Have You Played A Hoax?

rtaxron

Whats the worst you have done in the past 10/20 years of playing a hoax, joke or a cruel misdemeanour?

I worked in the Middle East for 11 years and the Arabs were a pain in the arse towards the Brits.

So travelling to different parts and staying in so many hotels, I got a kick out of moving the plastic sticker by the bedside of the arrow pointing to Mecca for the Muslims to pray to the opposite direction.

I dont think that many of them were sent to hel_l by Alla. :o

You could have made it point at the toilet. :o

And is it funny... Well, not 'laughing my lungs out'-funny, but then I don't get much further than switching people's mouse buttens left<->right and configuring a Dvorak keyboard in people's control panel, so what do I know.

While on a fishing trip, staying in a shack on a remote sheep station, three of us played a little joke on the fourth member of the group. Knowing he had a phobia about snakes, we drew realistic snake tracks in the dust leading up to the door of the place for him to discover. We then all pretended to search for the snake behind furniture and had a few "sightings" of something disappearing behind boxes, etc. One guy had set up a piece of fishing line attached to some newspaper behind a large heavy freezer. Pulling the line made a rustling noise well away from where anyone was standing so it seemed something was there.

The guy exited the shack in a hurry and spend about two hours sitting in a chair, holding a stick, staring at the door before he was let in on the joke.

I once managed a sex shop for a while years ago. All the videos where in a nice rack in the corner. People, not just guys, would spend ages chossing between titles. They would then bring them to the counter. Under the counter I just had a load of tapes so just made as if to look for the right one and slap it in the case. Hardly anyone ever complained and I even took a blank tape in one day and sold that. The guy never came back. I only worked there for 6 months but the time was great. A real eye opener. :o

Had a friend that was always a drunk & hardly ever had a job. He worked for the park board in the states, temporary for 3 months or so. A year later on about April 1st day (April fools day). We had a guy call his home and told his mom that he was hired again (full time). To come to the park office at 7:00 A.M. with steel toed boots, safety helmet & a couple other safety items. He borrowed some money from his mom, got drunk and told off my friend (he was working for awhile). At the office they had no idea what was going on. My friend figured out it was a joke and got pissed off at me & a couple other friends. He went back to his old job and tried to see if he could work with my friend again. He said sure but, he had to start over again & get less pay. My friend was mad at us again. But, everyone was laughing too hard. He did get his full salary. But, he is still mad at us.

I replaced the work coffee with decaffeinated coffee for a week, then replaced it with espresso!

Replaced the creamer with salt (at work).

Reset the copy machine to 1000.

Put a drop or two of vaseline (eye drops) in the work coffee pot/ hot water pot.

Whats the worst you have done in the past 10/20 years of playing a hoax, joke or a cruel misdemeanour?

I worked in the Middle East for 11 years and the Arabs were a pain in the arse towards the Brits.

So travelling to different parts and staying in so many hotels, I got a kick out of moving the plastic sticker by the bedside of the arrow pointing to Mecca for the Muslims to pray to the opposite direction.

if you were caught in the middle east for doing that, my guess is - you would have gotten at least 20 lashes in a public display. burning a copy of the koran would get you the death penalty.

if you were caught in the middle east for doing that, my guess is - you would have gotten at least 20 lashes in a public display. burning a copy of the koran would get you the death penalty.

once dug up a 3 foot conifer tree in my brothers garden and replaced it with a 6 foot tree ,idiot didnt even notice.cost me 17.50 p

The Op's joke on the Arabs was funny. I spent some time in Malaysia and saw them all over the place. Arrows, not Arabs.

Gave a pal some hay fever tablets and told him they were 'party pills'. As we all were laughing and enjoying ourselves it didn't take him long to act the same. After taking the micky out of him for a while we gave him some real ones.

Drugs are not cool! Don't touch them! We were young and daft.

Edited by DirkGently