More Than 50.000 Members On Thaivisa Now ?

LaoPo

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 1,461,279 posts

We have 48,217 registered members

The newest member is sybille47

Most users ever online was 7,233 on 2007-06-08 09:15:46

:o hmmm...don't understand; how come a member can have member# 49.995 if there are 48,217 registered members?

and how come I can't find this newest member 'sybille47' ? "Your search - sybille47 - did not match any documents."

Strange.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

1) A memberprofile can be removed. For instance on one forum I admin we remove duplicate registations done in error, non-validating spam-registrations - and on some sites - none verified registrations.

The ID will tick up one step per registration in the db but that is just the technical side of it.

2) Newest member means 'latest registration' not 'latest to post'.

There are surely many banned members and members who've never logged in for over a year. So, to the board admin, can you tell us how many members are there that are not banned and visited at least once in the last 6 months?

1) A memberprofile can be removed. For instance on one forum I admin we remove duplicate registations done in error, non-validating spam-registrations - and on some sites - none verified registrations.

The ID will tick up one step per registration in the db but that is just the technical side of it.

2) Newest member means 'latest registration' not 'latest to post'.

Correct, most part of it. We currently has 48,220 members.

George, shouldn't you think about updating that sooner rather than later. Obviously there are not 50 000 active members on the site, if so we would hardly be able to recognise a name on here.

Don't you think it's a bit cheeky to tell potential advertisers you have 50 000 members here when you don't?

Let's one day have some accurate figures for this website, I'm sure they are good enough anyway.

Don't you think it's a bit cheeky to tell potential advertisers you have 50 000 members here when you don't?

Don't know what you are on about but it says "We have 48,217 registered members". Don't equate a member number with the number of registered members shown, which is correct. The database was reset a couple of times over the years, especially at the beginning and index numbers to members were reset. Not something George can do now or the whole database will be upset. There is no 'deception' going on.

As for the new member mentioned, they are here > sybille47

Advertising is normally sold on the basis of unique visitors and page views over a certain time period (daily, monthly, or quarterly) rather than number of members. There is an opt-in mailing list that actually has more subscribers than the forum has total members.

Edited by cdnvic

Advertising is normally sold on the basis of unique visitors and page views over a certain time period (daily, monthly, or quarterly) rather than number of members. There is an opt-in mailing list that actually has more subscribers than the forum has total members.

Good point. Also there are usually more guests connected at any one time then there are members. Example as of now > 1879 guests, 292 members, 12 anonymous members

Around 200 of the "guests" are actually search engine spiders/crawlers, at any given time, so you have to subtract them to get the the correct picture.

Here is some quite accurate stats over members, traffic and usage:

http://www.big-boards.com/board/1574/

That's quite interesting, George!

Visitors origin for Thai Visa:

Thailand: 21.9%

Australia: 21.6% !!

USA : 17.2%

UK : 10.1% that % surprises me...expected more.

Germany: 4.4%

Canada : 1.9%

Others : 22.9% would that be mostly European countries ?

LaoPo

Around 200 of the "guests" are actually search engine spiders/crawlers, at any given time, so you have to subtract them to get the the correct picture.

Here is some quite accurate stats over members, traffic and usage:

http://www.big-boards.com/board/1574/

That's quite interesting, George!

Visitors origin for Thai Visa:

Thailand: 21.9%

Australia: 21.6% !!

USA : 17.2%

UK : 10.1% that % surprises me...expected more.

Germany: 4.4%

Canada : 1.9%

Others : 22.9% would that be mostly European countries ?

LaoPo

I digged out some more accurate info from Google Analytics, which tracks our traffic. see attached PDF.

Analytics_www.thaivisa.com_20070711_20070810__GeoMapReport_.pdf

Most Dbase(s) needs be taken offline to re-index.

We are reindexing and optimizing the database every week, but we do it online, just 10 minutes off-line each week for the hard stuff. A database of this huge size is a bit hard to maintain, but we have professionals to do backups, optimize and keep the system up and running for you. To run this site is not an easy operation, I can tell you. But it's fun.