Suella Braverman Backs Robert Jenrick for Tory Leadership: A Clear Path Forward

Social Media

image.png

At this crucial juncture, our party stands at a crossroads, but I am confident that, with the right leadership, we can meet the moment. Leadership contests give us the opportunity to reflect, renew, and move forward. Both Kemi Badenoch and Robert Jenrick have stepped up to the plate, not merely out of personal ambition but from a profound sense of duty to the party and the country. Their determination to tackle the challenges before us is evident, and I believe either of them would lead with distinction.

As we navigate these testing times, it’s critical that our next leader embodies the values, vision, and authenticity needed to steer Britain through the storm. In recent years, we've not always struck the right balance. We all share responsibility for the missed opportunities following the 2019 election, but we cannot dwell on past mistakes. Our party has proven time and again that when united behind a compelling vision, we can rebuild, inspire, and lead. We can do it again.

Kemi and Robert have demonstrated an acute understanding of the pressing issues facing our nation: immigration, economic growth, policing, and national identity. These aren't mere political talking points but critical issues that impact the daily lives of people across the country. It’s essential that we address these challenges honestly and openly. Too often, we’ve avoided or diluted tough conversations. Our voters expect transparency, and they deserve it. This is how we will reclaim our place as the voice of the hardworking, patriotic majority. We must reject half-measures and decline management. Instead, our vision must be bold, anchored in the values that have always strengthened our party: responsibility, fairness, and opportunity for all.

We cannot rely on Labour’s weaknesses to carry us forward. Yes, Labour is faltering, and Keir Starmer’s leadership is uninspiring, but we must guard against complacency. The political landscape is shifting rapidly, and we must adapt. While the challenges we face are daunting, we have overcome adversity before. With the right leader, we will do it again. The trust of the British people is something that we must earn through action, not rhetoric.

One of the key issues that has caused disillusionment among our supporters is our failure to control legal migration and halt the small boats. This is a matter central to our nation’s future, and we must offer clear, decisive solutions. Before we can expand our support, we need to rebuild trust with our core voters by proving that we are serious about tackling the global migration crisis.

For this reason, I am throwing my full support behind Robert Jenrick. He has laid out clear policies on defence, housing, economic growth, and energy, and his principled resignation from government was a bold statement of conviction. This is exactly the kind of leadership we need. Robert has presented a strong, unambiguous plan to address the issues that matter most to our voters, and he understands that leadership is about more than just vision; it requires the determination to see it through, even when the road is tough.

We cannot afford to be timid or hesitant. We need a leader with clarity, strength, and courage—someone who will face challenges head-on. Robert Jenrick is that leader. His proposal to reform migration policy by withdrawing from the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) and imposing visa caps is not just a necessity; it is the foundation upon which we can rebuild trust and win back voters who have lost faith. With my decades of experience working within these legal frameworks, from immigration barrister to Attorney General and Home Secretary, I am convinced that this is the responsible path forward.

Our party is at a turning point, but I am confident that with the right leadership, we can rise to the occasion. We’ve done it before, and we will do it again. With courage, conviction, and a clear sense of purpose, we can lead Britain into a new era of opportunity and prosperity. Robert Jenrick has the vision and resolve to take us there, and I believe he is the leader who can unite us and deliver the future Britain deserves.

Based on a report from the Daily Telegraph | X 2024-10-24

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

image.png