extension of non-o visa (retirement) with 11 months left until expiry of British passport

I understand that provided my British passport has at least 6 months validity left when I apply for an extension for retirement visa (this will be my fourth such stamp and I will have 11 months left on the passport), Samut Prakan will issue the extension up until the expiry date of the passport. I realise that all future extensions will be based on that new date, which isn't a problem. Can anyone confirm please that my understanding is correct? Thanks in advance 

2 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

I have read the same many times and it seems to be the case.  Of course the only issue to consider is if wanting to travel in the last 6 months or not, if staying put then no problems. 

thanks. won't be travelling so not an issue and in any case will be applying for new British passport within the next three months and requesting the transfer of visa, so all good (I hope)

1 minute ago, campbell said:

thanks. won't be travelling so not an issue and in any case will be applying for new British passport within the next three months and requesting the transfer of visa, so all good (I hope)

Not a problem for transfer of visa information and stamps.

In your OP you are correct and the expiry for extension will be same as expiry of pp..

Some countries have the "6 month rule" however you don't plan travel out of Thailand. No issue.

7 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

I have read the same many times and it seems to be the case.  Of course the only issue to consider is if wanting to travel in the last 6 months or not, if staying put then no problems. 

Although not relevant for the OP as he's said he's not travelling, one thing to watch out for when you have a UK passport is that for travel to the EU it must be less than 10 years old.

I.E. if (like me) you renewed your previous passport 7 months early, you wouldn't be able to get into the EU with 6 months remaining on it as the passport would be 10 years & 1 month old.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/entry-exit/non-eu-nationals/index_en.htm

OP: If you're in the Pattaya area then I'd recommend going to Thai Visa Express https://thaivisa-express.com/ for 12,000B (Includes a Jumbo Passport) they'll do it all for you without you having to go to Bangkok Twice  & for an extra 1,000B they'll transfer over your visa/extension/re-entry permits... 

Edited by Mike Teavee

7 minutes ago, campbell said:

You might want to leave the new passport a little while.  The UK no longer adds extra months to the expiry date in the case of early renewal.

12 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

for 12,000B (Includes a Jumbo Passport) they'll do it all for you without you having to go to Bangkok Twice  & for an extra 1,000B they'll transfer over your visa/extension/re-entry permits

Nice deal imo.

For once I can compliment Oz pp renewal in that you can do the entire process online, apart from posting to Oz embassy Bangkok.

If located in Pattaya and renewing UK pp I would be using the deal you mentioned 

• Like 1