Foreigner Wrecks Chiang Mai Stall After Smoking Ban Warning

webfact

6 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

That Thai "singer" you have taken a recent shine to hates foreigners,  he wouldn't p1$$ on you if you were on fire....just sayin

He started his band while studying abroad.

And you can’t really blame him with all these foreigners running around blowing smoke all over food stalls and telling Thais to F Off.

Back to the point, we should learn how to behave when we are guests in other countries or the locals will turn on us.

i remember Richard discussing a couple of incidents he was involved in with Thais.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

If I had of been there I would have stuck his head up his arse.

I hate men who bully women and will always help them.

which is exactly what the soi 6 boys were doing when they were given their touch up.

The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

You just impressed me so much...  I bet you're also black belt in something other than just bullshyitery...

... you must be so 'kin 'ard... here's what I reckon people say about you after meeting in person... 

- MalcolmB doesn’t do push-ups—he pushes the Earth down.

- When MalcolmB enters a room, gravity feels nervous.

- MalcolmB’s tears cure diseases—too bad he never cries.

- The Boogeyman checks his closet for MalcolmB before going to bed.

- MalcolmB counted to infinity—twice.

- When MalcolmB throws a grenade, it runs away before it explodes.

- MalcolmB can divide by zero and make it look easy.

- Fear of heights has a fear of MalcolmB.

- MalcolmB doesn't need keys—he just looks at a door and it unlocks.

- Time waits for no one, except MalcolmB.

- MalcolmB doesn’t wear a watch—he decides what time it is.

- When MalcolmB does a math problem, the numbers change to whatever he wants them to be.

- MalcolmB once kicked a horse in the chin—its descendants are now known as giraffes.

- MalcolmB doesn’t need a GPS—the Earth just adjusts itself to his location.

- MalcolmB doesn't sleep—he waits.

- When MalcolmB claps, volcanoes erupt in applause.

- MalcolmB once fought a bear—now it's known as Winnie the Pooh.

- MalcolmB can slam a revolving door.

- MalcolmB can speak braille—loudly.

- The sun sets because it doesn’t want to face MalcolmB.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I think I will apply for Thai citizenship as I will live out my days here.

Will be very beneficial, no more immigration, put land in my own name, 30 baht healthcare etc 

You'll fit right in... driving drunk... 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

You just impressed me so much...  I bet you're also black belt in something other than just bullshyitery...

Origami.

I personally find men who bully women abhorrent.

And when one of our own do it to the lovely Thai people, who have been so nice to me since I moved here, it upsets me and I feel ashamed.

Sorry if that upsets you. But it is the truth.

You need to harden up mate.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

That Thai "singer" you have taken a recent shine to hates foreigners,  he wouldn't p1$$ on you if you were on fire....just sayin

Why do people always get this saying wrong. It is I wouldn't p155 on his head if his hair was on fire.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Origami.

I personally find men who bully women abhorrent.

And when one of our own do it to the lovely Thai people, who have been so nice to me since I moved here, it upsets me and I feel ashamed.

Sorry if that upsets you. But it is the truth.

You need to harden up mate.

I'm less bigoted with my attitudes...    the nationality and gender is irrelevant when someone undeserving is getting bulled by another....

So, I don't choose to see what I want an ignore other aspects with bias an bigotry, I just see things for the way they are, whether thats a popular opinion or not.

From your statement it seems you'll quite happily accept a Thai attacking a woman, but if t was a foreigner then you'd get upset....  I agree with you, you should be ashamed. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

It's just a small, bitter handful of Brit-bashers like yourself who perpetuate this tiresome narrative.

Most others, fortunately, possess the intelligence to recognise that such behavior isn't indicative of all Brits.

You had better tell that to the Spainish.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

You had better tell that to the Spainish.

Indeed....  Particularly post Brexit, there is a very anti-British sentiment growing in Spain. 

I can't say I blame the Spanish at these areas though... the type of character who travels to Benidorm and Mallorca and the like for a holiday is not the sort of person I want to be associated with (thats my bigotry).

The drunken behavior is well documented - but, there is also an element of 'biting the hand that feeds you'....  These area's have profited massively from British Tourists, locals have got very rich... cheap holidays, cheap booze, cheap buffets etc...  absolute hell, but thats what the Spanish have attracted. 

The same could be said of area's of Pattaya that attract the drunk sex-pests....   we have the 'occasional netizen outrage' when some women wears a G-string near a temple, but other than that....  the Thai's are exceptionally tolerant because they are well aware of the need for tourism income, even in area's such as central Pattaya where high tourist footfall and over familiarity with less than wholesome attitudes lends to a certain degree of contempt amongst the locals (in those specific areas).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The drunken behavior is well documented - but, there is also an element of 'biting the hand that feeds you'....  These area's have profited massively from British Tourists, locals have got very rich

And they don’t want us for all the money in the world.

That is your problem I think, because you spend money in the Thai economy you think “they” owe you something and over estimate your importance.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed....  Particularly post Brexit, there is a very anti-British sentiment growing in Spain. 

The Spanish are protesting about the amount of tourists and how so many tourists are having a detrimental effect on their daily lives . 

They aren't protesting against British tourists , they are protesting against tourists (from all Countries)

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:
9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Spanish are protesting about the amount of tourists and how so many tourists are having a detrimental effect on their daily lives . 

