The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

and John Barnes continues to lead Tranmere to the very depths - got done at home by Charlton 0 - 4. :)

come back Ronnie Moore

Yes Please. :D

lot of talk on this point pre season. Although its still early on cant help think Tranmere made a big mistake and will pay for the lack of loyalty shown to Ronnie. A bit of money for Ronnie to spend and Tranmere should have been up there, he has the nous and record at this level. :D

Le Fondre makes it 3 in 3 games for the millers, another good win to move us second, sorry Macclad :)

Yeah,congrats to the Millers.I reckon it could be automatic promotion for your lads this season.

Tranmere....pretty shocking but they are getting what they deserve over their treatment of Ronnie Moore.

Rochdale back on form beating rivals Bury 3-0......incidentally Mr.bj I'm in Chaiyaphum tonite so will be watching Portsmouth v Citeh in the Sirichai !

A goal down after 33 secs and 2 down after 6 mins, was a little to much for Exeter to come back from

however, if you discounted that and look to the positives, it could have been a real spanking. so a big up to the team for trying to make a game of it and only

losing 2-1. Sounded like incey has got a good team together. everyone was impressed, unfortunately.

unlucky macca, but rotherham are a v good team and a good win for the dale

but the result of the weekend, without a doubt, Barnet over money bags Notts, sooner they fuc of up the divisions the better. mind you its nice to have a

hate figure again. and nothing quite as satisfying, as seeing them beat!!

It doesn't get much better than this. :) Beating the sheep 3-2 has made my month so far......first time in 6 seasons we've done them & we're gonna enjoy it !!

Good one mate, could see that you was happy from the text you sent me. You in town this week? If so I'll see you on Wednesday.

incidentally Mr.bj I'm in Chaiyaphum tonite so will be watching Portsmouth v Citeh in the Sirichai !

Is that the Hotel Macc? Or is it the big pub with live music and a big stage. Can't remember now :)

Its the hotel.....the big pub place is called Mongs Party House near Tawen Daeng and a few minutes walk from Tesco's ??

Absolutely chucking it down last night but fortunately a few tables and the big screen under cover.

Watched all 3 games......City should have won by more but Nugent could have equalised for Pompey at the end.

Heineken went down well so enjoyed a good nights kip later. :D

Sheffield Star, Thursday, 3rd September 2009

GOODBYE MILLERS Mark Robins could be off to Barnsley

ROTHERHAM United boss Mark Robins could be hours away from waving goodbye to the Millers after talks concluded at Barnsley this evening.

He was given permission to speak to Oakwell directors by Rotherham chairman Tony Stewart and spent several hours there this evening, leaving around 8.10pm.

Robins has not signed any contract - but some fans think he'll be ambitious enough to want to make the jump up two divisions to the Championship.

The Barnsley manager's job became available after chairman Patrick Cryne parted company with Simon Davey.

It is believed that Robins, aged 39, can be released from his Millers contract if a compensation fee is paid.

Barnsley are bottom of the Championship after picking up just one point from five games.

Former Manchester United striker Robins took charge of Rotherham, who are second in League Two, in March 2007.

Mr Stewart confirmed:"Mark is in discussions with Barnsley.

"But we believe his future is here at Rotherham. We hope he makes the correct decision and stays and finishes what he's started.

"We have made tremendous strides over the past 18-months on and off the pitch - Mark has been an integral part of the progress we have made.

"We want to be a Championship side in our own new stadium in Rotherham in the next three years. I am committed to those goals."

Unquote

Especially for Thai Miller and all local supporters.

Rather than give him permission to talk to Barnsley I reckon they,d do well to discourage him along with possible incentives to stay at Rotherham..

Encourgage him now, before hand, not try later when it could possibly be to late.

What he,s done is nothing short of a miracle in pulling them through last season and overcoming the very unjust penalties the club got, points wise.

He,s also had a great start to this season and knows the set up, players and the supporters well.

What is the point of contracts not only for managers, but players as well.

It,s time everyone was made to honour them unless mutual agreement is reached for certain circumstances.

Blackmail and a bigger wage, not being one of them.

IMHO

marshbags :)

Edited by marshbags

Im gutted to say the least MB, I think we need to snap Ronnie Moore up before Tranmere realise how much of a mistake they made and try to get him back. :D :D

Here,s an update. TM doesn,t look promising at this stage.

Sheffield Star, Date: 03 September 2009

BREAKING: Millers put Robins on 'gardening leave' over Barnsley talks

Rotherham United have put manager Mark Robins "on gardening leave" following his talks with Barnsley over their managerial vacancy last night.

Millers chairman Tony Stewart issued a statement today announcing the club's decision.

In it he said: "Mark Robins has confirmed that his talks with Barnsley FC are not yet concluded and, as such, whilst he remains our manager, it has been agreed that he will take a period of gardening leave until the matter is resolved.

"We will keep fans updated as and when further developments occur and wish to confirm that preparations for Saturday's game with Chesterfield will take priority at this moment in time."

There was no announcement on who will take charge for the game with Chesterfield.

Unquote

If he really does remain the manager, then surely it should be a carry on as normal situation ????

