Hang Dong Big C

swain

I'm sorry, Tywais, it seems that the parking lot was designed for entry and exit at both ends. However, when I and the g/f were there today they had closed the entrance on the ring road and the exit on the Hang Dong road. Just having to exit on the ring road meant a >3 km detour for me (living near the Night Safari), so I'm afraid they'll have to do without my business :o.

Priceless

I'm sorry, Tywais, it seems that the parking lot was designed for entry and exit at both ends. However, when I and the g/f were there today they had closed the entrance on the ring road and the exit on the Hang Dong road.

Thanks Priceless. That doesn't seem too well thought out then. If everybody has to leave on the ring road exit, that U-turn has to be a nightmare. Let's hope that is a temporary measure for whatever reason.

Dropped in a couple of days back for a quick shop. Interesting because they have such things as brussels sprouts at an affordable price, but certain essentials, (for us) such as brown rice are only stocked in Kilo packs and very expensive.

I will be sticking with Lotus, I'm afraid.

One thing I noticed is that you better exit on the Hang Dong road, not the Middle Ring.. Because if you exit there, the first U-turn opportunity is a LONG way down, and with a big line of cars backed up there waiting to U-turn.

Can you enter the parking area on the Ring Road then exit on the Hang Dong road side?

You can't. :o I gave it every effort this morning, but it's really impossible unless you want to bash some traffic cones out of the way.

So everyone has to go 1.5 kms down the ring road, then queue in a jam for the U-turn, then go 1.5 kms back.. Nice.

I'm not sure it's temporary either: The Hang Dong Road entrance (exit) is VERY close to the traffic lights. That could get messy if a lot of cars exit there, some of which will want to go to the right-most lane for a U-turn or turn right on to the Middle Ring towards the Canal Road.

Way convenient to where we live however and the Makro is not far behind, time-wise. I have a feeling that the Hangdong Rd Lotus is going to suffer the arrival of these two stores in such close proximity.

In case others aren't aware, I was told that Makro just opened their doors yesterday.