They aren't protesting against British tourists , they are protesting against tourists (from all Countries)

Thats true... but I thin its also fair to suggest that the protests are also trigged to some extend by the behavior of tourists in those areas. 

IF the area's were just busy, but all tourists behaved so respectfully and politely, I suspect the anti-foreign sentiment in these areas may not exist to such an extent to lead to protests.

As well as the Balearic islands, the same occurred in the Canaries and other major tourist area's of Spain and in the cities such as Barcelona and Malaga.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:
19 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The drunken behavior is well documented - but, there is also an element of 'biting the hand that feeds you'....  These area's have profited massively from British Tourists, locals have got very rich

And they don’t want us for all the money in the world.

That is your problem I think, because you spend money in the Thai economy you think “they” owe you something and over estimate your importance.

Nope... thats your projection.. just making shyte up... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, MalcolmB said:

All of us 

Perhaps it would be more appropriate to refer solely to yourself, rather than using 'us' and assuming others share your views. I doubt that many would want to be associated with the perpetuation of dissociative identity disorder or the ongoing displays of bigotry you often exhibit.

That said, I’m done for the day, but I’ll leave you with these final thoughts.

While I do agree that some British individuals behave poorly, leading to biases in people like yourself, I firmly disagree with the notion that this bias is representative of British people as a whole. This is why I’ve consistently objected to your remarks, which lack both critical thought and depth of intelligence, instead revealing a significant negative bias against Brits - and, more broadly, against foreigners in general.

This bias is further reflected in your unbalanced positive favouritism toward Thais, which, while not inherently wrong, clouds your perception of the complexities of life here.

Many of your comments are so detached from reality that they come across as either extreme naivety or attempts at trolling for a reaction, which, unsurprisingly, you often receive.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This bias is further reflected in your unbalanced positive favouritism toward Thais

If you don’t like the Thais you really should pack your bags and leave to some country where you do like the people.

Nobody will miss you.

Could I recommend Spain? 

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats true... but I thin its also fair to suggest that the protests are also trigged to some extend by the behavior of tourists in those areas. 

IF the area's were just busy, but all tourists behaved so respectfully and politely, I suspect the anti-foreign sentiment in these areas may not exist to such an extent to lead to protests.

As well as the Balearic islands, the same occurred in the Canaries and other major tourist area's of Spain and in the cities such as Barcelona and Malaga.

The protests are nothing to do with the behaviour of the tourists or Brexit , its the sheer amount of tourists is what they are protesting about .

Al- Jazzera , CNN , The Guardian, take your pick

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=6ac826d67940f619&sxsrf=ADLYWIJX1tSQ3UyojnFgv3_jEiaQy65EeA:1729780163086&q=Why+are+people+in+Spain+protesting+tourism%3F&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjj76OhnaeJAxVWT2wGHZ_rG0wQzmd6BAhHEAY&biw=1255&bih=533&dpr=1.53

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

Well, as I recall, you were on speaking terms, or should I say, typing terms with him/her.....😘

So please don't bring me into your fantasies, eh.....:guitar:

The only fantasy here is an Aussie Truck driver , I have no idea why you would fantasise about  having an online affair with an Aussie Truck driver , most strange 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

However, the request infuriated the man, who argued that he had the right to smoke wherever he pleased, claiming it was a personal freedom

I was a fanatic smoker untill 4 years ago. One day I stopped deliberatly without any help because it started boring me. Then I got my freedom back. I didn't have to worry about smoking allowed bars, restaurants, taxis, etc., disturbing non smokers, empty packets, lighter, smelling clothes, dirty tooths, jeopardizing my health, 

This said, these low level people are really a burdon for most of us normal educated farangs. One have to keep in mind that we are strangers.  We are spied, judged, scrutinized by the locals. Any misstep will be exaggerated to extraterrestrial proportions as they are not fans of know-it-all visitors, some of whom act like colonist conquerors, making us even more unpopular

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

What was wrecked ??? - did you see any photo's or pictures of a 'wrecked stall'.... 

I saw none of that....     I think its just an exaggeration for the headline... 

No apologising for the Brit - he's clearly a pi!!ock...  read that twice if you need to, just to lock it into that bigoted scull of yours !!! 

There was no wrecked stall. Any wreckage was down to the behavior of the sisters.

Of course it's an exaggeration to justify firstly throwing an object from one of them at him, backed up by the second throwing water which was hardly likely to ' put out a cigarette ' it was intentionally aimed to inflame the situation.

He wasn't smoking over her food at the stall and was a good couple of meters away from her stall. It looks like he is on a public highway, not in the middle of a market.

Gas bottles are used to fuel open burners with naked flames, so the health and safety argument is out the window.

Then of course, we have the AN forum hang them high brigade on here, 

Ban him, send him to jail, revoke his visa, throw him out of the country,...….pathetic responses and over the top!

The guy has smoked a cigarette and that is the top and bottom of it, and whether you like it or not, no law was broken. 

This crime against humanity has subsequently drawn the wrath of the great and the good on Asean Now to warrant a 10 page thread.

Finally, we have the outraged Anti British on here spewing their bile against any person of British extraction.

You guys want to get out of your self important bubbles, off your small laptops and barstools, where you spend your lives blaming everybody else for your own miserable existence and give your heads a good wobble,

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1