" Whilst he remains our manager, it has been agreed that he take a period of gardening leave "

The statement doesn,t sound either mutual or very friendly to me ??? Unless................

As an after thought, I wonder if the Millers have had / have Ronnie in their sights and are fishing for a lucrative compensation payout for Mark Robbins

Hmmmmmmmm

Edited by marshbags

I can't really blame him to be honest MB, not with everything thats happened in the past year or so, it p1sses me off a little that its a local club he's going to though, to be honest I though he was nailed on for the Norwich job, when it was available. If he does go good luck top him, he's given a lot to a little club like us and im sure all the fans will wish him well.

I can't really blame him to be honest MB, not with everything thats happened in the past year or so, it p1sses me off a little that its a local club he's going to though, to be honest I though he was nailed on for the Norwich job, when it was available. If he does go good luck top him, he's given a lot to a little club like us and im sure all the fans will wish him well.

Unfortunately all the fans wont wish him well, all clubs have a few ingrate nobs. Lack of loyalty my arse...I have and believe the majority of people would and do change jobs for more money.

If he dosent go now theres also a mess ahead. He wont be accepted back, hes on ''gardening'' leave at the mo!

The whole episode has become a farce. :D

I wish him well. :)

post-20082-1252196253.gif

Southampton 0 ColU 0

Not a bad start to Aidy Boothroyd's reign as new manager against winless Saints.

"Colchester drew a gallant blank with the winless Saints on a day the club had saved all the pomp about ex-U's skipper, Dean Hammond, for this particular match supplement. He appeared three times: once on the cover, once in a centre-fold and then again during a glossy-three page interview.

Fans were delighted to see the passionate Boothroyd and his chargers rewarded, having lost midfilder, Kem Izzet, to a red card and then skipper, Pat Baldwin, through what looked like a potentially very serious injury, before half-time. Baldwin was given a standing ovation from the travelling support when stretchered off, in recognition that he may have sustained serious hurt."

This should cheer you up a bit TM and maybe make amends for the not so good news I posted for you earlier in the week.

Rotherham 3 - 1 Chesterfield

Rotherham recovered from going a goal down to defeat Chesterfield.

The visitors were given a free-kick but then awarded a penalty after the referee consulted his assistant and Jamie Lowry scored from the spot.

Rotherham equalised when Danny Harrison struck from inside the penalty box to the bottom left corner of the goal.

Adam Le Fondre scored the Millers' second with a close-range effort before Kevin Ellison made the victory secure knocking the ball into an empty net.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rotherham United assistant manager John Breckin told BBC Radio Sheffield:

"I thought the second half performance was magnificent"

"It hasn't been an ideal week. I have kept that players informed with what's happening. They are professional footballers"

"Andy Warrington kept us in the game"

Chesterfield manager John Sheridan told BBC Radio Sheffield:

"I though for 65 minutes we were very comfortable, we had some great opportunities to kill the game off.

"We didn't take our chances and paid the price, we've just got to be better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rotherham United chairman Tony Stewart told BBC Radio Sheffield about the situation of Mark Robins:

"I think if you were a betting man, you'd think the odds are all for him going.

"The deal's not done yet, but I think it will happen."

bbclogo.jpg

-- BBC 05-09-09

There you go TM yet another great result for you all.

Looks like Mark Robbins, should he go / when he goes, appears to have left a good set up in place ( for now anyway ) depending on if they change the set up with a possible new manager coming in.

Matbe they should leave John Breckin in charge and see how he handles it / does.

Ref url for audios including one from Tommy Stewart.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/e...v_3/8234052.stm

The sad part for me is John Sheridan being the loosing manager.

He was always a great player for the Owls and we loved him, still do.

Edited by marshbags

Cheers MB, its funny to see that 2 of the 3 sides to get the points deduction last season are the top 2 of the league so far this season. Both rotherham and Bournemouth got a 17 point deduction last season. Its a funny old game isn't it.

Looks like Ronnie Moore is lined up to replace Mark Robbins, bookies have stopped taking money on it. Im happy with that, last time he was with us we got successive promotions, with Mark robbins being his main striker. See what happens monday. :):D

Tranmere suffered their fourth straight defeat as they went down to a 3-0 loss against Carlisle at Brunton Park. :D

Played 6 - Points 3

Position on table 23rd out of 24 ..... :)

<deleted> are you doing Barnesy ?

He might have been able to score goals but I don't think he can manage his way out of bl**dy Tescos

Exeter were shockingly bad yesterday. gave away a pen after something like 3 mins. held on to half time and from the kick off a short header left the keeper, making his league debut. ist and second choice keepers injured, in no mans land---- 2-0 and game over. the score aside ,This is worst anyone has seen Exeter play since we were relegated to the conference. Its very worrying.

Edited by rijit

Exeter were shockingly bad yesterday. gave away a pen after something like 3 mins. held on to half time and from the kick off a short header left the keeper, making his league debut. ist and second choice keepers injured, in no mans land---- 2-0 and game over. the score aside ,This is worst anyone has seen Exeter play since we were relegated to the conference. Its very worrying.

When I saw this score I was reminded of your Post #1059, and what Tisdale had said.

But it has to be said that the Gills are a very poor side to lose against.