Football And Beer Night In Bangok

mrtoad

Just got back from the boonies last night.

Nice to meet you all, on that soccer night :o hope to do it again soon.

Can't beleive how lightly you have let Chavvy off the hook :bah:

:D

Good to meet you to on the Soccer Night :D . I'm sure that Chavy will get a little bit of stick on the next meet up :bah::D

I wont you know..I'm not going! Only joking I'll be there.......Where's Mig anyway? Not seen any posts from her this week

Chavy it wouldn't be a proper Soccer night with out you :D . I think Mig is away in India or somewhere like that, hence no posts from her

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are the games on a Sunday that weekend?

I found this on soccernet today.

When Sunday comes? October fixture farce

A new record will be set on October 6 with only one of the 10 Premier League games starting at the traditional Saturday 3pm kick-off.

Eight matches will take place on Sunday, October 7 and another at 12.45pm on the Saturday. Due to the demands of television and involvement with the UEFA Cup, only Aston Villa v West Ham remains at Saturday 3pm.

Fans' leaders are to complain to the Premier League about the timings, claiming that it will be 'a dark weekend' for match-going supporters.

Malcolm Clarke, chairman of the Football Supporters' Federation, told PA Sport: 'Fans still very much like the traditional 3pm Saturday kick-off and the decline in that element of the game is a matter of great concern.

'For there to be just one game kicking off at that time is quite extraordinary and it will be a dark weekend for fans.

'It's symbolic of the way things are going but the views of the match-going fan seem to be bottom of the list of priorities. We will certainly bring this up at our next meeting with the Premier League.'

Manchester United v Wigan is the other game taking place of Saturday, October 6 but is kicking off at 12.45pm as it is being televised.

Three other matches are being televised on the Sunday, four more games have been switched because teams involved are playing in the UEFA Cup on the previous Thursday and Manchester City v Middlesbrough has been moved for policing reasons.

The City game was originally due to be played in the last week of the season but as their ground is the venue for the UEFA Cup final, UEFA asked the club to switch their Middlesbrough matches to play at the Riverside on the last weekend of the season.

As United are at home on Saturday, October 6, City have to play on the Sunday.

A Premier League spokesman said: 'It is a combination of factors - teams featuring in Europe, television games and policing issues.

'We always try to give fans as much notice as possible as our research shows that if we do that, then they can make the appropriate travel arrangements.'

Teams involved in the UEFA Cup do not have to play on a Sunday but under Premier League rules they have a right do so if it does not impact on the opposing team.

Saturday Oct 6: Man Utd v Wigan 12:45pm; Aston Villa v West Ham 3pm.

Sunday Oct 7: Arsenal v Sunderland 12pm; Reading v Derby 2pm; Blackburn v Birmingham 3pm; Bolton v Chelsea 3pm; Liverpool v Tottenham 3pm; Man City v Middlesbrough 3pm; Newcastle v Everton 3pm; Fulham v Portsmouth 4.10pm.

I thought the bar we were in was perfect Mr T .

As for the next date , I think sometime in October when we have a long holiday would be perfect .

But if Boston Barry :D fancies one more night out in Bkk before he goes back to blighty then that would be also be perfect :D .

hel_l yeah, but if Boston Barry is back in town and up for watching some Soccer, then I'm up for it as well

Can't beleive how lightly you have let Chavvy off the hook :D

One Chance Chavy hasnt got off that easy Mr B , he's our sponsor for the next football night :bah::bah: , and we can drink :D .

[quote name='Sunderland' post='1517739' date='2007-09-05 10:26:58'

The fillipino's were a bit of alrite aswell :D .

But not that good at singing :D .

Guys, might be me my last post as someone has taken offence to my signature. Had a little warning this evening from MITM, but lets see what happens. Anyway, if I now get banned, then I apologise for the profanity of my signature and I hope that I get to catch up with you all soon.

Dear oh dear :o , some people really have too much time on their hands.

As for the next date , I think sometime in October when we have a long holiday would be perfect .

But if Boston Barry :D fancies one more night out in Bkk before he goes back to blighty then that would be also be perfect :D .

hel_l yeah, but if Boston Barry is back in town and up for watching some Soccer, then I'm up for it as well

Can't beleive how lightly you have let Chavvy off the hook :bah:

One Chance Chavy hasnt got off that easy Mr B , he's our sponsor for the next football night :bah::o , and we can drink :D .

Oooccchhhh ! Please be gentle :D

But if Boston Barry :bah: fancies one more night out in Bkk before he goes back to blighty then that would be also be perfect :bah: .

