Shipping Possesion from New Zealand

London Boy

I was wondering if the experienced minds here I can help me? I left Auckland,  New Zealand for Bangkok all the way back in February 2014. I left in a bit of a rush and was unsure of my long term plans back then. (I'm originally from London, U.K, but was living and working in NZ between 2007-2014) Over 10 years on, I'm still in Bangkok. I rented my house in Auckland fully furnished and left all my personal in Tea Chests in the garage. During COVID the demand for fully furnished rented accommodation dried up (unfurnished is the norm in Auckland) and had to move everything into storage (which was costing me $300 NZ a month). I've recently managed to sell all the furniture and household items and just have 5 tea chests and a box full of personal documents left. I want to ship those over to Bangkok and get rid of the cost of storage in Auckland.

Can anyone recommend a reliable, cost effective shipping company from NZ to Thailand. There's no rush for these items, so sea mail is fine.

I'm not going to ever live in Auckland again, although I'm keeping the house in case my daughter ever wants to attend Auckland Uni.

Thanks in advance.

There is an exemption of customs duties on household goods if you're moving to Thailand.  There are a couple of issues that may prevent you from taking advantage of it.

There is a limit of time after you move here that your later shipped goods would be eligible for the exemption.

When my Thai wife and I moved here the company handling the Thai customs paperwork said the goods should be shipped under my wife's name as it was easier.

We had no problem with customs as our goods followed us with only about 3 weeks delay.  We had to pay duty on only a few things that were not considered household goods.... a step ladder and a box of basic automotive tools.  All our clothes, bedding, furniture, kitchen ware, lamps, computers, TV, stereo, pictures, rugs, etc. were duty free.

You probably should check with a customs brokerage firm for more reliable advice.  We used Boonma.  I only have a number for them in Chiang Mai, ‭0924856279‬.

PS.  I remembered emailing them so try this: inbound[at]boonma.com