Anyone Work/know Someone At Suan Dusit Rajaphat University?

jeepholt

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this. If not, my apologies. I am looking for someone who may be able to help me to get the head office of Rajaphat University to send in paperwork to get the University approved by the United States Veteran's Administration. My Thai wife is attending the Pattaya branch of Rajaphat, but I am fairly sure that only the main university can apply for approval. Due to my status as a disabled veteran, if I can get the University approved by the VA, then I can get the VA to pay for my wife's education. There are other Universities in Thailand that have been approved already, but either don't offer the degree (Public Administration/Political Science) that she is pursuing, or are not located nearby (Pattaya). I have already gone round and round with the Pattaya branch office, and have also wasted a day going to the main student affairs office in Bangkok trying to explain the procedures to them on how to have the University approved by the Veteran's Administration in the USA. Have gone through at least 2,000 baht in phone cards calling them in BKK to find out the status on what they have done with the paperwork so far, and I am getting nowhere with the head office. It seems to me to be relatively simple. All they have to do is answer about 15 questions and send in a copy of their school catalogue and calendar, but TIT. :D

So am looking for someone who may know someone who knows someone that could possibly help us to explain to the head office what they need to do to be approved and to help light a fire up their backsides! :o

TIA

When I have questions for VA or SSA, I call the VARO in Manila. I think their number is +6325256572 with the + being international access (from my mobile, I first dial 009).

Good luck. If the school has never done something before, they have no idea how, and little incentive to learn. That's why I never got work permits!

I hope this helps; others may have better ideas. I suspect you have to figure it out and try to explain it to the school, and then practically lead them by the hand. Good luck.

When I have questions for VA or SSA, I call the VARO in Manila. I think their number is +6325256572 with the + being international access (from my mobile, I first dial 009).

Good luck. If the school has never done something before, they have no idea how, and little incentive to learn. That's why I never got work permits!

I hope this helps; others may have better ideas. I suspect you have to figure it out and try to explain it to the school, and then practically lead them by the hand. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply PeaceBlondie. I was hoping for a little more local help though. I'm pretty sure VARO Manila won't be of much use in this subject area for Thailand. I know that they do help a lot with the GI Bill guys who are living in the Philippines though, and I also deal with them for SSA. Never had any luck with them at all with VA stuff. I have already been corresponding with the GI Bill Regional Office in Buffalo NY http://www.gibill.va.gov which is the office who deals with foreign school approval and I get the normal US gov't responses that just shows that they have no idea what living overseas entails in getting paperwork done. And of course the bottom line of their responses generally just comes out sounding like "do it our way or the highway" mentality.

I have responded to your response to thank you for yours and also hoping to keep the thread alive so TV members may just keep it in the back of their mind in their travels in case they may run across someone who works at the university or knows someone. I've already written out what the University has to send in and gave it to them with a lot of explaining and telling them all they have to do is copy it to their letterhead and send it in with someone in the registrar's office signing it. They of course want to do it all their own way and even say the only one who can sign outgoing mail like that is the President of the University himself. That's a laugh, since the US gov't sand crabs in Boston who approve the application, should get a chuckle over someone named khun somchai signing an illegible letter to them in poor english.

Anyway TV members. Please keep it in the back of your mind that I am looking for someone.

Maybe you could move this topic to another forum PeaceBlondie, it may draw more responses?

TIA