Anyone done a Retirement Visa (O or OA) Online recently?

It seems now we have to apply for a retirement visa online, via The Thai Evisa Official website - https://www.thaievisa.go.th/

Has anyone done this recently whilst in your home country?

How was the procedure - Smooth & clear?

How long did it take for your visa to be approved.

Thank you in advance for the info.

Did a non O retirement in Australia in March. Very easy and visa sent by email in 3 days.

All I needed was to upload scans of:

- Passport ID page

- passport photo

- Aus bank statement

- proof of address in Aus (I used drivers licence)

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Would help if you listed your home country. 

@Pattaya57 applied for a non O based on retirement eVisa while in AU.

Will post his experience at some point. 

Would help if you listed your home country - Sri Lanka

Will post his experience at some point - Thank you

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Did a non O retirement in Australia in March. Very easy and visa sent by email in 3 days.

All I needed was to upload scans of:

- Passport ID page

- passport photo

- Aus bank statement

- proof of address in Aus (I used drivers licence)

- Aus bank statement? Not the THB 800,000 in a Thai Bank?

4 minutes ago, ravip said:

- Aus bank statement? Not the THB 800,000 in a Thai Bank?

No, you can show the equivalent off 800k baht in your home bank.

However, if you happen to have a Thai bank account with 800k in it then you could show that instead.

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

No, you can show the equivalent off 800k baht in your home bank.

However, if you happen to have a Thai bank account with 800k in it then you could show that instead.

Thank you. That's good. As I do have 800k in my BKK Bank Account. Will they email me a statement (if I request via the Mobile App) - which the immigration will accept?

1 minute ago, ravip said:

Thank you. That's good. As I do have 800k in my BKK Bank Account. Will they email me a statement (if I request via the Mobile App) - which the immigration will accept?

I don't know about Bangkok Bank but I used an app generated statement from my Australia bank no problems. 

For info, my Krungsri Bank app gives a bank statement which I download/copy from the app so don't need bank to email me a statement.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ravip said:

Bangkok Bank will email you a statement... Click on "More Services" bottom right hand corner of the mobile app, then "Request Account Statement" - Can't quite request a 1 year statement (e.g. I can order one now from 1st November 2023) but am sure you only need 3 months anyway (Maybe best to get 4 as you can't pick the starting day, it always starts from 1st of the month).

Do note that BKK Bank Statements do not include your address but as long as you're not using it for proof of address you should be ok.

As a test I just requested a statement from November 2023, took approx. 5 minutes...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Bangkok Bank will email you a statement... Click on "More Services" bottom right hand corner of the mobile app, then "Request Account Statement" - Can't quite request a 1 year statement (e.g. I can order one now from 1st November 2023) but am sure you only need 3 months anyway (Maybe best to get 4 as you can't pick the starting day, it always starts from 1st of the month).

Do note that BKK Bank Statements do not include your address but as long as you're not using it for proof of address you should be ok.

As a test I just requested a statement from November 2023, took approx. 5 minutes...

Does Immigration not want Statements with the official bank stamp and signature?

Mine at Phitsanulok does.

• Like 1