.jpg

post-37101-1186850694_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jingthing

OK, I doubt this will happen, but Thailand needs MATZOHS! (Unleavened Jewish ceremonial "bread")

We already have BURRITOS, so MATZOHS are the logical next step, nu?

They are not just for that special holiday. They are wonderful tasting low fat crackers for year round (great with peanut butter and/or jelly on top) and also for matzoh brei, a breakfast food (you soak in egg and fry em).

post-37101-1186850082_thumb.jpg

post-37101-1186850557.jpg

post-37101-1186850694_thumb.jpg

I never liked them. In fact they taste like the crust on Italian pizzas to me - boring and tasteless - which is why I don't like them.

For breakfast, I rather have some southern-style grits with butter, salt and pepper! Delish!

Wow, this is great news.

I've been making "Villa Runs" for over a year to stock up on bagels and other items that Foodland and Friendship don't carry.

Since Villa is actively monitoring this thread, please carry Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper. I've seen these before at the Sukumvit Soi 11 store. They're import items, so they're not cheap, but when you need something besides Pepsi or Sprite, its worth the extra cost!

post-7935-1187017748_thumb.jpg

post-7935-1187017762_thumb.jpg

How about Beer Lao? I don't understand why I can't go to any market, 7-11, Costco, Villa, what have you and buy Beer Lao. Is it because it is so much better than any of the local competition that they know if it was in the markets they would be in deep doo doo? The absence of this obviously superior local product certainly has nothing to do with supply and demand. There is a huge demand but no supply. Villa, can you help?

Edited by Jingthing

post-32989-1187036128.jpgpost-32989-1187036154_thumb.jpg

Please Please !

Jim from Sa Kaeo

I whole heartedly 2nd the motion for Kraft Velveeta Cheese. Every person coming here from the USA or the Philippines that contact me, is asked to bring the Velveeta and Hershey plain chocolate bars. Also Kraft Creamy French Dressing if they can find it. I know, I expect to be blasted by "real" cheese affecionados (sp?) about the Velveeta, but growing up poor, that was one food item we nearly always had available and we got used to eating the good old "plastic velveeta cheese". Thanks for reminding me Jim. The sweet pickle relish would also be great if I could only find some really good hot dogs! :o

Edited by jeepholt

I see Carrefour are preparing for the soon to arrive competition , just got back from shopping and apart from a general decline in service and standards over the last few months I now see that facemasks on food counters seem to have gone and a gloved hand ( only one) is now an option if the staff member feels like putting it on and if worn is never on the hand that actualy picks up the ham or whatever and places it on the machine , there was a girl there skinning the plastic coating off the suasages/frankfurters with a pair of scissors but she was having some trouble so seemed to be having more luck picking the skin off bit by bit with her long nails, I was looking to buy some but for some reason changed my mind, I have never been to Villa but I am hoping they have better standards when they open.

Edited by dogit

I see Carrefour are preparing for the soon to arrive competition , just got back from shopping and apart from a general decline in service and standards over the last few months I now see that facemasks on food counters seem to have gone and a gloved hand ( only one) is now an option if the staff member feels like putting it on and if worn is never on the hand that actualy picks up the ham or whatever and places it on the machine , there was a girl there skinning the plastic coating off the suasages/frankfurters with a pair of scissors but she was having some trouble so seemed to be having more luck picking the skin off bit by bit with her long nails, I was looking to buy some but for some reason changed my mind, I have never been to Villa but I am hoping they have better standards when they open.

What do you mean - Villa and Carrefour like chalk and cheese :D

not only can we now look forward to great food great service from VILLA but I

can simultaneously tell the buffoons at Carrefour to shove their items up their derier :D

Sacré bleu ! Their attitude to regular customers has been atrocious !

Areuvoir Carrefour and let me assure you it has not been a pleasant experience

shopping at your store :o

The best thing about this thread, and I live in Bangkok, is that we can request directly to Villa what we want and desire, ok, food wise.....maybe they could open up something on their website for this kind of thing

Edited by jEFFREYk44

What do you mean - Villa and Carrefour like chalk and cheese :D

not only can we now look forward to great food great service from VILLA but I

can simultaneously tell the buffoons at Carrefour to shove their items up their derier :D

Sacré bleu ! Their attitude to regular customers has been atrocious !

Areuvoir Carrefour and let me assure you it has not been a pleasant experience

shopping at your store :o

Like I said never been to a Villa store, but by what everyone is saying it seems it should be a better experience than crappyfour

I'll be watching with interest what their wine range will be. :o

You can find an extensive list of wines here :D

The links are a bit iffy Bucko.

The link seems to be working better today Doc.

:D

On another issue, I hope that they provide adequate parking facilities... it's one thing to provide plenty of foodstuff that expats want to buy, but lugging it back to the car from the supermarket is also a consideration when shopping.

I'll be watching with interest what their wine range will be. :o

You can find an extensive list of wines here :D

The links are a bit iffy Bucko.

The link seems to be working better today Doc.

:D

On another issue, I hope that they provide adequate parking facilities... it's one thing to provide plenty of foodstuff that expats want to buy, but lugging it back to the car from the supermarket is also a consideration when shopping.

Villa plans to provide call in orders and delivery service to your home.

Stay tuned!

Villa plans to provide call in orders and delivery service to your home.

Stay tuned!

Now that sounds great... any idea of the distance range yet?

I'm outside the generally accepted Pattaya city area.