What comes after election day (unless Trump wins the electoral college)

Jingthing

If Ttump wins the electoral college even though it may quite possibly take days or weeks to determine that, VP Harris will quickly concede her defeat just as Hillary Clinton did. 

But in my view VP Harris will win the electoral college, probably narrowly, possibly widely. 

In that case, the "fun" will just be beginning.

Be prepared for a historic level of unrest AFTER election day, because if Trump loses the electoral college, that's what we're in for.

This is real. It's been quite apparent to anyone paying attention for a very long time.

I can't take anyone seriously that thinks Trump will just concede a loss and not fight to overturn a losing result. 

That is IMPOSSIBLE.

Consider this the first (albeit premature) POST election day political topic here.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If Ttump wins the electoral college

then I will be worried about you Jingthing. I hope you have somebody looking after you in the critical hours of the election. 

3 minutes ago, CHdiver said:

then I will be worried about you Jingthing. I hope you have somebody looking after you in the critical hours of the election. 

I've already self deported and I think I have already accepted if my countrymen democratically elect a fascist Dictator King that I will resign myself to that tragic result. But if Trump takes power after losing, that's another story.

• Agree 2

Expanding on the point about what happens if Trump loses but manages to take power anyway, I think the mainstream assumption is that he will fail in doing that. HOPEFULLY SO!

But even with failing there will be lots of unrest the details of which are impossible to predict.

But the black hole question for me is what if he succeeds?

Surely there would be some kind of resistance movement to fight that even after he takes power.

Yes he would deploy the national guard even the military to arrest such people (remember what happened in Turkiye?) but would it really be so easy to put that down?