Sweat Happens: My Awkward Body Heat Saga in Thailand...

Alright, I’m struggling to keep it together in this relentless Thailand heat. It’s one thing to break a little sweat now and then, but this is getting ridiculous. I’m talking about the constant, tickling sweat trickle down the lower back, then further in between the cheeks, pooling into… areas I’d rather it didn’t. It’s like no matter where I am or what I’m doing In Bangkok, I can’t escape this awkward drip-drop action running down my backside, making its way south to drench my jewel pouch in an unasked-for bath. And by the time all that sweat reaches that spot, it doesn’t exactly have the most endearing of smells. Don’t imagine I’m gonna be getting anyone wanting to go down for a taint reconnaissance after I’ve been out and about for a few hours walking around in Yaowarat.

And I’ll be honest—once it starts, there’s no stopping it. It’s like a tiny river running straight down the crack, adding to the unfortunate swamp collecting down below. Sitting, standing, walking—it doesn’t seem to care. Even my local partner started giving me looks after we go outside together for a while. I can tell from the stares that my unique wet “glow” isn’t exactly appealing.

I’ve tried everything I can think of—wearing lighter fabrics, powder, even sneaking in extra public bathroom trips to dry things off. But nothing seems to work for long, and I’m left feeling like I’m just doomed to a life of… let’s call it crack drips and sack puddles.

At this point, I’m just looking for some sympathy or maybe a miracle trick to feel semi-normal in this heat. Anyone else battling the “cheek trickle”?

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2