Phrakagnon Ghost

pop_corn

Hello!!! im trying to get info about the ghost in phrakagnon... i know is a lady that commited suicid. i tryed to look on the net, but nothing... anyone knows it? her name? something else?

thanks!!!

:o

There is a statue of her in the market @ PhraKanong.

The locals leave offerings of toys there, its quite creepy.

There is also a famous film based on her/it, Ghost Of Mae Nak.

Cheers

Mae Nak Prakanong แม่นาคพระโขนง

from wilkipedia:

Mae Naak Phra Khanong (or simply Nak) is a Thai ghost story. Taking place in 19th century Siam, it is about a pregnant woman named Nak, whose husband Mak goes off to war against the Burmese, and while he is gone, she dies in childbirth. When Mak returns, Nak appears alive to him only, and haunts any neighbors who try and make him believe otherwise.

There is a shrine dedicated to Nak at On Nut, Sukhumvit Soi 77 in Bangkok's Suan Luang (formerly Phra Khanong) district

i heard she just say "sawadeekha" umm.. okay. i have ever belive in this kind of things but today i was with a friend in my place, and we were listening to music (loud) suddenly my land phone rings, okay so we played attencion to that, (i didnt pick up, i hate to pick up) .. then we clearly heard "wadeeka" a woman's voice. it was soooooooooo clear, and we hear the same thing. was not the song, (we played back like 5 times to hear and compare)

was no other person here, ot outside, no windows open, no noise at all.. creepy! then the girl fromt he salon she said that to me.. she said that the person should say "sawadee" back to her and is goodluck. we actually did.

my friend said to me "lets reply her" ...

umm... weird...!