The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

post-20082-1256407265.gif

ColU 2 Walsall 1

The first half was a lively affair that saw Kevin Lisbie score the first for the U's and Walsall equalising a few minutes later. The half-time score of one apiece seemed about right.

U's came out for the second-half looking far the better side and could have had four but for some good goal keeping and near misses. As it happens it was a Lisbie penalty that gave the eventual goal that would win the game. Apart from the final ten minute onslaught of the U's goal, the result is a reflection of who was, overall, the better side.

Anyone know if it's possible to listen to lower league games on the radio via the internet for free?

The only way I've been able to listen in is by subscribing to the clubs website, which is a bit of a rip-off.

Check your PM mate.

let us in on the secret.

It's no secret. We won 2-1 against the only team in English league football not to have lost a game (before today) this season.

Come on you Lions! -Milwall 2 Leeds 1

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Sounded a poor game. But at the end of it almost felt like a victory. An equaliser in injury time, sounds a little stupid but it was very imortant for us! after shipping seven n the last 2, gives a little ray of light, maybe!!

Macclesfield Town 2 Dagenham & Redbridge 2

On paper a useful point against the team who were second in the league at start of play but Macc were 2-0 up against 10 men with 20 minutes to go.

Then Tipton gets sent off to equal the numbers up and Dagenham get a penalty to equalise in the 3rd minute of injury time ! :)

So two points lost really.....

post-20082-1257011990.gif

Millwall 2 ColU 1

U's when in at half time 1-0 up after a seemingly deflected Wordsworth free kick left their goalkeeper wrong footed.

Once the second half had settled down, Millwall looked the stronger and eventually struck through a 25 yard belter which U's goalkeeper Williams could do nothing to stop. But U's held out to the final minutes when either team could have snatched it. The draw seemed the best and most likely result. But a poor refereeing decision saw Millwall awarded a free kick just outside of the area from which they scored.

This sees U's still in fourth place and still on for the other automatic play-off position. Leeds at present seem unlikely to be caught at the top. Whilst Charlton in second place are floundering.

Tranmere 1 - Swindon 4. :D

Not too shabby.

Very bluddy shabby from the Wirral lads.......... :)

At least Prenton Park was one of the 20 grounds saved from the wrecking ball on Danny Baker's show on Saturday morning. Worth checking out the show's podcasts on Radio 5.

Macclesfield Town 2 Bradford City 2

For the second time in a week Macc blow a two goal lead at home ! :)

But an unbelievable result for the Mighty Dale,mr bj ! Did you get pissed in Saudi and risk a flogging !

Also an excellent result for Exeter.

3=0 to the exeter 3-0 to the exeter 3=0

A very Good performance,a thoroughly deserved 3 points. last season we lost at home to them and drew away so a good 3 points. Just goes to show what a learning curve A new division is . Our manger said after the game, as we had played them last season and they virtually had the same players and manager. he had a good idea how Brentford were going to play. he said he made a plan around that. it worked, well apparently.

The 1 p.m kick off at the picturesque little ground of Bromley looked more like a practice match for the U's than a full-blooded Cup tie. Two goals each half imposed an easy 4-0 win for ColU in the pleasant, late Autumnal sunshine.

Only thing is that I wished that I hadn't forgotten my camera. Although I'll post a couple, if the bloke who did have his with him remembers to email me some.

Edited by Happy Hammer

Colchester 2 exeter 2, the day started badly I had planned to go, but majorly over slept. and looking at the day it was coldish windy,and pissing down with rain and And to be honest me included the general opinion of the Exeter fans was that we were in for a spanking.

Not 2 be, admitidly it was exeter commentary but we missed 2 abso sitters within the first 5 minutes and went 1 up within 13, colchester clawed their way back 1-1 at half time. And im waiting with baited breath to see it but supposedly a wonderful strike from our young play maker Harley. again Colchester clawed their way back and pulling it back 2-all with 5 to go. Im waiting confirmation from fans that went, Happy hammer?whats your take on it. but apparently this was a game we should have won, seemingly comfortably. got to be just a bad day at the office for Colchester, they have so much quality cant really see them not being there or there abouts at the end of the season.

m waiting confirmation from fans that went, Happy hammer?whats your take on it. but apparently this was a game we should have won, seemingly comfortably. got to be just a bad day at the office for Colchester, they have so much quality cant really see them not being there or there abouts at the end of the season.

Yes I was there and quite frankly ColU were second best for a lot of the match, whilst Exeter were impressive and disciplined. I think that most U's supporters that I heard were grumbling about a poor ColU performance, which s also true. I'b be interested to see the Grecians second goal as it was either a fantastic free-kick or that the ball swerved more than it should do under conditions that made it unpredictable. It was a quite a spectacle the way that it skidded along with water spraying each side as the sea parts in the line of a speedboat.

I had given the game up as a worrying second league defeat on the bounce. So it was more relief than anything when Platt scored his second to equalise. Whilst we remain third on goal average leaves me wondering about a trip to Wembley for the play-offs come May. But first the critical Christmas period has to be negotiated and going on from there. Whilst Exeter, judging by today's performance, will easily be safe or better

All the guys that went that have been on the city forum, and the radio Devon commentators reckon it was a ' wonder goal'. But seeing is believing. And safety will def be good enough for us this season. The positive I think for you is that u didn't play well and you still got a point. imo that's the sign of a good team.

I said that I'd post a couple of pictures of Bromley's picturesque little ground when they were sent on. Well they finally arrived. No David Bailey, but still ... Thanks to Rob of ColU

post-20082-1258289145_thumb.jpg

post-20082-1258289176_thumb.jpg

post-20082-1258289131_thumb.jpg

PS

Taken from the directors box, btw. :)

Edited by Happy Hammer

I said that I'd post a couple of pictures of Bromley's picturesque little ground when they were sent on. Well they finally arrived. No David Bailey, but still ... Thanks to Rob of ColU

post-20082-1258289145_thumb.jpg

post-20082-1258289176_thumb.jpg

post-20082-1258289131_thumb.jpg

I used to go to Bromley when I was knee-high to a grasshopper back in the eightiew. I think the old gorund burnt down and this is a new ground. Pitch looks great.

I used to go to Bromley when I was knee-high to a grasshopper back in the eightiew. I think the old gorund burnt down and this is a new ground. Pitch looks great.

From what I was told it was the stand from which the photo's were taken was destroyed by fire "in mysterious circumstances". But the new one is very much ok, and the club house and directors box worthy of any league club -- possibly better than some.