How to Adopt Thai child?

Hi,

been together with my wife for 10 years next month and taking care of her daughter (12yo) for 10 years as well.

I would like to adopt her so that she won’t need her biological dads signature for official stuff like changing schools anymore etc.

My wife and I don’t know where to start.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you🙏🏻

• Thumbs Up 1

I raised my friends son since he was 3. Now 21. He’s always been asking me to adopt him, but his mother is actually from Laos and they used a Thai lady friend to put her name on the birth certificate. We could never find her so we couldn’t do it. Now that he is of legal age he still wants me to adopt him as he considers me as his Dad. I told him that I don’t know if I could now that he is older. If anyone knows if this still can be done I’d sure love to do it for him.  He’ll always be my son no matter what the paperwork says, but it’s more important for him and still brings it up often. 🙏

17 minutes ago, jcmj said:

I raised my friends son since he was 3. Now 21. He’s always been asking me to adopt him, but his mother is actually from Laos and they used a Thai lady friend to put her name on the birth certificate. We could never find her so we couldn’t do it. Now that he is of legal age he still wants me to adopt him as he considers me as his Dad. I told him that I don’t know if I could now that he is older. If anyone knows if this still can be done I’d sure love to do it for him.  He’ll always be my son no matter what the paperwork says, but it’s more important for him and still brings it up often. 🙏

I'd suggest you contact the Child Adoption Centre (details above). They will tell you whether it is possible or not.