Welcome To Our Newest Sponsor

Buckwheat

:o

On another issue, I hope that they provide adequate parking facilities... it's one thing to provide plenty of foodstuff that expats want to buy, but lugging it back to the car from the supermarket is also a consideration when shopping.

I parked in the "multi-story" car park yesterday, hope Villa have separate parking? it's atrocious, full already, and tight! for anyone with a bigger car, be some scrapes on those walls!!!

Cheers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they bake fresh bagels, at reasonable prices. I hate paying like 42 baht for ONE BAGEL at Au Bon Pan... once I bought the imported frozen ones from Australia at Friendship, like 260 baht for a bag of six bad FROZEN bagels.

They should be about 20 baht each, maximum.

And I hope they carry my favorite vegetable, jicama... i've never seen them for sale in Thailand...

And it would be nice if they had a place inside to sit down and eat, like a deli, sort of like the way TOPS (pattaya klang) has it.

And a fresh juice bar would be good too.

And how about like super-fresh meat, where they actually slaughter the cows right there, in the back, and chop off the chicken heads while you wait.

And GOOD QUALITY fresh shrimp would be nice too... not so easy to find here.

I hope they also have some kind of loyalty/fidelity program, like Tops has.

And I hope they accept American Express, like Carrefour does.

And I hope they have air conditioned bathrooms, rather than being told to go outside into some parking lot, with open air stalls, like at a sleezy roadside gas station. And I hope they have brick or stone walls between the toilet stalls, so no one can cut holes into thin plywood "walls", like at other malls around town I've seen.

And how about occasional free samples of overpriced European cheeses...

And how about LARGE sizes of products... A can of Prego sauce is like 50 baht, and I saw in Bangkok, they had a large can of the SAME stuff, THREE TIMES THE SIZE CONTENT, and it was only 90 baht. A girl likes a bargain.

I think they know what they are doing, and I welcome the new competition.

What do you think of my new SPINNING avatar? Love it!

Edited by Weho

IAnd how about like super-fresh meat, where they actually slaughter the cows right there, in the back, and chop off the chicken heads while you wait.

And I hope they accept American Express, like Carrefour does.

And I hope they have air conditioned bathrooms, rather than being told to go outside into some parking lot, with open air stalls, like at a sleezy roadside gas station. And I hope they have brick or stone walls between the toilet stalls, so no one can cut holes into thin plywood "walls", like at other malls around town I've seen.

And how about occasional free samples of overpriced European cheeses...

Freshly-slaughtered meat - usually only kosher or halal meat is eaten straight away - it's much tougher than meat that's allowed to hang for a time.

Are you applying for the job of chicken slaughterer?

American Express charge shops much more than other credit card companies - that is why so few businesses in SE Asia accept it. Other cards charge the consumer who uses them - Amex charge both consumer and supplier, but not so much to the consumer.

Surely you will only be a few steps from your own priivate bathroom - I virtually never use public toilets in any place where I am staying.

The give-aways should be on Australian cheeses, not the excellent European varieties.

I'll be watching with interest what their wine range will be. :o

..and with the wine shop that used to be in Tipp Plaza just next door, there will be healthy competition!

Hey never been Villa b4, do they stock Olives?...and Feta cheeses? Oh salivating on my mouse, sorry mouse.

DECENT olives would be great! Have seen them so far only at Best in 2nd Road and Carrefour (by all fairness!), never at Foodland. Fetamade from sheep milk I never saw in Thailand...