6 Mo Tourist Visa Not Being Issued In Usa

I just got off the phone with the Consulate General's Office in Flordia requesting a six mo. tourist visa which I have been getting for the last three years. I was told I could only get a 90 day visa and could not make any 30 dayvisa run extnesions They said I could only stay in Thailand 90 days out of six months with or without the Tourist Visa. Have things changed that much since I left in May?

Delphi, things have not changed since May except that thanks to the information you kindly provided we now know that the consulate in Florida gives wrong information.

I have seen several posts indicating that some consulates, in different countries, do not know the rules of Police Orders 606/2549 and 608/2549 or do not know how to explain them correctly, nor do they probably consider this to be their job.

--

Maestro

Delphi, things have not changed since May except that thanks to the information you kindly provided we now know that the consulate in Florida gives wrong information.

I have seen several posts indicating that some consulates, in different countries, do not know the rules of Police Orders 606/2549 and 608/2549 or do not know how to explain them correctly, nor do they probably consider this to be their job.

--

Maestro

I believe your correct or I didn't ask the right question in the past I did get 3 multiple entries

Under Item 4 of the Application Lenght Of Stay Should I put 6 mo ?

I don't think I talked to the same girl as in the past if I did she was just having a bad day because Ann has been very kind and helpful in the past. I wouldn't want the Flordia Counslet to get a bad rep. because they are very helpful and fast in processing visa's

"They said I could only stay in Thailand 90 days out of six months with or without the Tourist Visa"

This is false. The limit of 90 days doesn't apply to tourist visas. I would be surprised if they don't issue a double entry tourist visa back in the US anymore. (I presume this is what you are referring to, as with a double entry, you could stay for 6 months (each entry extended 30 days).

I believe your correct or I didn't ask the right question in the past I did get 3 multiple entries

This has always puzzled me, too. There are probably business travellers, eg from a regional office in Singapore or Hong Kong, who go to Thailand three times during the 6-month validity of the triple-entry tourist visa but stay only a few days each trip. In your case, you plan to make 3 back-to-back visits of 60 days each.

I don’t know about the application form used by the Thai consulate in Florida, but I believe the application form usually also asks abut the date of travel to Thailand. Perhaps the best thing to do is to give, in a covering letter with your application, an outline of your travel itinerary, ie the planned dates for the three entries into Thailand and the intended length of stay for each entry, eg “not more than 60 days". This will leave no room for misunderstanding.

Or if there is sufficient space on the form, in the field for travel date, you give the three planned entry dates, in the field for the length of stay you write “not more than 60 days for each trip”.

--

Maestro

"They said I could only stay in Thailand 90 days out of six months with or without the Tourist Visa"

This is false. The limit of 90 days doesn't apply to tourist visas. I would be surprised if they don't issue a double entry tourist visa back in the US anymore. (I presume this is what you are referring to, as with a double entry, you could stay for 6 months (each entry extended 30 days).

:o

6 month tourist visa? I never knew such a visa even existed? I thought 60 day tourist visa was max....?

I'm sure he's talking about a visa which is valid for 6 months.

It's not surprising the consulates in the US can't understand the new rules because ot even the immigration officials enforcing it don't.

Edited by tropo

6 month tourist visa? I never knew such a visa even existed? I thought 60 day tourist visa was max....?

I'm sure he's talking about a visa which is valid for 6 months.

It's not surprising the consulates in the US can't understand the new rules because ot even the immigration officials enforcing it don't.

what happened to the original poster? The first post is riddled with inconsistencies and/or inaccuracies. Maybe the OP can reappear and clarify things or followup with more information.

--

Maestro

I don't think I talked to the same girl as in the past if I did she was just having a bad day because Ann has been very kind and helpful in the past. I wouldn't want the Flordia Counslet to get a bad rep. because they are very helpful and fast in processing visa's

The Florida consulate has been exremely helpful to me also in teh past but in the last 2 months I have e-mailed thenm twice to ask some visa questions and they have not replied to either e-mail. It does appear to me that honorary consulate-general has changed since the last time I used the Florida consulate. This might be the reason for the change in service.

regards

Melmark