Grand Filano UpGrade, Overhaul, or New Model? Need More Power after 46k

Reboring a single cylinder doesn't get you much plus the added stress to already time-worn components like the crank shaft and bearings may be too much.  If the rest of the bike is in very good shape, I wonder how much a brand new engine would be?

Pricy, but doesn't Vespa and some of the other Italian scooter manufacturers make higher displacement scooters with a configuration similar to the Filano?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised with your shoulder you can carry so much stuff, never even seen Thais carry so much... 😜 👍🏻

Forget doing any upgrade to Filano, even an easy lighter rollers change won't make it much better. Nmax surely gives more power, I have seen Aerox on same 155cc engine race me on Forza...! Although at lower speeds... 

Xmax is the answer to all your issues, can carry a lot more load on that too, and up the hills with ease..., but to make sure the shoulder can cope rent one for a few days and try.

A used 2 or 3 years old with 10-15k km mileage will be cheaper than new and still under warranty, rides like new ..., I think Yamaha gives 5 years warranty unlike stingy Honda...!? 

• Haha 1