Can't beleive how lightly you have let Chavvy off the hook :o

One Chance Chavy hasnt got off that easy Mr B , he's our sponsor for the next football night ;):D , and we can drink :D .

Oooccchhhh ! Please be gentle :D

:D:D

That would be a very expensive sponsorship deal

Maybe they'll let me wash the glasses at the end of the night......for the next few months :o

One problem with that Chavy, it probably is a restricted job requiring a degree in Glass Cleansing and therefore you won't be eligable. :D

Maybe they'll let me wash the glasses at the end of the night......for the next few months :o

One problem with that Chavy, it probably is a restricted job requiring a degree in Glass Cleansing and therefore you won't be eligable. :D

Yes, i'm far too stupid for that qualification :D

Yes, i'm far too stupid for that qualification :D

One other important thing is.........you still have to be there at the END of the night. One thing your'e not very good at :D

Yes, i'm far too stupid for that qualification :bah:

One other important thing is.........you still have to be there at the END of the night. One thing your'e not very good at :D

Doehhh ! :D

Yes, i'm far too stupid for that qualification :bah:

Doehhh ! :D

Don't worry guys, I'm going to bring a nice dishcloth and apron for Chavy on the next night.

Dont worry Chav , scousemouse will buy you a beer mate :D .

Scouse, I reckon this could be a cunning ploy by Chavy :D

Gain lots of sympathy and then the next time lots of beer :D

Anyway, the first beers for Chavy, Scouse, Mig, Zaza and Mr BoJ (If he's in the country are on me).

Edited by mrtoad

so between Chavy and Mrtoad...how many free drinks have I accumulated????

not forgetting the giant chocolate bar that Chavy owes me.

I hear soundman is gonna come deliver one in person next time?? :o

so between Chavy and Mrtoad...how many free drinks have I accumulated????

not forgetting the giant chocolate bar that Chavy owes me.

I hear soundman is gonna come deliver one in person next time?? :o

Hey ! welcome back Mig...I thought the experience of meeting all those ugly mugs had put you off for life

The Soundman said he would come next time & deliver the chocy for you !

Yes, the next one the drinks are on me (I could live to regret that)

Hey ! welcome back Mig...I thought the experience of meeting all those ugly mugs had put you off for life

has to be an Arsenal game for the next one to bring me back :o

The Soundman said he would come next time & deliver the chocy for you !

ok or this will do too :D free chocolates....that I cant refuse :D

or even free lemonades...but only if its from MrToadie :D

I'm sure toadie will be ok with that.

Anyway guys (& gals) Im out of here speak to you all Monday

Good luck to your teams if they're playing....come on England (footy & rugby) you can do it

You forgot to mention the cricket as well. Big weekend for English sport, hope the wheels don't come off :D

Mig, I have suggested a date for the football, which included an Arsenal game, and no Man Utd game. See I am willing to make sacrafices and watch other teams :o

Any news on when the next one will be ?????.

I think Boston Barry will be departing back to blighty soon and reckon we should have one before then if he's up for it :D , but he has to stop drinking budweiser :D:D .

Toadie mentioned Oct 7th as a possible replay date, :o however, if we need to change then no probs for me apart from this coming weekend (15th)

Im working all week including saturday 15th grrrr!! but if theres a good game on 15th....it'll be a good way to relax after my very hectic 2 weeks.

I think Im away the weekend of 22nd/23rd Sept. October is too far away to predict...but 7th could be a possibility.

Saturday, 15 September 2007

Birmingham v Bolton, 15:00

Chelsea v Blackburn, 17:15

Everton v Man Utd, 12:00

Portsmouth v Liverpool, 12:45

Sunderland v Reading, 15:00

Tottenham v Arsenal, 13:30

West Ham v Middlesbrough, 15:00

Wigan v Fulham, 15:00

The 7th is a good one for me, but I'm more than happy to go and watch a couple of games on the 15th if anyone else is up for it? Might have to look at an alt venue as when I spoke to Dave in the bar last week, the Rugby will take priority during the world cup.

Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal all on early that evening. So, show of hands...and I'll check out where is the best place and of course one that sells Cider :o

Any news on when the next one will be ?????.

I think Boston Barry will be departing back to blighty soon and reckon we should have one before then if he's up for it :D , but he has to stop drinking budweiser :D:bah: .

Toadie mentioned Oct 7th as a possible replay date, :o however, if we need to change then no probs for me apart from this coming weekend (15th)

As I said, the 15th is no good for me :D but if you go ahead then no problems I'll go on the next one. :D